Bush’s Record on VA Funding

Soooo it's not important enough for congress to help Veterans or for republicans to help disabled Veterans by correcting the beauracracy boon doggle and Fund more doctors and medical facilities.....

But it is important enough for republicans to bash and disgrace and air our dirty laundry before the world..... before the veterans in need to make them feel like shit???? INSTEAD of actually doing their jobs and funding the medical needs of the vets???

I'm sorry but you on the rightwing....are deranged sick puppies.....imo.

It's not funding......
Funding for VA went up under Bush and Obama.
This is not a throw money at it and forget it problem, that has been the problem.....

Soooo it's not important enough for congress to help Veterans or for republicans to help disabled Veterans by correcting the beauracracy boon doggle and Fund more doctors and medical facilities.....

But it is important enough for republicans to bash and disgrace and air our dirty laundry before the world..... before the veterans in need to make them feel like shit???? INSTEAD of actually doing their jobs and funding the medical needs of the vets???

It's not funding......
This is not a throw money at it and forget it problem, that has been the problem.....

Then what do you think will fix it Ollie? And who do you think should head up the VA to execute for what should be 'above and beyond' what is just 'necessary'?

I do think much more money will be needed as well though.... so I differ with you on that.....there are just so many more vets and disabled vets now.....with lifetime ailments....

Last edited:
And adding them to the already over burdened "private" system may not improve things for them now either....not with millions of civilians being added to the health care system....as we speak....though maybe some of them can be added to the private system perhaps, like those with less serious conditions....

Plus...the Vets should have special care and special attention by special surgeons, especially those with severe injuries from war....

And I must say, my husband is a disabled vet and loves his care here at the Va in Maine...he has Health insurance as well in the private sector so could go to any doctor he wants to go to..... but CHOOSES to go to the VA, like clockwork, every 3 months to see his doctor....

Service and care is not crappy in every VA Hospital/ Va Medical Clinic....but those that are over crowded with 10's of thousands of Vets to service and care for, are in a world of do do....

It's not funding......

Then what do you think will fix it Ollie? And who do you think should head up the VA to execute for what should be 'above and beyond' what is just 'necessary'?

I do think much more money will be needed as well though.... so I differ with you on that.....there are just so many more vets and disabled vets now.....with lifetime ailments....

I wished i had a solution Care. I really do, but unless you've been involved in some of the stuff that VA puts people through, you just can't understand. I used to put in volunteer hours at our local clinic before i had to start staying at home with Mrs o more. She needs me more than they do... I didn't do anything on the computers or scheduling, mostly made coffee and helped fill out some of the simple forms. But I saw some people almost in tears because they hadn't seen a doctor again.... Of course i know quite a few that think our clinic is the greatest thing since sliced bread....

Honestly I think most of the problems are the standard government red tape. And I don't see that getting better...

How to fix it? I really don't know, but again, just throwing money at it won't do it.....

How many years did the Bush administration have to prepare for the inevitable massive increases in the need for VA services? Six? Seven?

And remember over the years all of the talk about how costly the disastrous blunder of Iraq was going to be? And people like myself used to tell you people about the longterm costs for veteran's care? And people like you used to blah blah blah not true no big deal?

Well, we told you so.

Keep looking backwards.
Maybe you'll see your boyfriend behind you.

How many years ago did Obama tell us about the VA's problems?
How many years has he had to solve any of them?
What has he done?

Forum List

Back