Brooklyn Center Council Member Voted to Fire City Manager Because She Feared BLM Retaliation

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016
Brooklyn Center Council Member Voted to Fire City Manager Because She Feared BLM Retaliation
“He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly. I didn’t want repercussions at a personal level,” Brooklyn Center Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson said of her vote to fire City Manager Curt Boganey.
Brooklyn Center Council Member Voted to Fire City Manager Because She Feared BLM Retaliation (legalinsurrection.com)
14 Apr 2021 ~~ By Stacey Matthews

As Mary reported earlier, Brooklyn Center, MN, saw a third night of the type of Antifa/BLM-led rioting and looting that occurred with regularity last year in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death.
But as local law enforcement tried in vain to quell the chaos that erupted on city streets in response to the officer-involved shooting death of 20-year-old Daunte Wright, a different kind of chaos involving city leaders was taking place behind the scenes.
Brooklyn Center’s City Manager Curt Boganey, who is black, was out of a job Monday after the City Council voted to fire him. Boganey’s 16-year employment with the city was terminated just a few hours after he publicly expressed disagreement with Mayor Mike Elliott during a press conference where both addressed the shooting:
“Let me be very clear – my position is that we cannot afford to make mistakes that lead to the loss of life of other people in our profession,” Elliott said. “I do fully support releasing the officer of her duties.”​
Before leaving the podium, Elliott noted that Boganey, as city manager, had the authority to determine whether the officer would be fired. Boganey noted that he would not take immediate action to remove the officer.​
“All employees working for the city of Brooklyn Center are entitled to due process with respect to discipline,” Boganey said. “This employee will receive due process and that’s really all that I can say today.”​
~Snip~
Brooklyn Center Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson, who voted to fire Boganey, explained that her decision to do so was based on fear of retaliation from the Black Lives Matter radicals who were wreaking havoc on the city:
At a virtual council workshop, Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson said she voted to remove the city manager because she feared for her property and retaliation by protestors if she had voted to keep him.​
“He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly,” she said. “I didn’t want repercussions at a personal level.”​
For those keeping score at home, the city manager was fired for standing by the fundamentals of affording the accused due process.
~Snip~

Elliott has also requested that the Daunte Wright case be reassigned to state Attorney General Keith Ellison’s office. Ellison, I should note, is an Antifa supporter:
~Snip~
The police are now saying Wright’s shooting death was “accidental,” that Officer Potter meant to use her taser and not her gun.
Though the claim is of no comfort to Wright’s family, who have accused Potter of “murder,” what is of no comfort to Brooklyn Center residents is the fact that the city has approached “lunatics are running the asylum” territory rather quickly. At the same time, the media continues to fuel the fire.
What’s happening here is tragic all around, but if how Minneapolis handled their city after Floyd’s death is any indication, the aftermath for Brooklyn Center – a suburb of Minneapolis – is about to get a whole lot worse.

Comment:
OMG..... The fired city manager had the temerity to publicly state that someone accused of a crime has the right to due process....in America. How dare he.
Seems to me that Mayors like Elliot are just another way for spineless elected politicians to insulate themselves from the problems in their city.
The problem isn’t just BLM, or Antifa its the fact that bath are protected and funded by Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrats who run Washington and the State. If you stand up to BLM/Antifa you will be aggressively pursued by Keith Elleson and the FBI/DOJ. So you can’t defend yourself against BLM. Ask the Murkowski's.
I stand for
The problem isn’t just BLM, its the fact that BLM is protected by the state. If you stand up to BLM you will be aggressively pursued by Keith Elleson and the FBI/DOJ. So you can’t defend yourself against BLM. Ask the Murkowskis.
I stand for Law and Order, but it is getting difficult when the Police/FBI are willing to be used by the state to deprive American citizens of their Constitutional rights.
And all this time, I was of the belief that it was the law breaking, insurrectionists, BLM and Antifa who was supposed to fear LAW ENFORCEMENT and the corresponding legal consequences of their actions?

“He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly. I didn’t want repercussions at a personal level,” Brooklyn Center Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson said of her vote to fire City Manager Curt Boganey.
Brooklyn Center Council Member Voted to Fire City Manager Because She Feared BLM Retaliation (legalinsurrection.com)

As Mary reported earlier, Brooklyn Center, MN, saw a third night of the type of Antifa/BLM-led rioting and looting that occurred with regularity last year in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death.
But as local law enforcement tried in vain to quell the chaos that erupted on city streets in response to the officer-involved shooting death of 20-year-old Daunte Wright, a different kind of chaos involving city leaders was taking place behind the scenes.
Brooklyn Center’s City Manager Curt Boganey, who is black, was out of a job Monday after the City Council voted to fire him. Boganey’s 16-year employment with the city was terminated just a few hours after he publicly expressed disagreement with Mayor Mike Elliott during a press conference where both addressed the shooting:
“Let me be very clear – my position is that we cannot afford to make mistakes that lead to the loss of life of other people in our profession,” Elliott said. “I do fully support releasing the officer of her duties.”​
Before leaving the podium, Elliott noted that Boganey, as city manager, had the authority to determine whether the officer would be fired. Boganey noted that he would not take immediate action to remove the officer.​
“All employees working for the city of Brooklyn Center are entitled to due process with respect to discipline,” Boganey said. “This employee will receive due process and that’s really all that I can say today.”​
~Snip~
Brooklyn Center Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson, who voted to fire Boganey, explained that her decision to do so was based on fear of retaliation from the Black Lives Matter radicals who were wreaking havoc on the city:
At a virtual council workshop, Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson said she voted to remove the city manager because she feared for her property and retaliation by protestors if she had voted to keep him.​
“He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly,” she said. “I didn’t want repercussions at a personal level.”​
For those keeping score at home, the city manager was fired for standing by the fundamentals of affording the accused due process.
~Snip~

