Breaking. Oakland has ALSO filed a lawsuit against corrupt NFL.yahoo!!!

This is actually not breaking.It was announced in the bay area in California about a couple weeks ago which was just in time for Christmas for Oakland fans.:beer::clap2::dance:Its breaking for everybody else around here though obviously since nobody else mentioned it. I just waited as long as i did to mention this now because I wanted everybody to see how st louis kicked butt in THEIR lawsuit against the NFL first AND won.:clap2: this is what you can expect.LOL

And just think, the City of Oakland has an even stronger case, and can really stick the screws to the Traiders and NFL. They'll be screaming bloody mercy that they would only have to pay $24 million + attorney's fees.
:2up:

I kept saying the last several months that st louis was kicking ass in their lawsuit against the corrupt NFL. I also admit however I also said many times-"Man I am beginning to think the politicians in Oakland have all been bought off by the NFL. That was the ONLY thing that made any sense because it made no sense that it took this long to happen.should have happened over a year ago.:mad:

The other reason i thought that was the only thing that made any sense why they did not file the lawsuit like st louis did was because as i said many times,Oakland has an even STRONGER case against the NFL than st Louis did so if st louis won,then Imagine how Oakland will CRUSH the NFL in THEIR lawsuit?:yes_text12::dance:

Everybody here should listen to this short 4 minute video in this link that says Chris Leighton in it. after you click it on,He is the one leading the charge in the lawsuit.

Chris Leighton

I got to talk to him once about it last week and he told me the REASON it did take so long for Oakland to file the lawsuit was because Oakland after losing their team once before and trying to stop the move,for a long time they did not want to try and fight it and go through all that again But they had to be convinced that NFL relocations are TEN TIMES more difficult to have now than they were back in the early 80's when traiter Al Davis moved them to LA. Had the NFL relocation rules been in place back then that are in place now,Al Davis would NEVER have been allowed to move the Raiders to LA back then.:)

You certainly make an interesting case.

I hope you are right. Though I would like to see an NFL team in Las Vegas, I do NOT want it to be the Raiders.
I am NOT a Raiders fan. But I am a BIG fan of the Raiders staying in Oakland.
I did not like it when the Raiders were in LA and I don't want to see them move now.

same here.i also am not a Raiders fan but you are so right,they belong in oakland. Them not playing in oakland is like the yankees leaving new york for vegas.I mean their identity is new york which is why they are called the bronx bombers.

The name Raiders without Oakland in front of it just doesnt work. when they were in LA anytime they said Los Angeles Raiders,it sounded so childish,you just couldnt put los angeles raides in the same name with NFL,they sounded like an arena football team or something like that.

I am glad you see unlike most people that have come on here,that oakland has a very strong case against the NFL. The reason i am very confidant that vegas will have a new team but it wont be the raiders is because st louis won THEIR case against the NFL and Oaklands case is even stronger than st louis's was and not only that,is even stronger than clevelands was when they sued the NFL and modell when he tried to take the Browns team name to balttimore.

when cleveland threatened the lawsuit against him both him and the NFL backed down and settled the case out of court avoiding trial with modell settling by leaving the name in Cleveland .

I see the same thing happening with the raiders.

speaking of that,guess what? the trial date is set in two years from now,

55713680_792773674426964_5164744438827712512_n.png

you think davis is going to want to go to court and fight this? :abgg2q.jpg:He tried hard as hell to get the courts to drop the lawsuit but to no avail .you KNOW he was crying when he heard the news the lawsuit would not be dropped.:lmao::haha::laughing0301:

It is not looking good for davis at all,recently at an anti trust itigation hearing where all the NFL owners were present,THEY all had their lawyers with them and they were all appointed by the NFL. David had his lawyer with him as well but guess what? the difference is he was the ONLY owner who did not have the NFL appoint one for him,he had to hire his OWN? you think the other owners are going to back davis up in oaklands lawsuit? Not happening.:laughing0301::iyfyus.jpg:

Wow...you certainly seem an expert in this stuff.

