But....armed Americans won't be able to use their guns effectively to stop attackers, you know, except for this guy, and so many others...

Gun owners will adamantly deny it but.........

The Marxist Left is slowly but surely winning the push to diarm Americans. Step by Step.

At some point you folks on the opposing side will have to come up with a better strategy than just screaming about your "Riiiights" as if people will look up from the bleeding dead corpse that was their child and say "Well, I guess this is the price of a strong Second Amendment!"

This guy was shot in the head, losing an eye, and he still managed to draw and return fire on a mass shooter at a party....

As Hunt and other partiers had a bite to eat in the kitchen, the suspect pulled out a gun and began firing on the crowd, sending everyone fleeing, Mendez recounted.

Mendez was shot in the head in front of his wife, who rushed to his side and believed he was dead due to the amount of blood covering his face. She then grabbed their two daughters and put them into a room deeper in the house, barricading them and other children inside.

"She barricaded the door with the dresser. There were three other children in there, not including my two daughters. A total of five kids. She … throws them in the closet, throws clothes over them. Tells them, ‘Be quiet. Do not make a peep if you hear loud noises in this room,’" Mendez said of his wife's actions.

As Hunt continued his alleged rampage, two other women began fighting back against the suspect and screamed for Mendez, knowing he had a concealed carry weapon, Mendez said.

"By the glory of God or the adrenaline and just everything, just the will to live and the will to protect my family, I was able to hear those pleas, those yells for help. I heard my name. And I was able to get up," he said.

He was able to pull out his firearm and shoot the suspect four times in the chest.

"Detectives have determined the individual who shot Jason, and others who fought against Jason, were acting in self-defense and defense of other innocent parties," Sgt. Tommy Hale said in a press release days after the incident, KTAR reported at the time.

He has since purchased two additional handguns for his family to train with, saying they are "more ready to confront [evil] with equal force now than ever."

Mendez family appears in NRA video on the importance of legal gun ownership and protecting yourself.

Mendez family appears in NRA video on the importance of legal gun ownership and protecting yourself. (NRA )
NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre highlighted in comments to Fox News Digital that the Mendez family’s story "must be told because they are just one example of why the NRA fights hard to improve self-defense laws all across our country."
This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy and confirmation bias fallacy.

At some point you folks on the opposing side will have to come up with a better strategy than just screaming about your "Riiiights" as if people will look up from the bleeding dead corpse that was their child and say "Well, I guess this is the price of a strong Second Amendment!"

I know of zero instances where a law abiding gun owner killed a child.
I also know of zero criminals who give a damn what laws you pass or who you took guns from (they will still have them)

At some point you folks on the opposing side will have to come up with a better strategy than just screaming about your "Riiiights" ...
At some point, you folks on the opposing side with have to explain why people should accept the unnecessary and ineffective restrictions you want to lay on the right to keep and bear arms.
as if people will look up from the bleeding dead corpse that was their child and say "Well, I guess this is the price of a strong Second Amendment!"
Rational, reasoned people are not swayed by fallacious appeals to emotion - why are you?

At some point, you folks on the opposing side with have to explain why people should accept the unnecessary and ineffective restrictions you want to lay on the right to keep and bear arms.

If you are unable to understand this point then you will probably wind up losing in the long run.

Rational, reasoned people are not swayed by fallacious appeals to emotion - why are you?

You do seem overly emotional about your guns. That's never a safe way to be. When you find yourself obsessing on something it might not be healthy.

I know of zero instances where a law abiding gun owner killed a child.

I know of zero instances where a law-abiding ANYONE killed a child.

So your point isn't really all that meaningful.

I also know of zero criminals who give a damn what laws you pass or who you took guns from (they will still have them)

Are you of the opinion that we should get rid of all laws? Your reasoning leads to that position.

If you are unable to understand this point ...
I fully understand it
You want to try to remove the "rights " argument from the discussion on gun control, because you know you cannot argue around it, as you try to lay unnecessary and ineffective restrictions on it.
Well, you can't - the right is there, it is protected by the constitution, and you don't get to ignore it.

