Brown Backs Out of Last Senate Debate

BROWN BACKS OUT OF DEBATE — Sen. Scott Brown said late Monday he would not participate in the fourth and final Massachusetts Senate debate Tuesday night with Elizabeth Warren “out of concern for the hardship faced by the people in the path of Hurricane Sandy.” “It is simply not appropriate to go forward with a political debate when disaster strikes,” said Brown spokesman Colin Reed in a statement. Even before the announcement, the consortium of Boston media outlets warned of a possible postponement due to Sandy. Brown’s decision comes as a surprising new Boston Globe survey finds the incumbent pulling back into a dead heat with his Democratic rival. But Brown’s campaign declined to comment on the poll and other Republicans dourly noted that it’s an outlier compared to other surveys showing Warren with an advantage.

Read more: Senate 5: Citing Sandy, Brown exits debate - David Catanese and Scott Wong - POLITICO.com

BROWN BACKS OUT OF DEBATE — Sen. Scott Brown said late Monday he would not participate in the fourth and final Massachusetts Senate debate Tuesday night with Elizabeth Warren “out of concern for the hardship faced by the people in the path of Hurricane Sandy.” “It is simply not appropriate to go forward with a political debate when disaster strikes,” said Brown spokesman Colin Reed in a statement. Even before the announcement, the consortium of Boston media outlets warned of a possible postponement due to Sandy. Brown’s decision comes as a surprising new Boston Globe survey finds the incumbent pulling back into a dead heat with his Democratic rival. But Brown’s campaign declined to comment on the poll and other Republicans dourly noted that it’s an outlier compared to other surveys showing Warren with an advantage.

Read more: Senate 5: Citing Sandy, Brown exits debate - David Catanese and Scott Wong - POLITICO.com

Akin said you can "shut that thing down" and self abort a rape induced pregnancy.
Murdoch said that pregnancy resulting from rape was "god's will" and abortion wouldn't be allowed in that case.
Brown has now apparently decided to abort his campaign in the last trimester.

Yep, it's much better to go against the advice of the emergency services and carry on with politics as usual. Apparently, the left care so much about debates that they don't care if people die to attend.

Chrissie... you're a fucking moron.

Akin said you can "shut that thing down" and self abort a rape induced pregnancy.
Murdoch said that pregnancy resulting from rape was "god's will" and abortion wouldn't be allowed in that case.
Brown has now apparently decided to abort his campaign in the last trimester.

Apparently you don't know jack shit.

Very little will give me as much pleasure in life as seeing that lying bitch Fauxcohontas getting her hypocritical ass handed to her by the liberals of MA.

He did the right thing. I was at his rally last night and I doubt many of you even know the man or his voting record. He has a huge crossover Democrat vote as well as Democrat endorsements which in this state is quite impressive. He is quite moderate in his views and his record shows it. Few people read the bills and instead look at the bill name which is very misleading often times. He does read the legislature and it shows.

Sen. Brown is considered a good decent man to all but the partisan hacks on the left and the hardcore extremist righties.

He decided to not go forth with this debate for good cause. If that cause confuses anyone who bitches and plays partisan politics because that is all they ever do then there is little I or anyone will post that will convince you he did the right thing.

Report on last night's rally:

Brown backers stage rousing rally in Lowell - Lowell Sun Online

Oh and there were a handful of Warren supporters there and I smiled at them as I walked by one of the older ladies started hollering Warren is going to win and I won't be smiling next week. She looked silly and desperate since all I was doing was walking into the venue and I was not even carrying a sign. Mind you this location for the venue is a quiet residential neighborhood located on a small side street.

ETA:

Democrats for Brown

The signs were many last night. Massachusetts has many working class families and people. I see them going for Sen. Brown because he truly is the People's Senator:

http://www.scottbrown.com/action-center/democrats-for-brown/

These signs were plentiful last night:

http://www.scottbrown.com/democrats-for-brown-coalition-sign-up/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back