Brexit shambles kicking in

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

It has only just started. Explain freedom in terms of not being able to trade with your neighbours.

Most businesses will adopt to new rules. That is a matter of time. Nothing special, actually.

It has only just started. Explain freedom in terms of not being able to trade with your neighbours.

If you start swimming right now you might be in your beloved E.U. in just a few days.

Maybe.

Dutch officials say ‘welcome to Brexit’ as they take driver’s ham sandwich.

Dutch officials were filmed laughing while confiscating a British lorry driver’s ham sandwiches due to post-Brexit import rules. A clip on TV in the Netherlands shows border staff taking lunch and other foods from truckers while joking: ‘Welcome to Brexit, sir.’ The driver is heard in the background, pleading: ‘Can you take the meat and leave me the bread?’ The EU forbids meat, meat products, milk or dairy products to be brought in from countries outside the union for ‘personal consumption’. Now the UK has left the EU, this means lorry drivers crossing the Channel will now mostly have to buy food in the countries they are travelling to rather than bringing it from home. ‘Since Brexit you are longer allowed certain foods to Europe,’ one border official at the Hook of Holland sea port told Netherlands’ NPO television. The footage shows officers rooting through people’s vehicles and holding up any food they find within, saying it will have to be confiscated. But this strict stance on the newly imposed rules has been slammed as ‘pathetic nit-picking’ by a leading Brexiteer. Dutch border officials laugh as they confiscate a driver’s lunch while joking: ‘Welcome to Brexit’.

Read more: Dutch officials say 'welcome to Brexit' as they take driver's ham sandwich

Who's dumb friggin idea was this Brexit shit?
The most stupid decision any country has ever made bar war and Hiroshima.
Trade deals are supposed to make trading seamless and easy not more complicated and expensive. Some products will be up to 40% more expensive. We have gone back nearly 50 friggin years!

Thank God I have dual nationality and am still an EU citizen on my Republic of Ireland Passport.

Dutch officials were filmed laughing while confiscating a British lorry driver’s ham sandwiches due to post-Brexit import rules. A clip on TV in the Netherlands shows border staff taking lunch and other foods from truckers while joking: ‘Welcome to Brexit, sir.’ The driver is heard in the background, pleading: ‘Can you take the meat and leave me the bread?’ The EU forbids meat, meat products, milk or dairy products to be brought in from countries outside the union for ‘personal consumption’. Now the UK has left the EU, this means lorry drivers crossing the Channel will now mostly have to buy food in the countries they are travelling to rather than bringing it from home. ‘Since Brexit you are longer allowed certain foods to Europe,’ one border official at the Hook of Holland sea port told Netherlands’ NPO television. The footage shows officers rooting through people’s vehicles and holding up any food they find within, saying it will have to be confiscated. But this strict stance on the newly imposed rules has been slammed as ‘pathetic nit-picking’ by a leading Brexiteer. Dutch border officials laugh as they confiscate a driver’s lunch while joking: ‘Welcome to Brexit’.

Read more: Dutch officials say 'welcome to Brexit' as they take driver's ham sandwich

Trade deals are supposed to make trading seamless and easy not more complicated and expensive. Some products will be up to 40% more expensive. We have gone back nearly 50 friggin years!

Thank God I have dual nationality and am still an EU citizen on my Republic of Ireland Passport.
Damn! got in before me! :D

But...but... haven't we taken back control? Where are those sunny uplands we were promised? SOVRINTEE!!!

I know Covid will be blamed, but were heading into the worst recession this country has had in 300 years, made far worse than it needed to be by leaving the EU.

But...but... haven't we taken back control? Where are those sunny uplands we were promised? SOVRINTEE!!!

I know Covid will be blamed, but were heading into the worst recession this country has had in 300 years, made far worse than it needed to be by leaving the EU.
I still haven't heard one good reason for Brexit.

Seems Trumpsters do have a group of idiots with something in common - Brexiteers and both live in some alternative fake reality!

Explain the freedom in being forced to sell meat by the gram because someone in Brussels wanted it.

Seems Trumpsters do have a group of idiots with something in common - Brexiteers and both live in some alternative fake reality!
Me neither. We always had sovereignty, we always had border/immigration controls.

Me neither. We always had sovereignty, we always had border/immigration controls.
My wife is Irish on her Dads side. She is looking into getting an Irish passport and also getting them for the kids. I dont know if she can get me in on it as well. We always thought we might retire to France or even Spain but that looks a lot more problematic now we have freedom.

My wife is Irish on her Dads side. She is looking into getting an Irish passport and also getting them for the kids. I dont know if she can get me in on it as well. We always thought we might retire to France or even Spain but that looks a lot more problematic now we have freedom.
Well, it's a bollocks of freedom that now comes with nothing but restrictions!
I should think your wife and kids will have no problem and you should enquire as you will no doubt have Irish blood somewhere. They offered Ken Bigley (the guy held in Iraq) an Irish passport despite him having no Irish connection and they are far more helpful than when I first went for a UK passport - right stuffy bastards said why do I want one despite never having lived anywhere else and both my parents had UK passports, but I persevered and got one on the basis that I'm naturalised.

Well, it's a bollocks of freedom that now comes with nothing but restrictions!
I should think your wife and kids will have no problem and you should enquire as you will no doubt have Irish blood somewhere. They offered Ken Bigley (the guy held in Iraq) an Irish passport despite him having no Irish connection and they are far more helpful than when I first went for a UK passport - right stuffy bastards said why do I want one despite never having lived anywhere else and both my parents had UK passports, but I persevered and got one on the basis that I'm naturalised.

Im holding out for independence at the moment. Still waiting to see any benefit from this shit show.

We bought a house in Spain before Brexit and are registered in our local community (Ayuniamento), one of the steps needed to get residency. Covid put a hold on the process, but as we've made the first step, our solicitors in Spain feel we can continue when all this dies down. Given the choice between France and Spain, I'd go for Spain every time, the quality of life is so much better there.

A small speed bump with contigencies to already fix the problem....no need for you get a hard on over the crash and burn of brexit----this really is a non - issue as the article indicates for multiple reasons.

I hear lots of HongKong kids, after “burning” their own bridges, were looking forward to moving to England. Some already have UK passports, but expected to be free to work on the Continent...

The whole Brexit thing is sad. If EU banks gradually strip away significant banking business from the “City of London,” I don’t see how Little England will survive economically. Will it just keep getting “littler,” do you think? Meanwhile, I’m laughing, but my heart goes out to those put-upon English lorry drivers ...

Explain the freedom in being forced to sell meat by the gram because someone in Brussels wanted it.
My wife is 5’2”. She refuses to say that when a nurse asks how tall she is ...

She says it’s insulting and stupid to measure her height ... in some dead English King’s smelly “foot”! :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back