Bush Seeks To Exploit Media To His Advantage In Iraq

President Bush doesn't have to stir up the people about the press..
I've been sick of them for a long time, all on my itty bitty own...
More :bs1:, and sour grapes, because they've been getting an ear full about their latest betrayal of the people in the United States...

Screw these papers...
Call, write, CANCEL..
Hit them where it hurts, in the wallet..

Psychoblues said:
President Bush rallied Republicans with another attack on the media last night, in remarks that highlighted efforts at the White House and on Capitol Hill to gain momentum from recent disclosures about classified programs to fight terrorism.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/28/AR2006062802180.html

Just thought you would like to know.

Psychoblues
Well darn...good thing you are keeping up with this stuff for us!

I guess it doesn't occur to you that the President and others just might have a point. Of course it doesn't....you would rather see the President put in the worst possible light, even if it means the terrorists receive classified information.

I am glad that you are no longer in the military; you would probably be giving secrets to the enemy for free just to express your displeasure with the current administration.

I served honorably, CSM, and in my civilian life I still do. Your innuendo is uncalled for and only serves to typify your ignorance and covert anti-American attitude. I wish that I could portray this President in the most American and best of light. He hasn't earned any of that from me and until he does he won't get any of that from me.

I mistakenly voted for his daddy. I almost mistakenly voted for the son. But with all my years of political, military and civic involvement I realized the man was a lying jerk that didn't deserve my vote. Al Gore wasn't much better but given the choice I did like most Americans did in that year, I voted for Al Gore.

Psychoblues

CSM said:
Well darn...good thing you are keeping up with this stuff for us!

I guess it doesn't occur to you that the President and others just might have a point. Of course it doesn't....you would rather see the President put in the worst possible light, even if it means the terrorists receive classified information.

I am glad that you are no longer in the military; you would probably be giving secrets to the enemy for free just to express your displeasure with the current administration.

I served honorably, CSM, and in my civilian life I still do. Your innuendo is uncalled for and only serves to typify your ignorance and covert anti-American attitude. I wish that I could portray this President in the most American and best of light. He hasn't earned any of that from me and until he does he won't get any of that from me.

Lets try this again.

Merriam Webster said:
Main Entry: in·nu·en·do
Pronunciation: "in-y&-'wen-(")dO
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -dos or -does
Etymology: Latin, by nodding, from innuere to nod to, make a sign to, from in- + nuere to nod; akin to Latin nutare to nod -- more at NUMEN
1 a : an oblique allusion : HINT, INSINUATION; especially : a veiled or equivocal reflection on character or reputation b : the use of such allusions <resorting to innuendo>
2 : a parenthetical explanation introduced into the text of a legal document

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/innuendo

Well, I don't see a parenthetical explanation introduced into the text of a legal document anywhere in CSM's post. Neither do I see anything that could be considered 'oblique,' 'veiled,' or a 'hint.' All of those words imply subtlety. CSM was about as subtle as a freight train.

This is innuendo, for example:

Psycho, I am more and more stricken with the idea that you probably look to Benedict Arnold as a role model.

Not *that* subtle, I'll admit, but you get the idea.

And I seriously doubt you ever considered voting for Bush Jr. I do believe, though, that you probably voted for Bush Sr., considering who he was running against.

Let's try this innuendo.

Hobbitt, when did you stop eating shit?

Psychoblues

Hobbit said:
Lets try this again.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/innuendo

Well, I don't see a parenthetical explanation introduced into the text of a legal document anywhere in CSM's post. Neither do I see anything that could be considered 'oblique,' 'veiled,' or a 'hint.' All of those words imply subtlety. CSM was about as subtle as a freight train.

This is innuendo, for example:

Psycho, I am more and more stricken with the idea that you probably look to Benedict Arnold as a role model.

Not *that* subtle, I'll admit, but you get the idea.

And I seriously doubt you ever considered voting for Bush Jr. I do believe, though, that you probably voted for Bush Sr., considering who he was running against.

Psychoblues said:
Let's try this innuendo.

Hobbitt, when did you stop eating shit?

Psychoblues

Once again, about as subtle as a freight train. Nothing oblique about it. Your grasp of the English language seems to be about as keen as your grasp on reality. (Now THAT was innuendo)

Allow me to put this another way, Hobbit.

For how long have you been eating shit?

Psychoblues

Hobbit said:
Once again, about as subtle as a freight train. Nothing oblique about it. Your grasp of the English language seems to be about as keen as your grasp on reality. (Now THAT was innuendo)

Psychoblues said:

I mistakenly voted for his daddy. I almost mistakenly voted for the son. But with all my years of political, military and civic involvement I realized the man was a lying jerk that didn't deserve my vote. Al Gore wasn't much better but given the choice I did like most Americans did in that year, I voted for Al Gore.

Psychoblues

You got some nerve calling ANYONE anti-American when you pretty-much hate everything this Nation stands for, and rant about it continually.

Psychoblues said:
Allow me to put this another way, Hobbit.

For how long have you been eating shit?

Psychoblues

Changing the words around doesn't make it innuendo. Making it subtle makes it innuendo. No matter how you change around the words, the rather pathetic above attempt at a pathetic insult is still less subtle than a daylight fire bombing.

And we see this"shit"from the left on an everyday basis.

I can't say I'm surprised in the least little bit.

Psyhco, the poster child for the left, how pathetic is that?

Psycho is no "poster child of the left" , trobinett. Psycho (blues) does stand on his own and can truthfully acknowledge personal support for Republican and Democratic ideals. I've talked about this often here on USMB (United States Message Board) and I've never denied my support of Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan or George H.W. Bush. Shit happens.

By the way, just what would you compare the taste of "shit" to? Is it like chicken or more like crawfish or crab?

trobinett said:
And we see this"shit"from the left on an everyday basis.

I can't say I'm surprised in the least little bit.

Psyhco, the poster child for the left, how pathetic is that?

Psychoblues said:
Psycho is no "poster child of the left" , trobinett. Psycho (blues) does stand on his own and can truthfully acknowledge personal support for Republican and Democratic ideals. I've talked about this often here on USMB (United States Message Board) and I've never denied my support of Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan or George H.W. Bush. Shit happens.

By the way, just what would you compare the taste of "shit" to? Is it like chicken or more like crawfish or crab?

I'm sure I wouldn't know, but possibly an expert like yourself could enlighten us all, but then :gives: :dunno:

Forum List

Back