Brexit dividend - £ crashes and markets in turmoil

You ever wonder why the majority of voters voted for Truss? I bet it is the same reasons Trump came to become President, yet no one on the left really wants to answer that question, which if they did, would won instead of losing.
The majority of voters was apparently about 81,000 people. We do not have the same system as you. Only paid up Tory members got a vote and a quick search suggests that the number who voted for her was just 81,000 people. Interestingly I was reading a paper today which was pointing out that the people who have been getting at Truss would have done the exact same thing if Corbyn had been PM. They are just the richest people and they did not see her plan working for them. That is who a plutocracy like ours serves. She really did not get to be PM because of similar reasons to Trump. It was not a competition between the left and right. It was one between Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss.

Here Monboit has written an article in the Guardian trying to explain the mindset of neoliberals like Truss. The only thing which has any worth is money and they imagine that even if things disappear like agricultural land stops being suitable for agricultural use because of how it was used, they will find something else to take its place. The world belongs to them and they can do what they want. Given the crucial time we are with the climate needs, something which the Ukraine war itself is seriously damaging, Liz Truss with her views on the environment at this time is actually dangerous. Anyway good article.

Environmental destruction is part of Liz Truss’s plan | George Monbiot
I read something similar. Fracking is the obvious example. Developments in national parks is another. She is like some sort of robot without any empathy or values.

One positive is that she cant command the support of the party and is actively disliked. I hope that they are able to block much of this extremist nonsense.

I read something similar. Fracking is the obvious example. Developments in national parks is another. She is like some sort of robot without any empathy or values.

One positive is that she cant command the support of the party and is actively disliked. I hope that they are able to block much of this extremist nonsense.
She apparently really believes that would work. Yes, she appears not to have contact with her heart or gut feelings. Money is the values. She obviously fancies herself as the next Margaret Thatcher and her economic ideas are similar. Truss seems to move more through ambition than having values. I was hearing that her faction is a very small part of the Brexit tribe, not liked by the rest. People are saying she won't be there long with the popularity of the other parties particular Labour. Both the US and the UK seem to have a lack of good politicians.

She apparently really believes that would work. Yes, she appears not to have contact with her heart or gut feelings. Money is the values. She obviously fancies herself as the next Margaret Thatcher and her economic ideas are similar. Truss seems to move more through ambition than having values. I was hearing that her faction is a very small part of the Brexit tribe, not liked by the rest. People are saying she won't be there long with the popularity of the other parties particular Labour. Both the US and the UK seem to have a lack of good politicians.
She has some similarities to thatcher but I dont think even thatcher was this unhinged..
She has just thrown petrol on the fire.Her job was to protect pblic services whilst we were in a crisis.
Her tax cuts could have come out the other side..

This is all coming after years of being told how wonderful things were going. We just need to get through the next 18 months and hopefully she cant kill the planet in that time.

Forum List

Back