British police hamstrung by the Ferguson Effect....just like U.S. police....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes.....worried about getting destroyed for doing their jobs...British police are also hanging back...

Quote of the Day: The Ferguson Effect Hits UK Police, Too - The Truth About Guns

More than 90 percent of police in London don't carry guns. Here's why.

Some police have complained that officers are reluctant to sign up for firearms training because they fear being dragged through years of lengthy investigations in the unlikely event they have to use their weapon.

"Officers have seen what happens to their colleagues who have had to use lethal force to protect the public," outgoing Metropolitan Police Commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe told reporters last month. "Increasingly, they seem to be portrayed as suspects, based, I can only assume, on an underlying belief that they must have acted in a criminal fashion if someone has died."

Families of people shot by police have also alleged the IPCC treated them insensitively, and in 2014 the watchdog released an internal review, "apologizing for our mistakes, and doing our best to put them right."

Sometimes I think the whole world has gone mad and it crosses my mind to wonder if this time if we aren't in the end times the Bible warned about. But the world has been chaotic before and then regained its equilibrium. Can it do that in the face of over zealous progressivism, the truly misguided and unexplainable mindset of the snowflakes plus ISIS and like groups?

When police conduct warrants more media attention, investigation, suspicion, and action than do those who have demonstrated that they are a threat to society, I sometimes think we are doomed.

A police officer who uses a weapon against somebody who is obviously committing murder and mayhem shouldn't even be questioned much less put on administrative leave until a full investigation can be conducted.

If we don't realize that and very soon, I fear we won't be able to hire decent public servants to do the very difficult and dangerous job of being police officers.

Yes.....worried about getting destroyed for doing their jobs...British police are also hanging back...

Quote of the Day: The Ferguson Effect Hits UK Police, Too - The Truth About Guns

More than 90 percent of police in London don't carry guns. Here's why.

Some police have complained that officers are reluctant to sign up for firearms training because they fear being dragged through years of lengthy investigations in the unlikely event they have to use their weapon.

"Officers have seen what happens to their colleagues who have had to use lethal force to protect the public," outgoing Metropolitan Police Commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe told reporters last month. "Increasingly, they seem to be portrayed as suspects, based, I can only assume, on an underlying belief that they must have acted in a criminal fashion if someone has died."

Families of people shot by police have also alleged the IPCC treated them insensitively, and in 2014 the watchdog released an internal review, "apologizing for our mistakes, and doing our best to put them right."
One of the London terrorists (most recent) had a job in the Underground with direct access to tunnels under Parliament.
Despite being known to police and featured in jihadi documentary.

Forum List

Back