BREAKING "Putin signed a law that allows only wine produced in Muscovy to be called "champagne". What will be EU reaction to this?

That is a strange story, but Moet Hennesy bowed to Russian demands. Now, their production in Russia will be called a 'sparkling wine'. Nothing special actually, just business.

I wonder how this awkward decision from the Russian part will promote the Russian production.

That is a strange story, but Moet Hennesy bowed to Russian demands. Now, their production in Russia will be called a 'sparkling wine'. Nothing special actually, just business.

I wonder how this awkward decision from the Russian part will promote the Russian production.
If the EU winemakers want to sell their 'sparkling wine' as 'Champagne' in Russia they should allow Russian winemakers to sell their 'sparkling wine' as 'Champagne' in the EU. I think, American politicians must care about American winemakers, too.

If the EU winemakers want to sell their 'sparkling wine' as 'Champagne' in Russia they should allow Russian winemakers to sell their 'sparkling wine' as 'Champagne' in the EU. I think, American politicians must care about American winemakers, too.
I don't think it happens. For the EU, champagne is a sort of wine being produced in Champagne province (maybe some other ones) of France.

this is your 'Champagne'

google T.
"The authorities are turning Muscovy into a real country of liars. They are trying to destroy reality, to raise their own fakes to the rank of a standard"

www.svoboda.org

I don't think it happens. For the EU, champagne is a sort of wine being produced in Champagne province (maybe some other ones) of France.
And "diesel" is a sort of heat engine, produced in Germany only, isn't it?

this is your 'Champagne'

Both Russian and EU sparkling wines hardly can be compared with California Champagne. And the European winemakers just afraid of fair competition.

Diesel is not named after a geographical region.

It is named after surname of the inventor, and was a brandname until it was genericized (as well as many other brandnames).
Do you really think, that 'Scotch tape' should be produced only in Scotland and Polonium only in Poland?

"
France has hit back at a new Russian law ordering French champagne makers to label their bottles as sparkling wine.
France has strict rules protecting its bubbly, meaning to be called champagne it must be from the French region that shares the name.
But under Russia's new law, only local producers can call their drinks "shampanskoye" - the Russian equivalent of champagne.
France's main champagne industry group called the law "unacceptable"."

EU has to stop moscow´s oil - gas (stolen from Siberian natives ) in the retaliati

It is named after surname of the inventor, and was a brandname until it was genericized (as well as many other brandnames).
Do you really think, that 'Scotch tape' should be produced only in Scotland and Polonium only in Poland?
To tell you the truth, I don't particularly care about those name wars. If Russia wants to name their sparkling wine a champagne, it is basically their right. If European countries want to name as champagne only the wine from Champagne province, it is their right too.

Simply, I find it more logical to call wine as champagne which is produced in Champagne rather than in Krasnodar region.

Forum List

Back