Buy Your Car Before 2026

Imagine a woman trying to escape attackers.
Imagine driving thru road construction.
Imagine driving a rural dirt road.

And your car turns off and won’t restart.

The good news about that? No black-racists “car” will mow down white people at Christmas Parades.

Buried deep within the massive infrastructure legislation recently signed by President Joe Biden is a little-noticed “safety” measure that will take effect in five years. Marketed to Congress as a benign tool to help prevent drunk driving, the measure will mandate that automobile manufacturers build into every car what amounts to a “vehicle kill switch.”

As has become standard for legislative mandates passed by Congress, this measure is disturbingly short on details. What we do know is that the “safety” device must “passively monitor the performance of a driver of a motor vehicle to accurately identify whether that driver may be impaired.”

Everything about this mandatory measure should set off red flares.

First, use of the word “passively” suggests the system will always be on and constantly monitoring the vehicle. Secondly, the system must connect to the vehicle’s operational controls, so as to disable the vehicle either before driving or during, when impairment is detected. Thirdly, it will be an “open” system, or at least one with a backdoor, meaning authorized (or unauthorized) third-parties can remotely access the system’s data at any time.
This will lead to cars being disabled over political dissent.

Hlaf the cars on the road today can be turned off remotely. Not something I am happy about. One day I was rolling down the road in my jeep at 70 mile an hour and the computer system starts updating. If jeep can access remotely so can bad actors. Why the fuck do we not learn from critical infrastructure being hacked. No reason for electric power station or oil pipe lines to be accessible this way. Welcome to the digital age wish people would choose common sense over convenience.

I will take the odds that out of 300 million cars on the road that ours will not be the one messed with by some bad actor for the convenience of my wife being able to start it with her phone so that by the time she gets out to the parking lot it has warmed up and the defrost has kicked in so she does not have to spend 10 minutes sitting alone in the dark waiting.

Cellblock2429
Oh I listened to the radio and watched the adds on TV but never figured I would retire the old van.

What an eye opener it was to shop for a vehicle. Good Lord.
/----/ Life is too short. Sounds like you deserved a new truck. Enjoy it. BTW, did you look at 1 year old used trucks that would be less costly?

Cellblock2429
I have no problem with used. Hell most of the cars I've owned have been used. The only reason I got a new one is because my SS is paying for it. If I didn't have SS I'd have bought another used one.

What in God's name makes people through history repeat the same assinine crap over and over to destroy something that is not perfect, but works for a majority of its citizens?
That’s why the Left hate history being taught.
How many times have we heard Communism didn’t work at X because they just didn’t do it right.

You know, the ability to hack and track a car is here ALREADY, and has been around for quite some time.

Who should you blame for this? The car manufacturers? No actually..................you should blame the consumer. People are continually crying out for better conveniences for their vehicles, which causes the manufacturer to implement those conveniences that usually involve some form of computer connection, which in turn, results in the vehicles being easier to hack and control.

Same thing with cell phones. People want to do more and more with their phone, which results in them letting more and more information out there about what they do (because otherwise the software wouldn't be able to do what they want). Then, the consumer has the audacity to bitch about privacy matters when they are the ones that demanded the services that can violate their privacy in the first place.

The latest Ford F150 ad I saw was people taking their hands off the wheel and letting the driver assist control vehicle while towing a damn camper.
1613500163215.jpg

Never mind the constant electronic safety and software glitches of every manufacturer.

No thanks.
I will drive my own damn vehicle.

Forum List

Back