What I don't understand is - why don;t cities get 20-30 year guarantees from the teams they build the stadiums for? Have some cities done that? Or is that illegal somehow? Do you know?

Not really.Its just unlike the majority of posters at USMB,I i talk with people in oakland who are on top of this so because of that.I actually know whats really going on.

Well compared to the many ignorant posters that have come on here such as WRONGwinger, who seriously believe the LAMESTREAM media in what THEY are reporting that the stadium will be NFL ready for the 2020 season,then I for sure look like an expert in that way thats for sure.:D

USMB has the most ignorant sports fans.you venture outside of USMB and i am preaching to the choir to posters on sports message boards when i say that the stadium wont be ready for the 2020 season.Thats common knowledge OUTSIDE of USMB.:rolleyes: the people that keep coming on here saying I am full of shit that the stadium wont be ready for the 2020 season,THEY are the ones full of shit and are going to look stupid with egg on their face next season when the stadium is NOT ready yet.:rolleyes:

Actually that seems to be what cities DO actually.I cant speak for other cities but I do know in the Rams case,that was done when they moved to st louis in 95.

when they moved to st louis in 95 the agreement with the city and the team was the team signed a 20 year stadium lease agreement with them. I did not know about that but many other Ram fans in LA DID and that is why unlike them,they were very optimistic about the rams coming back in 20 years because it was a horrible deal and a terrible lease agreement,the rams were advised by attorneys NOT to sign the deal but the then owner of the Rams back then,the evil bitch Georgia Frontiere,she was so eager to get the Rams to her hometown city that she did not look at details in the contract and was eager to sign it.

The deal called for the city to keep the stadium in the top 1/3 tier of stadiums in the NFL and back then many of the older stadiums were getting new stadiums built when the rams moved there so the newer stadiums that got built at that time,all made the dome in st louis look like a junkyard,it was so outdated even thought it was still ONLY 20 years old.:D Because the city violated the terms of the lease agreement back then and did not honor the terms of the contract,the team was free to leave.

That is ANOTHER perfect example how USMB has the most ignorant sports posters at this board i have ever seen because even though i spelled that out to them DUMMIES style MANY times,it just went through one ear and out the other with them when i tried explaining to them the Rams were coming back to LA.:rolleyes: they werr sooooo sure i was wrong and they were right that when they were proven wrong,they got angry like a child everytime i asked them the simple question what was it they were saying about the rams never coming back to LA? why do people around here act like its the end of the world to admit they were wrong? :rolleyes:there were only like a couple of people back then that had the foresight that I did to see the obvious that they were coming back and i knew what i was talking about.:rolleyes:

whats REALLY unbelieveable is even after all this time,you would think after THAT happened,posters would wake up and understand i know what i am talking about. The Rams have been back in LA three years now right? well FIVE years ago when i first came on here and said they would be back in LA,the majhority of the posters thought i was on drugs and living in a fantasyland,you would think after i proved them wrong THEN,they would listen to me by NOW and see that THEY are being fools believing the media what they tell them that the stadium in Vegas will be ready in 2020:laughing0301:

The people that have come on here and said I am full of shit that the stadium will not be ready for the 2020 season,i guarantee they wont show their faces around here on this thread when they are proven wrong.:laughing0301: they did not show their faces when I called them out on this thread three years ago asking them what they had to say now after i proved them wrong when they kept saying the rams would never come back to LA. as you can see,they were cowards.:laughing0301:

Lets take a look at the progress of the Vegas stiadium.Here is a recent pic of the stadium. We are at the end of april now,there have been reports in the papers there has been a delay in the progress,can anybody with a brain look at this picture here and SERIOUSLY tell me this stadium will be ready by august 2020 to host an NFL game? where are the seats other the the dozen or so in this pic? ,wheres the roof of the stadium?:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::iyfyus.jpg:

safe_image.php

Last edited:
the LAMESTREAM media lies as always,here saying the raiders expect to be ready to move to vegas in 2020 holding out facts that the stadium is way behind schedule and wont be ready by 2020two years.:abgg2q.jpg:

Greg Jones

Vegas is SO fickle as well (it used to be anyway).

