BREAKING: Texas Gov. Abbott Issues Order Requiring Masks As COVID-19 Cases Surge

Did you see this level of stupid?

The face mask mandate does NOT apply to the following:
  • any person younger than 10 years of age;
  • any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering;
  • any person while the person is consuming food or drink, or is seated at a restaurant to eat or drink; <<<<<--- Hilarious.
  • any person while the person is (a) exercising outdoors or engaging in physical activity outdoors, and (b) maintaining a safe distance from other people not in the same household;
  • any person while the person is driving alone or with passengers who are part of the same household as the driver;
  • any person obtaining a service that requires temporary removal of the face-covering for security surveillance, screening, or a need for specific access to the face, such as while visiting a bank or while obtaining a personal care service involving the face, but only to the extent necessary for the temporary removal;
  • any person while the person is in a swimming pool, lake, or similar body of water;
  • any person who is voting, assisting a voter, serving as a poll watcher, or actively administering an election, but wearing a face-covering is strongly encouraged;
  • any person who is actively providing or obtaining access to religious worship, but wearing a face-covering is strongly encouraged;
  • any person while the person is giving a speech for broadcast or to an audience; or
  • any person in a county (a) that meets the requisite criteria promulgated by the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) regarding minimal cases of COVID-19, and (b) whose county judge has affirmatively opted-out of this face-covering requirement by filing with TDEM the required face-covering attestation form—provided, however, that wearing a face-covering is highly recommended, and every county is strongly encouraged to follow these face-covering standards.

Are these Babbling Abbott's new rules for Texans?
Hell, I knew this was coming.
Your shut down was a fucking joke.
Allowing open container laws to lapse so people could buy food and booze from their favorite restaurants.
And now I'm hearing that HALF of the cases are just "coronavirus", a bad cold, but being reported as COVID.
As your Houston hospitals overflow and send patients to Montgomery and Fort Bend county hospitals.
The fucking level of denial by the azzhats in Texas astounds me.

Well not sticking up for the azzhats in Texas but Florida has many as do other states screaming "my rights".

• any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering;
  • any person while the person is consuming food or drink, or is seated at a restaurant to eat or drink; <<<<<--- Hilarious.
  • any person while the person is (a) exercising outdoors or engaging in physical activity outdoors, and (b) maintaining a safe distance from other people not in the same household;
  • any person while the person is driving alone or with passengers who are part of the same household as the driver;
  • any person obtaining a service that requires temporary removal of the face-covering for security surveillance, screening, or a need for specific access to the face, such as while visiting a bank or while obtaining a personal care service involving the face, but only to the extent necessary for the temporary removal;
  • any person while the person is in a swimming pool, lake, or similar body of water;
  • any person who is voting, assisting a voter, serving as a poll watcher, or actively administering an election, but wearing a face-covering is strongly encouraged;
  • any person who is actively providing or obtaining access to religious worship, but wearing a face-covering is strongly encouraged;
  • any person while the person is giving a speech for broadcast or to an audience; or
  • any person in a county (a) that meets the requisite criteria promulgated by the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) regarding minimal cases of COVID-19, and (b) whose county judge has affirmatively opted-out of this face-covering requirement by filing with TDEM the required face-covering attestation form—provided, however, that wearing a face-covering is highly recommended, and every county is strongly encouraged to follow these face-covering standards.

Allowing open container laws to lapse so people could buy food and booze from their favorite restaurants.
And now I'm hearing that HALF of the cases are just "coronavirus", a bad cold, but being reported as COVID.
As your Houston hospitals overflow and send patients to Montgomery and Fort Bend county hospitals.
They should have never let Houston be ran by democrats.

Well not sticking up for the azzhats in Texas but Florida has many as do other states screaming "my rights".
No surprise you people don't believe in rights.

COVID-19 is a coronavirus, not an influenza virus. Those who don't know the biology of either virus will less easily understand tropism of COVID-19 for other organs.

