British Pubs Call Time On German Beer

Champagne and wheat beers produced in France and Germany will be replaced. Sparkling wines from the UK and Australia will be substituted for champagne, while more UK wheat beers will be sold.

Wetherspoon to ditch champagne and German beer before Brexit
England has better beer/ale than Germany, so its Germany's loss

Why not have both available and let the British people decide which they prefer? Typical "conservatives": always trying to limit the availability of choices instead of laying it all out in front of people so that they can make their own decisions. Limit availability, limit information on choices; this is what the "conservatives" want to do to control the population to their liking.

The Chair of Wetherspoons , Tim Martin, was a leading brexiteer so this is just a political stunt.

Everybody drinks at Spoons because it is dirt cheap and they have a great range of beers. This will not help them because,for example, the UK does not produce enough quality wines to supply a big player like spoons.

Beer is a different story. We are fine on ales but german and belgian lagers piss on uk lager. Apart from the peerless Wrexham Lager of course.

Martin is a grade A twat as you can see from this pic.

upload_2018-6-16_20-34-26.jpeg

The Chair of Wetherspoons , Tim Martin, was a leading brexiteer so this is just a political stunt.

Everybody drinks at Spoons because it is dirt cheap and they have a great range of beers. This will not help them because,for example, the UK does not produce enough quality wines to supply a big player like spoons.

Beer is a different story. We are fine on ales but german and belgian lagers piss on uk lager. Apart from the peerless Wrexham Lager of course.

Martin is a grade A twat as you can see from this pic.

View attachment 199119
Indeed the guy is a clown, i am partial to a few John Smiths bitter in summer, Belgium produce good beer some of it will take your head off so drink with caution, i found that out as a young man years ago when i drank some Trappist beer.

:abgg2q.jpg::TH_WAY~113:

anf how is. it now.?
Spoons hasnt done too well over the last few years. They are closing down a lot of places including in Wrexham. the same twat caused a lot of upset during covid by telling his minimum wage staff to fuck off.
They arent going bust but a lot of people dont go there any more.

Indeed the guy is a clown, i am partial to a few John Smiths bitter in summer, Belgium produce good beer some of it will take your head off so drink with caution, i found that out as a young man years ago when i drank some Trappist beer.

:abgg2q.jpg::TH_WAY~113:
Samuel Smiths is a better pint but very rare around here.The Falcon in Chester serves it.

yeah, and england has better wine than france as well. WINNING!
The UK now has Champagne equivalents and white wines in general that now win international awards and regularly head the French .
Primarily helped by the changes in soil due to climate change in recent times .
Simple fact .

Have never been aware of any French or German beers that were so good/popular that they were in serious competition with UK produced beers in the first instance . Certainly big names like Stella( Belgian ) , Pilsner , Kronenbourg are generally regarded as Summer Piss Drinks by cultured connoisseurs .

in my time i liked

….. Newcastle Brown Ale!
That was a good brown ale but i believe it isn't even made in the UK these days, Heineken bought the company out and moved production to the Netherlands with a different recipe i have not had any for years so probably tastes totally different.

I have good friends who live in the area of this Brewery in the Netherlands, it is inside a old Windmill, i visited last September and brought home several bottles of their Blonde beer, i still have only one left, they also still mill flour in the old way.

That was a good brown ale but i believe it isn't even made in the UK these days, Heineken bought the company out and moved production to the Netherlands with a different recipe i have not had any for years so probably tastes totally different.

a pity, that …

:(

Forum List

Back