Bush out of touch with reality

• Banned
"A lot of Americans want to know, you know, when?" he said at a Rose Garden news conference Thursday. "When are you going to win?"

Also in that session, Bush said: "I recognize there are a handful there, or some, who just say, `Get out, you know, it's just not worth it. Let's just leave.' I strongly disagree with that attitude. Most Americans do as well."

In fact, polls show Americans do not disagree, and that leaving — not winning — is their main goal.

In one released Friday by CBS and the New York Times, 63 percent supported a troop withdrawal timetable of sometime next year. Another earlier this month from USA Today and Gallup found 59 percent backing a withdrawal deadline that the U.S. should stick to no matter what's happening in Iraq.

http://tinyurl.com/2cedeb

"A lot of Americans want to know, you know, when?" he said at a Rose Garden news conference Thursday. "When are you going to win?"

Also in that session, Bush said: "I recognize there are a handful there, or some, who just say, `Get out, you know, it's just not worth it. Let's just leave.' I strongly disagree with that attitude. Most Americans do as well."

In fact, polls show Americans do not disagree, and that leaving — not winning — is their main goal.

In one released Friday by CBS and the New York Times, 63 percent supported a troop withdrawal timetable of sometime next year. Another earlier this month from USA Today and Gallup found 59 percent backing a withdrawal deadline that the U.S. should stick to no matter what's happening in Iraq.

http://tinyurl.com/2cedeb

Let me try this again ...

STOP double-posting your links. You can do all this in ONE (count 'em) post. Post the excerpts from the article in quotes, link it, then provide your editorial.

Now we can get on to the fact that nobody but your fellow libs are going to buy ANY poll from CBS and/or the NYT.

• Banned
Gunny you told me to post a link in each post where I quote it.

What possible harm does this do and it makes it MUCH easier to check the link?

Gunny you told me to post a link in each post where I quote it.

What possible harm does this do and it makes it MUCH easier to check the link?

How about because it's basically spamming and driving your post count higher? Not to mention putting links all over the place, most of which are Wiki's?

• Banned
So Gunny what is it Im not supposed to do?

Not post a link in my first post ,or I need to quote it if I put the link in or I am only supposed to put the link in one time a thread.

Im really not sure what it is you would like me to do from now on.

dumbass-293x184.jpg

That posted above

Not post a link in my first post ,or I need to quote it if I put the link in or I am only supposed to put the link in one time a thread.

Now that the pissing and moaning about TM's posting patterns is done, can we get to the issue?

Bush is out of touch with reality, and it seems that he's looking for a pair of ruby slippers so he can get his wish. Face it, If he'd just kept his eye on the real enemy, instead of working out his chubby for Saddam Hussein things would be much different at this point.

Instead, Osama bin Laden and most of the perpetrators of 9/11 remain free and at large, poisoning the world with their venom...Acts of terror around the world are increasing...Our troops, instead of having captured or killed OBL and his playmates, a caught in the middle of a civil war that is becoming a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia...Which, if it becomes open war, $3.50 - $4.00 per gallon of gas will be but a fond memory.

Continiuosly claiming that Iraq is in a civil War doesn't make it true, any more than claiming "States Rights" is code for segregation. The events in Iraq point to the fact that there will be no civil war. There is no major uprising of either side against the other. And in fact fighting is contained to just 3 provinces for the most part, and one of them has had the civilians decide enough is enough. They are working with the Government and the Americans to run out the terrorists and supposed "resistance" fighters. Baghdad also is showing improvement with the surge that everyone was howling wouldn't work ( shortly before that these same people were howling we NEEDED more troops on the ground)

How many times do I need to explain this to you? The most common way of doing it is:

Use the article title as your subject line.

Post the first paragraph or two of the article, block it and hit the quote icon.

Post the link directly below that.

Post your comments concerning the article below the link.

It can ALL be done in one post. Trust me on this.

Now that the pissing and moaning about TM's posting patterns is done, can we get to the issue?

Bush is out of touch with reality, and it seems that he's looking for a pair of ruby slippers so he can get his wish. Face it, If he'd just kept his eye on the real enemy, instead of working out his chubby for Saddam Hussein things would be much different at this point.

Instead, Osama bin Laden and most of the perpetrators of 9/11 remain free and at large, poisoning the world with their venom...Acts of terror around the world are increasing...Our troops, instead of having captured or killed OBL and his playmates, a caught in the middle of a civil war that is becoming a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia...Which, if it becomes open war, $3.50 - $4.00 per gallon of gas will be but a fond memory.

That's some REAL nice unsubstantiated, partisan editorializing.;)

New Topics

Forum List

Back