I see the no nothing idiot laughed at the comment but yet still believes the novel cornavirus is a one that is in the flu family.

I do believe in rights but dumb fuck you better start researching the law before you go file a lawsuit that may pass the 1st judge but not the second. Better check out that 10th amendment in a pandemic.

Gov Abbott (R-Deep State)

:lol:

He's has to be a lefty.
No but he's all but assured he won't be elected again. We have another candidate how is a real conservative. I've checked him out and if he runs I'll vote for him.

I do believe in rights but dumb fuck you better start researching the law before you go file a lawsuit that may pass the 1st judge but not the second. Better check out that 10th amendment in a pandemic.
You certainly don't look like you do from the things you write. Could it be you are lying? Who said anything about a lawsuit? You off your meds?

Gov Abbott (R-Deep State)

:lol:

He's has to be a lefty.
No but he's all but assured he won't be elected again. We have another candidate how is a real conservative. I've checked him out and if he runs I'll vote for him.

You certainly don't look like you do from the things you write. Could it be you are lying? Who said anything about a lawsuit? You off your meds?

I want to run this guy for governor of Texas.

I just went to Walgreens to pick up a prescription for my mother. Got her some chocolate too. No one said a single word about me not wearing a mask. I was getting in my truck in the parking lot and was looking at 2 people in the parking lot wearing masks, and then I saw another guy pull up and get out of his vehicle and he wasn't wearing a mask....... I was about to give him a thumbs up, but he pulled out a fucking mask and went to put it on. :rolleyes:

I loudly asked; "When the fuck did everyone in Texas turn into a bunch of fucking sheep?!?"
The guy who was putting his mask on said in a whiny assed voice; "But they won't serve you....." before ducking into the store before I could point out that they had just served me, with no issue.

Obedience is only a virtue in slaves.

TPM is reporting it as details emerge.

The "give me the liberty to infect everyone around me" governor finally wised up. I imagine the other nitwit Repub governors will follow suit.

But it's too late to seal their legacy as dangers to the citizens of their states just as Capt. Clorox is a danger to all Americans.
I'll tell him the same way I told that fucking treasonous murderer Wolf.

Fuck off. I won't wear it.

Still not wearing one.
z1tgyypeee851.jpg
If you're still, after almost 2 decades of seeing examples like this, willing to comply with arbitrary edicts from authoritarians who clearly care about nothing but power, then you deserve to be treated like the ignorant, passive, tax cattle you act like.
Wear your brand if you like, but I'm not one of the herd.

BFYTW
Youve perfectly described our ICE detention facilities.

The masks are just a gesture
Sigh...wish these experts would make up their minds

I just went to Walgreens to pick up a prescription for my mother. Got her some chocolate too. No one said a single word about me not wearing a mask. I was getting in my truck in the parking lot and was looking at 2 people in the parking lot wearing masks, and then I saw another guy pull up and get out of his vehicle and he wasn't wearing a mask....... I was about to give him a thumbs up, but he pulled out a fucking mask and went to put it on. :rolleyes:

I loudly asked; "When the fuck did everyone in Texas turn into a bunch of fucking sheep?!?"
The guy who was putting his mask on said in a whiny assed voice; "But they won't serve you....." before ducking into the store before I could point out that they had just served me, with no issue.

Obedience is only a virtue in slaves.
I work at a store I clean but dont work for the company, I work for a cleaning company

Today one of the store employees approached me with a mask
I told her thanks, but I have one

Well, you're not wearing it and employees are required to wear masks on the sale floor

Uh, first of all, I'm not an employee for this company
Secondly, masks are required only if you cant practice social distancing
and if you can medically tolerate wearing a face covering

I work by myself
I have asthma and have a hard time breathing with the mask I
Its at least 90 in the store

Furthermore, customers are not prevented from being in the store
without a mask nor told to wear their mask properly

Further still, no one, including yourself, wears a mask in the breakroom
nor does anyone social distance...

She stormed off...

Forum List