Breitbart calls Trump's Afghanistan speech what it is: a "flip flop"

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
DHzOVWVVwAAWK3J.jpg:large

As a conservative, I love Breitbart. Bannon's site today called Trump out on his flip flop of sending more troops to Afghanistan when he called for withdrawal during the Obama years.
Kudos to populist icon Steve Bannon.

"...he said despite his “original instinct” to pull out, “decisions are much different when you sit behind the desk in the Oval Office, in other words when you are president of the United States.”

"After studying the Afghanistan in “great detail and from every conceivable angle,” he said he did not want to repeat the mistake of the previous administration in Iraq and pull out too early, leaving a vacuum for terrorists to fill.

“We cannot repeat in Afghanistan the mistake our leaders made in Iraq,” he said. “We must address reality.”

"The president said that today, 20 U.S.-designated foreign terrorist organizations are active in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and cited last week’s terrorist attack in Spain as evidence terrorists must be defeated.

"“We will defeat them and defeat them handily,” he said. “In Afghanistan and Pakistan, America’s interests are clear. We must stop the resurgence of safe havens that allow terrorists to threaten America.”

Trump Debuts Afghanistan Strategy: 'We Are Not Nation-Building Again, We Are Killing Terrorists'

Trump winning big. His speech was great.

"...he said despite his “original instinct” to pull out, “decisions are much different when you sit behind the desk in the Oval Office, in other words when you are president of the United States.”

"After studying the Afghanistan in “great detail and from every conceivable angle,” he said he did not want to repeat the mistake of the previous administration in Iraq and pull out too early, leaving a vacuum for terrorists to fill.

“We cannot repeat in Afghanistan the mistake our leaders made in Iraq,” he said. “We must address reality.”

"The president said that today, 20 U.S.-designated foreign terrorist organizations are active in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and cited last week’s terrorist attack in Spain as evidence terrorists must be defeated.

"“We will defeat them and defeat them handily,” he said. “In Afghanistan and Pakistan, America’s interests are clear. We must stop the resurgence of safe havens that allow terrorists to threaten America.”

Trump Debuts Afghanistan Strategy: 'We Are Not Nation-Building Again, We Are Killing Terrorists'

. All good and dandy, just as long as he doesn't allow our soldiers to be fooled into believing that they are accomplishing something in that HELL hole, only to be gunned down in close quarters by an enemy you thought was your friend. Don't turn your back on those savages U.S. soldier.

. All good and dandy, just as long as he doesn't allow our soldiers to be fooled into believing that they are accomplishing something in that HELL hole, only to be gunned down in close quarters by an enemy you thought was your friend. Don't turn your back on those savages U.S. soldier.

They're there to kill terrorists. They'll be extremely pleased to do so, and to hear him saying that is their purpose now.

I truly wish we'd just declare victory and come home.

It's an unwinnable war. Don't believe me? Just ask the USSR Russians. They shared a border with Afghanistan and still couldn't win. We are 5000 miles from home. It's a fools errand...ugh...

Stay out of all foreign entanglements.

It's an unwinnable war. Don't believe me? Just ask the USSR Russians. They shared a border with Afghanistan and still couldn't win. We are 5000 miles from home. It's a fools errand...ugh...

No war is unwinnable. He has committed us to winning. Now watch what America is like when they're committed to being exceptional.

No war is unwinnable. He has committed us to winning. Now watch what America is like when they're committed to being exceptional.

OK. We'd have to agree on a definition of "winning". That ain't gonna happen...so....

We should declare Victory!! Call it a day!! WE WIN!!!!!

....then bring our troops home.

Why are we spending $2.4 trillion$ on these goat herders?

We could use that money to actually "Make America Great Again". Building Schools, Roads, Bridges, Airports, Reservoirs, Tunnels, Railways, the Wall, etc....

It's an unwinnable war. Don't believe me? Just ask the USSR Russians. They shared a border with Afghanistan and still couldn't win.

Thanks to Reagan arming the Taliban with high tech weapons. Russia would have won had the neocons not had their way.

OK. We'd have to agree on a definition of "winning". That ain't gonna happen...so....

We should declare Victory!! Call it a day!! WE WIN!!!!!

....then bring our troops home.

Why are we spending $2.4 trillion$ on these goat herders?

We could use that money to actually "Make America Great Again". Building Schools, Roads, Bridges, Airports, Reservoirs, Tunnels, Railways, the Wall, etc....
No nationalized schools. No reservoirs. No tunnels. Railways, yeah...
but I'm not of the mind that if we use money for one thing, it's being taken from all those other things. That isn't the way our government works, it hasn't worked that way for a really long time. Dems always say that we have to deny this to fund that, or that if we seek funding for this, this other thing will be wiped out (remember, if we didn't fund obamacare, everybody was going to die) It's a lie.

It's an unwinnable war. Don't believe me? Just ask the USSR Russians. They shared a border with Afghanistan and still couldn't win.

Thanks to Reagan arming the Taliban with high tech weapons.

Partially, but the Soviets were already bogged down in unwinnable guerrilla war.

Declare victory and bring the troops home. Spend the money to MAGA!!

Why are we spending all this money on stinky goat herders?

As a conservative, I love Breitbart. Bannon's site today called Trump out on his flip flop of sending more troops to Afghanistan when he called for withdrawal during the Obama years.
I hope 'populist icon' Steve Bannon undermines Trump's base every day. It will be fun to watch!

Lemme guess ... you applaud President Hypocrite?

Screen-Shot-2017-08-21-at-8.06.58-PM-701x315.png

Who needs Breitbart to undermine Trump when we have Trump doing that to himself?

C9UPo8-VwAAKYqa.jpg:large

What an insult to the servicemen and women who have been fighting to win for the past 16 years.

Go to the families of those killed and tell them their son or daughter didn't fight to win.

You're a fucking disgrace.

. It ain't looking good... You probably are right. It might be a set up to finally take Trump down. Otherwise once alledged innocent civilians are accidentally killed or troops get killed in friendly fire situations or Lord help him if water boarding is used... They (the left or others) will try to finish Trump off as a thug dictator. He needs a clear and precise mission statement like we had in WW2, and a clear directive for victory. If this can be done, then go for it, but beware of the undermining forces a foot here in this nation.

Last edited:

Thanks to Reagan arming the Taliban with high tech weapons. Russia would have won had the neocons not had their way.
Back then Reagan would have done such a thing why ?? Wasn't Sadam a friend of the US government for security reasons and/or interest reasons pertaining to the region at one time ?

What an insult to the servicemen and women who have been fighting to win for the past 16 years.

Go to the families of those killed and tell them their son or daughter didn't fight to win.

You're a fucking disgrace.
. Fighting to win ?? Win what ?????

It's time to leave the Afghanistan mess to the Afghans, and just do damage control with whatever comes out of there - heroin, terror, etc.

Forum List

Back