Elliott has also requested that the Daunte Wright case be reassigned to state Attorney General Keith Ellison’s office. Ellison, I should note, is an Antifa supporter:
~Snip~
The police are now saying Wright’s shooting death was “accidental,” that Officer Potter meant to use her taser and not her gun.
Though the claim is of no comfort to Wright’s family, who have accused Potter of “murder,” what is of no comfort to Brooklyn Center residents is the fact that the city has approached “lunatics are running the asylum” territory rather quickly. At the same time, the media continues to fuel the fire.
What’s happening here is tragic all around, but if how Minneapolis handled their city after Floyd’s death is any indication, the aftermath for Brooklyn Center – a suburb of Minneapolis – is about to get a whole lot worse.

Comment:
OMG..... The fired city manager had the temerity to publicly state that someone accused of a crime has the right to due process....in America. How dare he.
Seems to me that Mayors like Elliot are just another way for spineless elected politicians to insulate themselves from the problems in their city.
The problem isn’t just BLM, or Antifa its the fact that bath are protected and funded by Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrats who run Washington and the State. If you stand up to BLM/Antifa you will be aggressively pursued by Keith Elleson and the FBI/DOJ. So you can’t defend yourself against BLM. Ask the Murkowski's.
I stand for
The problem isn’t just BLM, its the fact that BLM is protected by the state. If you stand up to BLM you will be aggressively pursued by Keith Elleson and the FBI/DOJ. So you can’t defend yourself against BLM. Ask the Murkowskis.
I stand for Law and Order, but it is getting difficult when the Police/FBI are willing to be used by the state to deprive American citizens of their Constitutional rights.
And all this time, I was of the belief that it was the law breaking, insurrectionists, BLM and Antifa who was supposed to fear LAW ENFORCEMENT and the corresponding legal consequences of their actions?

Keep feeding the mob, they'll eat you last.

Morons.

Keep feeding the mob, they'll eat you last.

Morons.

The guy in charge of the Bastille found that out. Instead of touching off the stores of powder held there he surrendered. He suffered a horrible death and the French Revolution had the gunpowder and weapons they needed. This is beginning to feel like 1789.

"I don't believe that officers need to necessarily have weapons every time they're making a traffic stop."

Wow, this person is aware that those behind the wheel can always be packing a heater, right?

God bless you and our men and women in uniform always!!!

Holly

~Snip~
~Snip~

~Snip~

Comment:
I stand for

Wow....she is acting like the President and VP called her and put pressure on her to vote the way they wanted.....even sent down the White House chief of staff to put pressure on her to vote the way they wanted....oh wait, I am thinking about the election....nevermind

~Snip~
~Snip~

~Snip~

Comment:
I stand for

No surprise.

Everyone in this country (except Donald Trump) is terrified of BLM.

And look at what happened to The Donald.

People had better grovel at the feet of BLM.

~Snip~
~Snip~

~Snip~

Comment:
I stand for

No surprise.

s

This is what is wrong with the American Governments Local, State, Federal, the politicians are spineless and afraid to stand up for what is right. -swwsSS

~Snip~
~Snip~

~Snip~

Comment:
I stand for

No surprise.

This is what is wrong with the American Governments Local, State, Federal, the politicians are spineless and afraid to stand up for what is right. -swwsSS

You are 100% correct.

But those politicians have to be "spineless," or they lose their jobs.

As the demographics continue their relentless change, those politicians will only bend over farther in order to pander to the new breed of voters.

Put the mayor in a cop car and send him into the darkest part of his town....without a gun....

You are 100% correct.

But those politicians have to be "spineless," or they lose their jobs.

As the demographics continue their relentless change, those politicians will only bend over farther in order to pander to the new breed of voters.

Hmm..., That's Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrats for you.... March to their drummer or be fired.

Put the mayor in a cop car and send him into the darkest part of his town....without a gun....
~~~~~~
Nah! De Blasio needs an armed squad of Police to escort him to the Gym, and/or his trip to Mickey D's for his daily snack.
Then he demands complete gun confiscation of honest New Yorkers, while releasing convicted felons from Riker's Island, and releasing active felons with no bail.

Last edited:
Brooklyn Center city councilpeople only get a salary of $10,000 a year. If this broad was really too frightened to do her job, she would have just quit and told the city "to take this job and restaff it".

I think she is lying.

New Topics

Forum List

Back