Business owners: How much sale$$ are you losing, since housing rents skyrocketed ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
I was a business owner for 10 years. I was always constantly aware of how much people in my sales area were spending on other things. The more they had to spend on those things, the less money they had to buy from me.

Now, we're seeing housing rents jump to levels that nobody has ever seen or even imagined before. A 1 bedroom apartment that was $600/mo, 6 month ago, is now $1200/mo. Another went from $600 to $1800.
Others are well over $2000/mo from being $700/mo not long ago. This must be killing car sales, appliances, furniture, musical instruments, sporting goods, etc.

Glad I'm retired.

I was a business owner for 10 years. I was always constantly aware of how much people in my sales area were spending on other things. The more they had to spend on those things, the less money they had to buy from me.

Now, we're seeing housing rents jump to levels that nobody has ever seen or even imagined before. A 1 bedroom apartment that was $600/mo, 6 month ago, is now $1200/mo. Another went from $600 to $1800.
Others are well over $2000/mo from being $700/mo not long ago. This must be killing car sales, appliances, furniture, musical instruments, sporting goods, etc.

Glad I'm retired.

People who collect rents never spend on anything.

People who collect rents never spend on anything.
Title says "Business owners". I would have made it "Business owners OTHER THAN LANDLORDS" except that would have been too long.

Only way that landlords are involved in this thread, is as the CAUSE of all the shortening of business sales.

Nobody should be spending on non essentials ever. Even if they can afford them. Those businesses aren't necessary.

Nobody should be spending on non essentials ever. Even if they can afford them. Those businesses aren't necessary.

well that is just stupid. Some of us like to have a little fun and luxury in our lives. There is very little that is actually essential. Actually now that I think about it, a computer to log on to forums is not essential, why are you here?

New Topics

Forum List

Back