Bush Truth Commission Petition (sign it)

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Take Action: Support a Truth & Reconciliation Commission

103,000 have already signed.

I have proposed the idea of a truth and reconciliation commission to investigate abuses during the Bush-Cheney Administration -- so they never happen again. These abuses may include the use of torture, warrantless wiretapping, extraordinary rendition, and executive override of laws.

Please sign this online petition, urging Congress to consider establishing a truth and reconciliation commission to investigate the Bush-Cheney Administration's abuses.

Thank you,

Patrick Leahy
U.S. Senator

Not another impotent fact finding Commission that has no subpoena power.
I agree with those who say to take some time, let more information keep coming out, and there is a lot more.
Holder will be forced to appoint a Special Prosecutor (if he hasn't already decided he must, and is letting the tide rise first).
He'd be smart to pick an honest Republican with clean reputation US Attorney who will follow the evidence like a tracker and, if there is an indictment, will move in for the kill, so to speak.
A Commission will be a bi-partisan 6 month squabble and posture fest.
A Special Prosecutor will be an independent US Attorney who will be required by law to say very little, but just follows the evidence. We know there is evidence that crimes were committed.
It would be the quickest set of indictments in US political history.

103 thousand,, out of 350 million.. worse than the tea party innit? :eusa_whistle:

splat!

I have proposed the idea of a truth and reconciliation commission to investigate abuses during the Bush-Cheney Administration -- so they never happen again. These abuses may include the use of torture, warrantless wiretapping, extraordinary rendition, and executive override of laws.

Please sign this online petition, urging Congress to consider establishing a truth and reconciliation commission to investigate the Bush-Cheney Administration's abuses.

Thank you,

Patrick Leahy
U.S. Senator

Would that be the same Democrat Senator Patrick Leahy who makes a habit of divulging top secret US intelligence?

"In July 1987, it was reported that Leahy leaked secret information about a 1986 covert operation planned by the Reagan administration to topple Libya's Moammar Gaddhafi. US intelligence officials stated that Leahy sent a written threat to expose the operation directly to then-CIA Director William Casey. Weeks later, news of the secret plan turned up in the Washington Post, causing it to be aborted.

A year later, as the Senate was preparing to hold hearings on the Iran-Contra scandal, Leahy had to resign his Intelligence Committee post after he was caught leaking secret information to a reporter. The Vermont Democrat's Iran-Contra leak was considered to be one of the most serious breaches of secrecy in the committee's 28-year history."
Sen. Patrick "Leaky" Leahy to Investigate Top Secret Interrogations - Politics - News : Lincoln Tribune : Instant, reliable and credible local news.

Another bonehead move by SealyMattress-Boy.

Uh,oh, does this mean another neg rep?

Thank you,

Patrick Leahy
U.S. Senator

Yet another waste of time and taxpayers money, it's what "your party" does best...............:eusa_whistle:

Thank you,

Patrick Leahy
U.S. Senator

Fuck a commission. That's the surest way to ensure no one is held to account (e.g. Iran Contra)

I want prosecutors, grand juries, judges, and trial juries.

Thank you,

Patrick Leahy
U.S. Senator

Fuck a commission. That's the surest way to ensure no one is held to account (e.g. Iran Contra)

exactly.as proven with history,anytime you have a COMMISSION investigate something,there is nothing but lies and coverup-the warren commission,the 9/11 commission prime and best known examples.There needs to be a CITIZENS investigation for any justice to be done.

Last edited:

Thank you,

Patrick Leahy
U.S. Senator

exactly.as proven with history,anytime you have a COMMISSION investigate something,there is nothing but lies and coverup-the warren commission,the 9/11 commission prime and best known examples.There needs to be a CITIZENS investigation for any justice to be done.

What are you doing out of your padded cell?

*kicks him back into the conspiracy room*

Thank you,

Patrick Leahy
U.S. Senator

what we need is a grand jury.

Ha, so we find out they tortured people, just make me happier that we had a presidency with the balls to do what the current administration could never do to defend our country. I'm not signing any stupid petitions, its all political anyway, so it really all rests in the democrats to political motive to do it, regardless of what your petition says.

I signed it only because I know it's going nowhere. And who is that cadaver they have speaking in the video? Creepy.

Forum List

Back