BREAKING: Texas Gov. Abbott Issues Order Requiring Masks As COVID-19 Cases Surge

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
TPM is reporting it as details emerge.

The "give me the liberty to infect everyone around me" governor finally wised up. I imagine the other nitwit Repub governors will follow suit.

But it's too late to seal their legacy as dangers to the citizens of their states just as Capt. Clorox is a danger to all Americans.

Texas governor issues mandatory mask policy for counties with 20 or more coronavirus cases

"Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) on Thursday issued a statewide mandate requiring Texans to wear masks in public in any county with 20 or more positive covid-19 cases — a dramatic move that comes as cases in the state continue to climb. The decision comes as a reversal after Abbott had previously barred local governments from penalizing people who didn’t wear masks in public. On Wednesday, Texas reported 8,076 new cases of the coronavirus.

Meanwhile, Florida on Thursday reported 10,109 new cases of covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, marking a new single-day record for the state, which reported 6,563 cases on Wednesday. There were 68 new deaths, for a total of 3,718."

Don't worry Greg, you still get a seat up front in the clown car.

The "give me the liberty to infect everyone around me" governor finally wised up. I imagine the other nitwit Repub governors will follow suit.

But it's too late to seal their legacy as dangers to the citizens of their states just as Capt. Clorox is a danger to all Americans.
The masks are just a gesture

1593724226464.png

Don't be so stupid.

Yes, it's too late for these Trump cocksocket sycophants. And their citizens.

94,360 new cases in the U.S. in the last 48 hours.

Did you see this level of stupid?

The face mask mandate does NOT apply to the following:
  • any person younger than 10 years of age;
  • any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering;
  • any person while the person is consuming food or drink, or is seated at a restaurant to eat or drink; <<<<<--- Hilarious.
  • any person while the person is (a) exercising outdoors or engaging in physical activity outdoors, and (b) maintaining a safe distance from other people not in the same household;
  • any person while the person is driving alone or with passengers who are part of the same household as the driver;
  • any person obtaining a service that requires temporary removal of the face-covering for security surveillance, screening, or a need for specific access to the face, such as while visiting a bank or while obtaining a personal care service involving the face, but only to the extent necessary for the temporary removal;
  • any person while the person is in a swimming pool, lake, or similar body of water;
  • any person who is voting, assisting a voter, serving as a poll watcher, or actively administering an election, but wearing a face-covering is strongly encouraged;
  • any person who is actively providing or obtaining access to religious worship, but wearing a face-covering is strongly encouraged;
  • any person while the person is giving a speech for broadcast or to an audience; or
  • any person in a county (a) that meets the requisite criteria promulgated by the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) regarding minimal cases of COVID-19, and (b) whose county judge has affirmatively opted-out of this face-covering requirement by filing with TDEM the required face-covering attestation form—provided, however, that wearing a face-covering is highly recommended, and every county is strongly encouraged to follow these face-covering standards.

I bet you're one of those geeks I see at Walmart. The ones who wear a mask and observe the arrow stickers on the floor, that direct the way you push your little cart. I chuckle at idiots like yourself: Surrender you'd better, law to the letter. But your cheesy little mask isn't going to save your mangy ass. In fact, you're probably already infected and don't even know it. Two weeks from now, you'll probably be hooked up to a respirator with tubes stuck in your veins, gasping for breath and desperately trying to make yourself right with God.

Your family will have a nice funeral, then there'll be an estate sale. I'll probably attend the sale and buy up whatever valuables you have for mere pennies on the dollar, and make a fair profit.

Yeah, I'm a son of a bitch, but oh well.

Last edited:
Who's confused? A hoax is a hoax is a hoax. It doesn't matter what "experts" tell you- they also say two planes brought down three buildings in near identical fashion and that JFK's assasination was a lone gunmann and that communism was gonna take over the world and that Iraq had wmd's-
Oh, and Demopublicans all agree. There is an "expert consensus" if ever there was one- morons.

Yes, it's too late for these Trump cocksocket sycophants. And their citizens.

94,360 new cases in the U.S. in the last 48 hours.

Meanwhile, when the anointed one was being worshiped

Did you see this level of stupid?

The face mask mandate does NOT apply to the following:
  • any person younger than 10 years of age;
  • any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering;
  • any person while the person is consuming food or drink, or is seated at a restaurant to eat or drink; <<<<<--- Hilarious.
  • any person while the person is (a) exercising outdoors or engaging in physical activity outdoors, and (b) maintaining a safe distance from other people not in the same household;
  • any person while the person is driving alone or with passengers who are part of the same household as the driver;
  • any person obtaining a service that requires temporary removal of the face-covering for security surveillance, screening, or a need for specific access to the face, such as while visiting a bank or while obtaining a personal care service involving the face, but only to the extent necessary for the temporary removal;
  • any person while the person is in a swimming pool, lake, or similar body of water;
  • any person who is voting, assisting a voter, serving as a poll watcher, or actively administering an election, but wearing a face-covering is strongly encouraged;
  • any person who is actively providing or obtaining access to religious worship, but wearing a face-covering is strongly encouraged;
  • any person while the person is giving a speech for broadcast or to an audience; or
  • any person in a county (a) that meets the requisite criteria promulgated by the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) regarding minimal cases of COVID-19, and (b) whose county judge has affirmatively opted-out of this face-covering requirement by filing with TDEM the required face-covering attestation form—provided, however, that wearing a face-covering is highly recommended, and every county is strongly encouraged to follow these face-covering standards.

Are these Babbling Abbott's new rules for Texans?
Hell, I knew this was coming.
Your shut down was a fucking joke.
Allowing open container laws to lapse so people could buy food and booze from their favorite restaurants.
And now I'm hearing that HALF of the cases are just "coronavirus", a bad cold, but being reported as COVID.
As your Houston hospitals overflow and send patients to Montgomery and Fort Bend county hospitals.
The fucking level of denial by the azzhats in Texas astounds me.

Forum List

Back