Bucket List Guitars

GMCGeneral

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2020
For me to know and you not to find out.
Bucket List #1.png
Bucket List #2.png

For all you playaz out there. What is your "dream" or "Bucket list" ultimate instrument for you? For me, it's two. Only because I want it both in fretted and fretless. I was able to use Fender's Mod Shop builder to give me a vision of what I wanted, which is both a Precision with the added J pickup and fretless Jazz Bass, both in Antigua, and both with Rosewood boards. The Jazz is the Fretless.

A 1939 Martin D-41 would be nice, but they're prohibitively expensive.

Actually, for me, a Martin D-18 is the quintessential acoustic guitar.

I've got my '62 Strat (same vintage as me). I never really play it these days, thought, but even unplugged it sounds great...

View attachment 514303View attachment 514304
For all you playaz out there. What is your "dream" or "Bucket list" ultimate instrument for you? For me, it's two. Only because I want it both in fretted and fretless. I was able to use Fender's Mod Shop builder to give me a vision of what I wanted, which is both a Precision with the added J pickup and fretless Jazz Bass, both in Antigua, and both with Rosewood boards. The Jazz is the Fretless.
I had a Precision it was great for bar fights that would spill onto the stage!

A friend of mine owns a high-end pawn shop and recently took in a 1936 Martin D-18.

The guitar was not treated well, as the bridge is screwed to the guitar top (should be hide glue) and there are two unaddressed cracks on the top. They don't seem to go all the way through, but they really need to be cleated to truly stem any progression. That being said, he's wholesaling it at $25,000. With about $5,000 worth of restoration it could realize a sale price of about $40,000. Only 268 of them were made. The last one which sold, which was listed in "good" condition (much playing wear, pick scratches, etc) sold for $62,000.

I'm considering it. I've got a friend in Canada who's one of the foremost vintage Martin experts on the planet. If he says he can restore it, I'm probably gonna' go for it...

A friend of mine owns a high-end pawn shop and recently took in a 1936 Martin D-18.

The guitar was not treated well, as the bridge is screwed to the guitar top (should be hide glue) and there are two unaddressed cracks on the top. They don't seem to go all the way through, but they really need to be cleated to truly stem any progression. That being said, he's wholesaling it at $25,000. With about $5,000 worth of restoration it could realize a sale price of about $40,000. Only 268 of them were made. The last one which sold, which was listed in "good" condition (much playing wear, pick scratches, etc) sold for $62,000.

I'm considering it. I've got a friend in Canada who's one of the foremost vintage Martin experts on the planet. If he says he can restore it, I'm probably gonna' go for it...
I was visiting the GC in Cherry Hill, NJ back in 2015 and they had a MINT 1968 Jazz Bass, complete with the ashtray covers and full nickel plating on the tuning machines. They were asking $6,000 for it.

Forum List

Back