Bucs-Cowboys opener begins with Black national anthem

The Black national anthem was played ahead of the NFL’s first game of the season between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday night.

The NBC broadcast played a video of Alicia Keys singing "Lift Every Voice and Sing" while the Florida A&M University Concert Choir joined in from Raymond James Stadium. Players from both teams stood in their respective end zones and locked arms to show unity ahead of the game.

Lift Every Voice and Sing" was played before the start of Week 1 games during the 2020 NFL season, and Front Office Sports reported in July the NFL planned to make the song a "prominent part of big league events."

The national anthem is usually only heard before early-season games or some primetime games, the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft. "Lift Every Voice and Sing" was played before Super Bowl LV and the draft in April.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

That is one of the reasons I stopped watching professional football and basketball. When they go political, go “woke”; I go away.

We understand - This would be infinitely preferable as a game opener to most Trumpublicans. ;)

We humans are very flexible.

We have no choice.

For example, we now accept the fact that many companies answer your telephone call in either English (press 1) or Spanish (press 2).

In the future, maybe press 3 for Arabic.

So the same goes for athletic events.

Besides the National Anthem, one will have to listen to the Black National Anthem. And then maybe the Hispanic National Anthem very soon.

Everything is becoming such a farce that the only thing one can do in order to keep one's sanity is to gently chuckle to oneself.

The system is what the Progs created. They have poured untold trillions into this. And have increased taxes over and over in all ways to help fund it with deficits and impoverishing other people the result. Perhaps it could have been done in another way. And it is not being allowed to be tried. And that is not the Republicans fault.
Which way would you like to try?

Here comes windbag tory with his "I know everything" attitude.
Perhaps tory should read what was written.
Clearly the Anthem is played before EVERY game, what the poster said was that it was heard, (Meaning commercials are played on TV during the Live Anthem played at the stadium).

I'm waiting for you to admit your mistake.

I'll be waiting forever after I hear your attacking denial and insults.
LLLLLOOOOLOOLLLLLOOOL.
Ok, my mistake was believing a fucking dumbass like you was literate. I am sure the people in the stadium heard the national anthem. The other poster wasn't talking about specifically TV.

Last edited:
Exactly what I said.
So to clarify.
You think the OP was saying that the National Anthem is not played before every game.
Because you said “Are you nuts? I have never attended a single NFL game where the National Anthem was not played.”

I live 15 minutes from Jerry world and have never even been in the stadium. Why would I go watch felons and convicts, especially with the not-so-subtle undertones of worshipping black cock....

I love me some college football though..... you get to see this at every game this year:

So to clarify.
You think the OP was saying that the National Anthem is not played before every game.
Because you said “Are you nuts? I have never attended a single NFL game where the National Anthem was not played.”
First you stupid cockbiter, it was not the OP I quoted.

Second, here is to what I quoted:

The Purge said:
"The national anthem is usually only heard before early-season games or some primetime games, the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft. "Lift Every Voice and Sing" was played before Super Bowl LV and the draft in April.

Now, what part of that did you not understand?

You really should quit posting and go diddle yourself because that is probably the only satisfaction you will find.

Last edited:
Are you nuts? I have never attended a single NFL game where the National Anthem was not played!

First you stupid cockbiter, it was not the OP I quoted.

Second, here is to what I quoted:

The Purge said:
"The national anthem is usually only heard before early-season games or some primetime games, the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft. "Lift Every Voice and Sing" was played before Super Bowl LV and the draft in April.

You really should quit posting and go diddle yourself because that is probably the only satisfaction you will find.
it was not the OP I quoted.
Sure it was, you were post #2, who else were you responding too?

I understand that you are not man enough to just simply admit you were wrong, and you continue to double down, just like 45.

I live 15 minutes from Jerry world and have never even been in the stadium. Why would I go watch felons and convicts, especially with the not-so-subtle undertones of worshipping black cock....

I love me some college football though..... you get to see this at every game this year:

That really was not that significant. That is the student section in the video. I was at that game sitting on the home team side (the left of the photo) near midfield and never heard a sound.

Had a stadium event staffer heard them, they would have been removed.

I agree with the concept, as I personally despise the man, but someone is trying to depict this as a major occurrence. It was not!
it was not the OP I quoted.
Sure it was, you were post #2, who else were you responding too?

I understand that you are not man enough to just simply admit you were wrong, and you continue to double down, just like 45.
Listen you imbecile, you responded t the wrong fucking post!

Respond to the correct post and maybe I will answer it.

No it’s not political propaganda. You are too small minded to even try to understand what this whole movement is about. You hear one oppositional side and then repeat their talking points in the most ignorant and inarticulate way possible. Go back and reread that post I was talk about and tell me you’re proud of your words.., here I’ll even paste it for you.

horselightning said:
blciks are racist and teroristr now all lead by marxist blm . if you dont apprefciate americAn and its freedoms leave with you r ungreatfull asses.
you are two stupied to get what im talking about. bully.

And you foster an anti-white agenda from your brother blacks!
the american national anthem is everyones anthem in this country,. the one they played is for black supperiorty. if they hate america tell them to leave and make better country. people are tired of this whole blm black suppertiortiy shit.

Forum List

Back