Brit Attacking Obama??? I Never.....

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Imagine....a Brit military historian.

He has measured Obama, and found him to be wanting.

1. "Sir Hew Strachan, an expert on the history of war, says that the president’s strategic failures in Afghanistan and Syria have crippled America’s position in the world.

2. .... Obama is “chronically incapable” of military strategy and falls far short of his predecessor George W. Bush, according to one of Britain’s most senior military advisors.

3. ...and Obama’s attempts to intervene on behalf of the Syrian rebels “has left them in a far worse position than they were before.”

4. The extraordinary critique by a leading advisor to the United States’ closest military ally comes days after Obama was undermined by the former Defense Secretary Robert Gates, who questioned the President’s foreign policy decisions and claimed he was deeply suspicious of the military.

5. ... cited the “crazy” handling of the Syrian crisis as the most egregious example of a fundamental collapse in military planning that began in the aftermath of 9/11. “If anything it’s gone backwards instead of forwards, Obama seems to be almost chronically incapable of doing this.

6. Bush ...at least he had a clear sense of what he wanted to do in the world. Obama has no sense of what he wants to do in the world,” he said.

7. ...undermined America’s military reputation and destabilized the Middle East, said Strachan. “What he’s done in talking about Red Lines in relation to Syria has actually devalued the deterrent effect of American military capability...

8. He’s increased the likelihood that if there is a change of regime in Syria that it will be an Islamic fundamentalist one.”

9. He criticized the way General Stanley McCrystal was forced to resign after making unflattering remarks about his political bosses in Washington. “The concern about the military speaking out shows a lack of democratic and political maturity.

10. Winston Churchill held daily strategy meetings with his chairman of the Chiefs of Staff during the Second World War, which encouraged an open exchange of views."
Senior UK Defense Advisor: Obama Is Clueless About ?What He Wants To Do In The World? - The Daily Beast

Wow!!!!

What a thrashing!!!!

Brits may not know dentistry or culinary arts....but they sure know Presidents!!!!

And everything he said applies double to those who voted for the failure in the White House!

1. "Sir Hew Strachan, an expert on the history of war, says that the president’s strategic failures in Afghanistan and Syria have crippled America’s position in the world.

2. .... Obama is “chronically incapable” of military strategy and falls far short of his predecessor George W. Bush, according to one of Britain’s most senior military advisors.

3. ...and Obama’s attempts to intervene on behalf of the Syrian rebels “has left them in a far worse position than they were before.”

4. The extraordinary critique by a leading advisor to the United States’ closest military ally comes days after Obama was undermined by the former Defense Secretary Robert Gates, who questioned the President’s foreign policy decisions and claimed he was deeply suspicious of the military.

5. ... cited the “crazy” handling of the Syrian crisis as the most egregious example of a fundamental collapse in military planning that began in the aftermath of 9/11. “If anything it’s gone backwards instead of forwards, Obama seems to be almost chronically incapable of doing this.

6. Bush ...at least he had a clear sense of what he wanted to do in the world. Obama has no sense of what he wants to do in the world,” he said.

7. ...undermined America’s military reputation and destabilized the Middle East, said Strachan. “What he’s done in talking about Red Lines in relation to Syria has actually devalued the deterrent effect of American military capability...

8. He’s increased the likelihood that if there is a change of regime in Syria that it will be an Islamic fundamentalist one.”

9. He criticized the way General Stanley McCrystal was forced to resign after making unflattering remarks about his political bosses in Washington. “The concern about the military speaking out shows a lack of democratic and political maturity.

10. Winston Churchill held daily strategy meetings with his chairman of the Chiefs of Staff during the Second World War, which encouraged an open exchange of views."
Senior UK Defense Advisor: Obama Is Clueless About ?What He Wants To Do In The World? - The Daily Beast

Wow!!!!

What a thrashing!!!!

Brits may not know dentistry or culinary arts....but they sure know Presidents!!!!

And everything he said applies double to those who voted for the failure in the White House!

Ah, there it is: He's promoting his book. So he's sort of like Ann Coulter in a smoking jacket and Meerschaum pipe pontificating from a winged chair in a stuffy library most likely.

"""Strachan’s book The Direction of War, which will be published next month, examines the failure of modern political leaders to use strategy to predict and account for the implications of military action."""

Wow!!!!

What a thrashing!!!!

Ah, there it is: He's promoting his book. So he's sort of like Ann Coulter in a smoking jacket and Meerschaum pipe pontificating from a winged chair in a stuffy library most likely.

"""Strachan’s book The Direction of War, which will be published next month, examines the failure of modern political leaders to use strategy to predict and account for the implications of military action."""

Problem you you Obama lap-dogs is that the guy is dead on right......

Isn't he.

Sir Hew, dear, is a neo-conservative military thinker and historian.

Of course he finds Bush wonderful.

Hew Strachan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Overview of Professor Sir Hew Strachan

What does this expert think of Tony Blair, I wonder?

Wait....I have Obama's answer right here:

"The White House takes pride in the fact that Obama’s PDB is “not briefed to him” – because, they say, he is “among the most sophisticated consumers of intelligence on the planet.” That hubris brings to mind this revealing quote from a September 2008 New York Times profile of Obama:

“I think that I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters,” Mr. Obama told Patrick Gaspard, his political director, at the start of the 2008 campaign, according to The New Yorker. “I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m going to think I’m a better political director than my political director.”

So it should come as no surprise that apparently Barack Obama thinks he’s a better intelligence briefer than his intelligence briefers.
Obama: I?m a better intelligence briefer than my intelligence briefers | AEIdeas

So.....help me with one:

Who is more of a head case, you or Obama?

I take that back....you're simply a sycophant.

Sir Hew, dear, is a neo-conservative military thinker and historian.

Of course he finds Bush wonderful.

Hew Strachan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Overview of Professor Sir Hew Strachan

But....he's correct in his analysis, isn't he.

What difference his background....after all, I don't consider your mental condition in deciding whether your make a statement that is accurate or not.

Remember the first thing you heard the paramedics say after your accident…”there must be another cerebral hemisphere around here somewhere…”
Sorry they couldn’t come up with it.

Last edited:

wow, this one is a classic

Forum List

Back