At some point, you with have to explain why people should accept the unnecessary and ineffective restrictions you want to lay on the right to keep and bear arms -- and you know you cannot.
You do seem overly emotional about your guns.
Says he who knows the only way he can advance his agenda is to sell dead kids.

I know of zero instances where a law-abiding ANYONE killed a child.

So your point isn't really all that meaningful.

Are you of the opinion that we should get rid of all laws? Your reasoning leads to that position.

Is the topic here ALL laws....or are we talking specifically about GUN related laws?
You seem confused.

Also, since you point out that "Law abiding" people don't kill other people.....

Why would you want or need to take guns from them ??

While the 2A side is busy bawling over the rights they lost yesterday......

Doesn't sound like it.

The Marxist are already busy taking more gun "rights" away today.

"Marxists". I'm getting tired of this. Can you guys come up with some other bugbear you can throw around? Why not call us "Luddites" or "Sans Coullottes" or some other stupid unrelated term.

I fully understand it

Doubtful.

You want to try to remove the "rights "

...and here we have it: you don't understand that point.

Says he who knows the only way he can advance his agenda is to sell dead kids.

If you are unable to act like an adult I'm afraid I'll have to stop bothering with you. Please attempt a BIT of civility.

You are WAAY to overemotional about your guns. You scare those of us who have seen equally obsessed angry people do things that we all were saddened by.

No....I don't like agenda driven research.......like all of the anti-gun research coming from you guys...

You guys take a community filled with criminals, drug users, alcoholics and domestic abusers, then say those are normal gun owners...while ignoring the owners of the millions of guns in stable, normal homes........

You are vile.....and, by the way....are you Brain357? Did you change your name? You post just like that idiot did...
Just a reminder what happened just 21 years ago, and was asked for tolerance. Yeah, sure.

Liberal Hypocrisy1.jpg

If you are unable to act like an adult/...
Rational, reasoned adults do not advance their agenda through fallacious appeals to emotion.
Why do you ?
You scare those of us who have seen equally obsessed angry people do things that we all were saddened by.
Your irrational fears are not my problem and do nothing to negate points I made.

Tell us: Why should we accept the unnecessary and ineffective restrictions you seek to lay on the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms?

Last edited:
Rational, reasoned adults do not advance their agenda through fallacious appeals to emotion.
Why do you ?

What "emotions" am I appealing to that you find unacceptable?

Your irrational fears

To be fair, I'm not the one who is sitting here with a bunch of guns around me because I'm terrified of every other American.

are not my problem and do nothing to negate points I made.

You do that for yourself.

Tell us: Why should we accept the unnecessary and ineffective restrictions you seek to lay on the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms?

Because nothing is working right now. Your solutions of "more guns" hasn't resulted in a better outcome.

What "emotions" am I appealing to that you find unacceptable?
Please read more carefully.
To be fair, I'm not the one who is sitting here with a bunch of guns around me because I'm terrified of every other American.
This does not make your fear any less irrational, any less irrelevamt, or any more my problem.
You do that for yourself.
You know you cannot demonstrate this to be true.
Because nothing is working right now.
OK then - please demonstrate that the unnecessary and ineffective restrictions you seek will "work".

Last edited:
Please read more carefully.

This does not make your fear any less irrational, any less irrelevamt, or any more my problem.

You know you cannot demonstrate this to be true.

OK then - please demonstrate that the unnecessary and ineffective restrictions you seek will "work".

I wish you weren't so hyper emotional about all this. It is kind of unsettling that someone who loves guns gets so bent at anyone who so much as looks at them.

You need to take a rest.

I wish you weren't so hyper emotional about all this.
Nothing I have posted could, with any degree of intellectual honesty, be described as emotional, in any way.

Now, to get back to the topics you'd obviously rather avoid:
-Why are you swayed by fallacious appeals to emotion?
-Please demonstrate that the unnecessary and ineffective restrictions you seek will "work".

Well?

Forum List

Back