Bush 171 - Obama 15

Federal Eye - Obama issues 15 recess appointments

Once again, Republicans are freaking out that Obama is having his appointments passed while congress it on vacation. Calling it "dirty tactics" and "unfair" and "sneaky".

Something they did 171 times during the time Bush was president.

You have got to stop complaining about stuff you had no problem with when you were doing it.

strangely enough, i agree with you.

of course, i'm not a republican, but i had problems with a lot of stuff bush did that, again, strangely enough, obama continues to do.

hope and change, babe, hope and change.

:rofl:

Federal Eye - Obama issues 15 recess appointments

Once again, Republicans are freaking out that Obama is having his appointments passed while congress it on vacation. Calling it "dirty tactics" and "unfair" and "sneaky".

Something they did 171 times during the time Bush was president.

You have got to stop complaining about stuff you had no problem with when you were doing it.

I have no problem with this. Recess appointments are constitutional. This nothing but the President doing his job. Why republicans are crying about this, I'll never know.

I don't see the issue. Its a power given to the President in the Constitution.

I am dissapointed its come to this though. Seems like not that long ago Republicans were demanding up and down votes on appointees and railing on about how unfair and mean it was to deny such a vote.

I don't see the issue. Its a power given to the President in the Constitution.

I am dissapointed its come to this though. Seems like not that long ago Republicans were demanding up and down votes on appointees and railing on about how unfair and mean it was to deny such a vote.

It's not an issue. The right wingers simply ran out of things to whine about, so they ignore their own hypocrisy and run with this...

I would be fine with it, as pointed out it is a power of the president and they all use them.
But I thought Obama had problems with it?
‘Obama’s Recess Threat’ The Washington Independent

But by this point mentioning that Obama opposed policies he now champions happens so often no one cares.
The biggest hypocrite on the planet, Barack Hussein Obama.

That's actually my problem with it too. Not that he did it but that he said he wouldn't use these tactics. Just once, I'd like him to act like the 'Mr Clean' he said he was.

Oh, and rdean - with his usual lack of intellect - compares 8 years of Bush (171 appointees) with 18 months of Obama (15 appointees). As always, rdean manages to demonstrate his partisan hackery. Just sayin'.

Oh, and rdean - with his usual lack of intellect - compares 8 years of Bush (171 appointees) with 18 months of Obama (15 appointees). As always, rdean manages to demonstrate his partisan hackery. Just sayin'.
do the math, honey.

Obama...less than one a month.

Bush... nearly two a month

duh

Shhhhhhhh......you are not allowed to talk about Bush. They are being hypocritical again. They apparently were FOR recess appointments before they were against them.

The only thing I care about is how much is it going to cost ME.

Give me lower taxes and less spending. Everything else is minutia.

Forum List

Back