Buy Your Car Before 2026

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Imagine a woman trying to escape attackers.
Imagine driving thru road construction.
Imagine driving a rural dirt road.

And your car turns off and won’t restart.

The good news about that? No black-racists “car” will mow down white people at Christmas Parades.

Buried deep within the massive infrastructure legislation recently signed by President Joe Biden is a little-noticed “safety” measure that will take effect in five years. Marketed to Congress as a benign tool to help prevent drunk driving, the measure will mandate that automobile manufacturers build into every car what amounts to a “vehicle kill switch.”

As has become standard for legislative mandates passed by Congress, this measure is disturbingly short on details. What we do know is that the “safety” device must “passively monitor the performance of a driver of a motor vehicle to accurately identify whether that driver may be impaired.”

Everything about this mandatory measure should set off red flares.

First, use of the word “passively” suggests the system will always be on and constantly monitoring the vehicle. Secondly, the system must connect to the vehicle’s operational controls, so as to disable the vehicle either before driving or during, when impairment is detected. Thirdly, it will be an “open” system, or at least one with a backdoor, meaning authorized (or unauthorized) third-parties can remotely access the system’s data at any time.

The good news about that? No black-racists “car” will mow down white people at Christmas Parades.

Buried deep within the massive infrastructure legislation recently signed by President Joe Biden is a little-noticed “safety” measure that will take effect in five years. Marketed to Congress as a benign tool to help prevent drunk driving, the measure will mandate that automobile manufacturers build into every car what amounts to a “vehicle kill switch.”

As has become standard for legislative mandates passed by Congress, this measure is disturbingly short on details. What we do know is that the “safety” device must “passively monitor the performance of a driver of a motor vehicle to accurately identify whether that driver may be impaired.”

First, use of the word “passively” suggests the system will always be on and constantly monitoring the vehicle. Secondly, the system must connect to the vehicle’s operational controls, so as to disable the vehicle either before driving or during, when impairment is detected. Thirdly, it will be an “open” system, or at least one with a backdoor, meaning authorized (or unauthorized) third-parties can remotely access the system’s data at any time.
Oh, haha...I thought you meant the charge would run out.....

Don't forget taxation per mile driven.

That is coming as well.

Oh and these ***** with their 'electric cars are cheeeeeper cause no gas' bullshit...they are really gonna fix that.

Taxation is coming on that front as well.

Lube those buttholes!

That is coming as well.

Oh and these ***** with their 'electric cars are cheeeeeper cause no gas' bullshit...they are really gonna fix that.

Lube those buttholes!
Do you believe that many in Congress are this smart? Does Maxine Walters comprehend this? This is why there are others pulling the strings and pushing agendas in Bills to be passed. Controlling the population is needed as the all encompassing world government is realized. The first world people will suffer the most by degree. There will be no pushback to the tyranny as it is slowly molded into all of our lives. These idiots have sealed our future. And sealed their doom.

Sounds like everyone should squirrel away a "Red Barchetta" for a rainy day.

Do you believe that many in Congress are this smart? Does Maxine Walters comprehend this? This is why there are others pulling the strings and pushing agendas in Bills to be passed. Controlling the population is needed as the all encompassing world government is realized. The first world people will suffer the most by degree. There will be no pushback to the tyranny as it is slowly molded into all of our lives. These idiots have sealed our future. And sealed their doom.
California Democrats have already called for tracking devices in cars in order to have you pay per mile.

My 2022 is coming in like 3 weeks. I had my last one for 19 years. I'd still have it but I had too many things to wrong at once and it's going to cost me 1/4 of a new car to fix a 19 year old car so I'm just getting a new one.

That is coming as well.

Lube those buttholes!

My neighbor has an average size ranch style house and 3 people live in it. Not a lot. He bought a Tesla and now his electric bill is 450 bucks a month. He pays more in electric than he did in gas now.

If everyone suddenly had an electric car the grid couldn't handle it. They would tell you to limit charging to certain times and if your meter starts spinning too much out of those times they would fine you.

Does Maxine Walters comprehend this?
Maxine Waters is a person, where if the universe were fair, would probably be driving a school bus.

This a highly compromised black politician...not that any of any race are much better.

However, when your constituencies' average IQ hovers around room temperature it isn't hard to pull one over on them.

This is why there are others pulling the strings and pushing agendas in Bills to be passed. Controlling the population is needed as the all encompassing world government is realized.

Without...a doubt.

We have managers.

The political class are simply that.

The first world people will suffer the most by degree. There will be no pushback to the tyranny as it is slowly molded into all of our lives. These idiots have sealed our future. And sealed their doom.
The future is very much dressed in black.

An e-bike costs about $0.25 per charge per ~20 miles, any weather. If one owns the recharging equipment, it is ~$0.00 per charge per 20 miles.

I'm all for it, it will stop drunk drivers and they need to do something about cannabis drivers as well.

The devices are already being installed on new cars. Any competant mechanic can remove the device.

Hlaf the cars on the road today can be turned off remotely. Not something I am happy about. One day I was rolling down the road in my jeep at 70 mile an hour and the computer system starts updating. If jeep can access remotely so can bad actors. Why the fuck do we not learn from critical infrastructure being hacked. No reason for electric power station or oil pipe lines to be accessible this way. Welcome to the digital age wish people would choose common sense over convenience.

This is a bad idea. Things keep getting added to cars and trucks that I don't want yet have to pay for. At this point, several thousands of dollars worth of this stuff has been added to vehicles that I don't want or need. It seems that justification has become the standard. A clever person can justify anything. That doesn't make it right or justified.
I figure that it is only a matter of time before someone hacks onstar and shuts down every chevy in the country at rush hour.

Resnic
Yeah. I retired my 18 year old van in 2019 and bought a new truck.

The price floored me since that last time I bought a new vehicle was in 1992 and I damned near had a stroke over the price then.

35,000 for a new truck. I damn near fell over. The one in 1992 cost 8,000 and I had a fit over that.

As for that little deal Congress passed. Trump will get rid of it when he's elected in 2024.

Resnic

The price floored me since that last time I bought a new vehicle was in 1992 and I damned near had a stroke over the price then.

35,000 for a new truck. I damn near fell over. The one in 1992 cost 8,000 and I had a fit over that.

As for that little deal Congress passed. Trump will get rid of it when he's elected in 2024.

I paid I think 19,000 for my Corolla in 2004. This new one is 25,000 before the taxes and such and it's still a Corolla.

No dealers near me have hardly an cars on their lots. So there is no summer sales event, no minimum trade in values, no rebates or anything. Every dealership in the tristate area now is pretty much "you pay sticker price or you don't get a car".

I even looked at used cars and a 4 year old used Corolla was only like 5,000 less than a new one.

California Democrats have already called for tracking devices in cars in order to have you pay per mile.
What in God's name makes people through history repeat the same assinine crap over and over to destroy something that is not perfect, but works for a majority of its citizens?

Resnic
When I was looking I looked at Fords, Chevy's and the Toyota Tundra. Hell the Toyota was by far the most expensive.

I finally looked at Dodge and got the best price there. It was December and they were trying to get the 2019's off the lot to make way for the 2020's. It listed for 42 and I got it for 35. I cried a river when I paid for it.

It's a Ram 1500 with 8 cylinders so it pulls my horse trailer no problem. I can also load my horse feed in the back with no problem when I transport it to the stable.

But 35,000 dollars for a vehicle. Good Lord.

Resnic

/——/ But how could you not be aware of the price increases? Do you not read newspaper ads or watch TV? In 20 years you never wandered through a dealership showroom or saw a new car on display at some event?

Forum List

Back