British Prime Minister Big Boris Johnson: ‘No Choice’ But to Offer Citizenship to 3 Million Hong Kong Citizens

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
but if one of them breaks the law, lock them all up!

So now the British gets a chance to see some really hard working people come to their country. Maybe the British can get back to manufacturing with the slogan.

MADE IN HONG KONG.

The UK should have offered independence to Hong Kong residents in a referendum back in 1994

they were entitled to choose their future

It's an interesting position and he is right.

I don't say this in jest unfortunately. These citizens are going to wonder what the hell happened to their standard of living. They are about to take an almost $20k per capita hit if they move. If he allows them all citizenship but they can stay in HK, he is about to get hit with droves of spies that China will recruit in HK and send over to the UK. Citizenship in hand and all.

Originally posted by Mac-7
The UK should have offered independence to Hong Kong residents in a referendum back in 1994

They didn't offer shit because they knew Hong Kong's "independence" would have last about 10 seconds.

China is not exactly Argentina.

The problem with that is that England had been technically leasing the Hong Kong area and the lease was up. They really had only two choices: Go to war in an attempt to keep Hong Kong free from the Communists hands or, give it back to China. Rather than go to war, they chose the peaceful way.
Unfortunate for the people of Hong Kong.
I think that Boris Johnson should meet with Australia's Prime Minister. Australia has a huge region that, while barren, is land and can be settled and might work for the people of Hong Kong.
Although, there's the pesky situation of people even being allowed out of China. The Chinese Communist party doesn't allow people to travel outside their nation unless they achieve some specified number of "social points," no doubt to show they are good Communists. So, as millions of Hong Kong residents have resisted the Communist party, they aren't going to be able to leave the area, unless smuggled out. And, two million people trying to leave isn't exactly subtle.

The problem with that is that England had been technically leasing the Hong Kong area and the lease was up. They really had only two choices: Go to war in an attempt to keep Hong Kong free from the Communists hands or, give it back to China. Rather than go to war, they chose the peaceful way.
I think that Boris Johnson should meet with Australia's Prime Minister. Australia has a huge region that, while barren, is land and can be settled and might work for the people of Hong Kong.
Although, there's the pesky situation of people even being allowed out of China. The Chinese Communist party doesn't allow people to travel outside their nation unless they achieve some specified number of "social points," no doubt to show they are good Communists. So, as millions of Hong Kong residents have resisted the Communist party, they aren't going to be able to leave the area, unless smuggled out. And, two million people trying to leave isn't exactly subtle.

With their population I think the Chicoms would jump at a chance to repopulate Hong Kong with loyal citizens.

I suspect that a lot of Hong Kongers were cheering when the Reds took over in the 1990s.

I bet they now regret that foolish enthusiasm for the "mother country."

It reminds me of those colonies in a certain continent that demanded "independence" after World War II from mean old England and France. All they got was corruption, poverty, and violence from their "own people" who took over.

But, but, but, isn’t he a righty and thus a wacist?

I wish the U.S. can get involved in this. I say we trade all the anifa and BLM members in return for the residents of Hong Kong.

It's a win/win situation
Antifa/blm get to live in their workers paradise and we get productive members of society

Hong Kong was British, rightly or wrongly, for perpetuity. The New Territories were leased. If Margaret Thatcher had not opened her big mouth, asking for an extension on that lease, and thus opening up a can of worms, those Territories might have been quietly ceded back, and Hong Kong could still be the jewel in the Crown.

All this legal hair splitting misses the point

condemning 7 million free souls to internment in a communist gulag is inhuman

the Hong Kongers were entitled to choose their destiny

Originally posted by Mindful
Hong Kong was British, rightly or wrongly, for perpetuity. The New Territories were leased. If Margaret Thatcher had not opened her big mouth, asking for an extension on that lease, and thus opening up a can of worms, those Territories might have been quietly ceded back, and Hong Kong could still be the jewel in the Crown.

The ten or twelve pathetic british sailors who "guarded" Hong Kong would be all deported back to Britain 2 or 3 hours after the chinese invasion, handcuffed and with their heads shaven and there wouldn't be a single western leader crazy enough to go to war with China to protect a pseudo country, a fart created by british imperialism in Asia as real as a 3 dollar bill.

If anything, Thatcher saved Britain from this international humiliation.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back