Breakthrough Cases Are NOT the Problem

But the evidence is clear: The problem is the unvaccinated population. If more people got the vaccines, the current surge wouldn’t be as big; it certainly wouldn’t lead to the levels of hospitalization and death now seen across the US. This was true months ago, and remains true today.

Unvaccinated people still make up the vast majority of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. They’ve made up more than 94 percent of reported Covid-19 cases in states with available data, a report last week from the Kaiser Family Foundation found. They’ve also made up similar, or higher, shares of hospitalizations and deaths.

Then there’s what really happened in the Provincetown outbreak. The headlines noted three-fourths of people infected by the virus were vaccinated. But among the more than 900 cases tracked as a result of the outbreak, just seven led to hospitalization — and there were zero deaths. If this was 2020, when there were no vaccines, closer to 90 people would have been hospitalized and about nine would have died, based on hospitalization and death rates over the last year.
I just heard of the first case fully vaccinated person died of covid. I'm going to watch the news tonight to see if it's reported. It would be significant, if it is true. Heard it from a friend's daughter. She's pretty reliable, but as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on this one.

Too funny. You ran and got the Vaxx for a bug that kills less than 1% of the infected, that makes you the coward kid. I don't need it, I won't get it and there isn't one damn thing you morons can do about it.
So you’re scared of a vaccination?

Nope, this is basic microbiology. Mass vaccination, and this isn't even a vaccine, doesn't work during a pandemic. Pressure on viruses causes them to adapt and overcome. That's exactly what we're seeing.
Conservatives’ baseless, unwarranted opposition to being vaccinated is the problem.

The right’s campaign of misinformation and lies about the pandemic and vaccinations is the problem.

And Republicans making the pandemic and vaccinations a partisan issue is the problem

Children arent dyingvof covid. Very few adults are either.

I wish you were this hysterical over people eating McDonalds and getting heart disease and cancer (1.2 MILLION will die this year)
It's the American diet, not just McDonalds. I don't eat like that; I take care of myself. However, this is not about what any one individual does to him or herself. It is about the risk created for others by people who don't get the vaccine. For one thing, if you haven't been vaccinated, you can get it and pass it on to someone else who may become very ill or even die. Eating a bad diet isn't going to do that. You only hurt yourself with a bad diet. Although people who feed their kids with a bad diet do put them at risk. And that is something I find abhorrent.

Not getting the Covid vaccine also means dragging out the pandemic and possibly allowing yet another variant to emerge, meaning we will be plagued by this indefinitely. It also means not just killing people but destroying the economy and changing life as we know it, not for the better. This isn't just about you or any one person. And BTW, children may not be dying of Covid, yet, or not very many. But more and more are ending up in the hospital with it and as that number increases so will their deaths. Why are you so intensely selfish?

I just heard of the first case fully vaccinated person died of covid. I'm going to watch the news tonight to see if it's reported. It would be significant, if it is true. Heard it from a friend's daughter. She's pretty reliable, but as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on this one.
"Heard it from a friend's daugher." Hilarious. Well, you better put it in the bank then. LOL

Why does this SURPRISE YOU? From the day the mRNA technique was announced -- EVERYBODY should have known that the vaccines will NOT PREVENT YOU FROM GETTING COVID.. They work to give your immune system a huge HEADSTART to fight it.. That's why SERIOUS illness, hospitalization and death are SO RARE among the vaccinated. Most people "vaccinated or not" never even KNOW that they've had covid. The "reported cases" dont equal the "ACTUAL INFECTIONS"...

From DAY ONE -- the number of INFECTED PEOPLE has always been from 3 to 10 times the numbers you've been feasting in the lazy media..

I think the published rate of infection for INNOCULATED people is 0.01%. That's one in a thousand vaxxed.. And the MORTALITY RATE for the vaccinated who get infected is 0.03%, which is one in 3000 -- but includes ESPECIALLY an almost 90% vaccination rate for folks over 65.. MANY of whom are already in nursing homes or chronic care situations..

A common cold amongst the sick elderly would probably kill more than 0.01% of them..

According to the FDA the MNRA vaccines were 95% effective at preventing infection. That means with 160 million vaccinated, it leaves room for 8 million breakthrough infections. But when you add the ones that have natural immunity from previous infections, the US should be beyond heard immunity. With xiden importing more virus every day, with no end in sight. The commies will use this BS to control the population indefinitely and try to blame Trump for it, of course.

According to the FDA the MNRA vaccines were 95% effective at preventing infection. That means with 160 million vaccinated, it leaves room for 8 million breakthrough infections. But when you add the ones that have natural immunity from previous infections, the US should be beyond heard immunity. With xiden importing more virus every day, with no end in sight. The commies will use this BS to control the population indefinitely and try to blame Trump for it, of course.

We just reached 70% getting at least one shot...right when Delta took over...which requires 85%

We just reached 70% getting at least one shot...right when Delta took over...which requires 85%

Ok, now add the number of asymptomatic cases that now have natural immunity. Johns-Hopkins says they don't need vaccination. As of Sep last year they estimated 16 million had antibodies and were never diagnosed, how many do you think that number would be now? Double, maybe more?

New Rule: Those living in states below 55% vax rate will not be allowed to cross the border in any manner. This also alleviates redneck problems in states where they are not welcome.
Are you going to enforce that ban derpster? HAhahahaha!

Apparently, you're too stupid and illinformed to be afraid of Covid. Too dumb. It's that simple.
Smart people don’t fear any virus. We know how to take care of ourselves. You leftists are too dumb to. It’s really THAT simple.

Uh oh, they'd better not transport them in Texas. Governor Fappit will have transporters arrested and seize their vehicles. Of course, it is unlikely he'll get away with his latest BS.

Poor baby. Abbott will win that case and give you and Xiden the finger while doing so. Transporting illegals and dropping them in his state without informing him is illegal. Commit an illegal act, your vehicle gets impounded. Or he can order cops to just shoot on sight and solve the problem for good.

Forum List

Back