But....armed Americans won't be able to use their guns effectively to stop attackers, you know, except for this guy, and so many others...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This guy was shot in the head, losing an eye, and he still managed to draw and return fire on a mass shooter at a party....

As Hunt and other partiers had a bite to eat in the kitchen, the suspect pulled out a gun and began firing on the crowd, sending everyone fleeing, Mendez recounted.

Mendez was shot in the head in front of his wife, who rushed to his side and believed he was dead due to the amount of blood covering his face. She then grabbed their two daughters and put them into a room deeper in the house, barricading them and other children inside.

"She barricaded the door with the dresser. There were three other children in there, not including my two daughters. A total of five kids. She … throws them in the closet, throws clothes over them. Tells them, ‘Be quiet. Do not make a peep if you hear loud noises in this room,’" Mendez said of his wife's actions.

As Hunt continued his alleged rampage, two other women began fighting back against the suspect and screamed for Mendez, knowing he had a concealed carry weapon, Mendez said.

"By the glory of God or the adrenaline and just everything, just the will to live and the will to protect my family, I was able to hear those pleas, those yells for help. I heard my name. And I was able to get up," he said.

He was able to pull out his firearm and shoot the suspect four times in the chest.

"Detectives have determined the individual who shot Jason, and others who fought against Jason, were acting in self-defense and defense of other innocent parties," Sgt. Tommy Hale said in a press release days after the incident, KTAR reported at the time.

He has since purchased two additional handguns for his family to train with, saying they are "more ready to confront [evil] with equal force now than ever."

Mendez family appears in NRA video on the importance of legal gun ownership and protecting yourself.

Mendez family appears in NRA video on the importance of legal gun ownership and protecting yourself. (NRA )
NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre highlighted in comments to Fox News Digital that the Mendez family’s story "must be told because they are just one example of why the NRA fights hard to improve self-defense laws all across our country."

Last edited:
Bravo to that man!
It's exactly the type of incident the left doesn't want highlighted or known because it shatters a key gun control lie that good guys with guns don't stop bad guys.
The lefty males buy that argument because the idea of defending themselves from a pre-teen girl with a stick sends them into cold sweats in a fetal position & don't believe can't fathom that not everyone else is a coward as well

This guy was shot in the head, losing an eye, and he still managed to draw and return fire on a mass shooter at a party....

As Hunt and other partiers had a bite to eat in the kitchen, the suspect pulled out a gun and began firing on the crowd, sending everyone fleeing, Mendez recounted.

Mendez was shot in the head in front of his wife, who rushed to his side and believed he was dead due to the amount of blood covering his face. She then grabbed their two daughters and put them into a room deeper in the house, barricading them and other children inside.

"She barricaded the door with the dresser. There were three other children in there, not including my two daughters. A total of five kids. She … throws them in the closet, throws clothes over them. Tells them, ‘Be quiet. Do not make a peep if you hear loud noises in this room,’" Mendez said of his wife's actions.

As Hunt continued his alleged rampage, two other women began fighting back against the suspect and screamed for Mendez, knowing he had a concealed carry weapon, Mendez said.

"By the glory of God or the adrenaline and just everything, just the will to live and the will to protect my family, I was able to hear those pleas, those yells for help. I heard my name. And I was able to get up," he said.

He was able to pull out his firearm and shoot the suspect four times in the chest.

"Detectives have determined the individual who shot Jason, and others who fought against Jason, were acting in self-defense and defense of other innocent parties," Sgt. Tommy Hale said in a press release days after the incident, KTAR reported at the time.

He has since purchased two additional handguns for his family to train with, saying they are "more ready to confront [evil] with equal force now than ever."

Mendez family appears in NRA video on the importance of legal gun ownership and protecting yourself.

Mendez family appears in NRA video on the importance of legal gun ownership and protecting yourself. (NRA )
NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre highlighted in comments to Fox News Digital that the Mendez family’s story "must be told because they are just one example of why the NRA fights hard to improve self-defense laws all across our country."

Thanks to Visa, Mastercard and American Express there will in the future be fewer armed citizens capable of fighting back.

Yeah, but you wouldn't be able to, no matter how much you fantasize it.

The odds are more likely that someone in your immediate family who shares the house with you and your guns are FAR more likely to be hurt with them than some "intruder" or "vicious attacker".

Sure, you COULD, possibly, in some rare scenario become a hero. But odds are better that you won't.

The odds are more likely that someone in your immediate family who shares the house with you and your guns are FAR more likely to be hurt with them than some "intruder" or "vicious attacker".

Sure, you COULD, possibly, in some rare scenario become a hero. But odds are better that you won't.
Lol liar. The op proves it. Lol, you must like looking stupid.

Wrong, that is a lie.......the people getting shot in their homes are living with criminals, alcoholics, drug addicts or violent abusers...they are not normal people.......

It does not matter how many times you repeat this lie, it remains a lie.

Sorry but it isn't a lie.

You are free to believe otherwise, but you have no actual data to support your contention. And while you clearly don't like the data I have available, it is real so you have to figure out a way to debate against the experts.

Wrong, that is a lie.......the people getting shot in their homes are living with criminals, alcoholics, drug addicts or violent abusers...they are not normal people.......

As you like. Of course you can't prove your position but I can mine.

And I did so in Post #12.

Sorry but it isn't a lie.

You are free to believe otherwise, but you have no actual data to support your contention. And while you clearly don't like the data I have available, it is real so you have to figure out a way to debate against the experts.
You're a filthy liar.

Thank God for the second . Remember to vote Democrats out of office , if they get their way this whole family would most likely be dead, and the murderer our on bail.

Would it be possible to discuss this topic in a way in which you don't end up characterizing more than half of the US population as being "pro-murder"? And if you wish to pursue the "pro-murder" crowd, it is probably best to look at where the "murder-making machines" are concentrated. That would be your side of the debate.

The people holding all the guns which are used to kill little kids and theater goers are in NO POSITION to look at the people who want those guns to be gone and say THEY are the cause for the murder.

Would it be possible to discuss this topic in a way in which you don't end up characterizing more than half of the US population as being "pro-murder"? And if you wish to pursue the "pro-murder" crowd, it is probably best to look at where the "murder-making machines" are concentrated. That would be your side of the debate.

The people holding all the guns which are used to kill little kids and theater goers are in NO POSITION to look at the people who want those guns to be gone and say THEY are the cause for the murder.
Break in my house liar.

What you dont get is that most of us dont want to be heroes. We just don't want to be caught like a sitting duck by one of these people. I carry everyday but there is no way I want to be put in the position to be a "hero"

Forum List

Back