I doubt the Raiders will workout there either...especially if they go through a long period of lousy teams (like they have lately).

Oh yeah they will bomb there even worse than they did when they were in LA ESPECIALLY if they come there and are as crappy as they are now as you just mentioned. They will have the same exact problem the Rams had when they were in st louis.the first four years the Rams were in st louis and were a crappy team and the joke of the league,these were the kinds of crowds they always drew all the time.:abgg2q.jpg::laughing0301::lmao: I spoke to some friends back then i have in st louis and they said it was like that every sunday,that getting tickets even on the front lower level,was easy as pie.:lol:

Only the brief five year period of the warner/faulk years when they had the greatest show on turf which lasted a brief five years,that was the only time they ever packed the stadium. the first four years there when they were crappy and the last 10 years pus as well,THESE were the kind of crowds that were the norm in st louis the majority of their years there.It WILL be the same story for the expansion NFL team that comes to vegas as well. WHY would they support an NFL team when they wont even support their OWN college UNLV team?:rolleyes::cuckoo::abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:
the LAMESTREAM media lies as always,here saying the raiders expect to be ready to move to vegas in 2020 holding out facts that the stadium is way behind schedule and wont be ready by 2020two years.:abgg2q.jpg:

Greg Jones

I doubt the Raiders will workout there either...especially if they go through a long period of lousy teams (like they have lately).

Oh yeah they will bomb there even worse than they did when they were in LA ESPECIALLY if they come there and are as crappy as they are now as you just mentioned. They will have the same exact problem the Rams had when they were in st louis.the first four years the Rams were in st louis and were a crappy team and the joke of the league,these were the kinds of crowds they always drew all the time.:abgg2q.jpg::laughing0301::lmao: I spoke to some friends back then i have in st louis and they said it was like that every sunday,that getting tickets even on the front lower level,was easy as pie.:lol:

Only the brief five year period of the warner/faulk years when they had the greatest show on turf which lasted a brief five years,that was the only time they ever packed the stadium. the first four years there when they were crappy and the last 10 years pus as well,THESE were the kind of crowds that were the norm in st louis the majority of their years there.It WILL be the same story for the expansion NFL team that comes to vegas as well. WHY would they support an NFL team when they wont even support their OWN college UNLV team?:rolleyes::cuckoo::abgg2q.jpg:

You read the post before I got the chance to post the pics of what i was talking about on the horrible fan support the Rams had for 15 of the 20 years they were there in st louis. The NFL is totally killing themselves with all these relocations. This was the kinds of crowds the Rams drew every sunday 15 of the 20 years they were in st louis,this was the norm for their crowds every sunday. the majority of their years there.:haha::laughing0301:

st-louis-rams-stadium.png

20151101_152305.0.jpg

and look at this.,this is what the normal crowds the chargers had in san diego EVERY sunday.

qualcomm16_top.jpg

4e30add3bcd40.image.jpg

I think you can easily agree with me from these two pics that the chargers packed thenm in every sunday agreed? LOL

unfuckling believable that the chargers left THAT for THIS below.:abgg2q.jpg::rolleyes:

DuARZ99U4AAhVwk.jpg

dean spanos has egg on his face for this stupid move and thew NFL owners are pissed ayt him for moving the chargers. same thing will happen to davis.i can these two dumb and dumber.the rams move to LA was the ONLY NFL team that WAS justiffied..

Last edited:
THATS what would happen in vegas with the new expansion NFL team they will get as well. the relocation bombed in st louis for the rams,it is bombing MAJOR big time with the chargers in LA.same as it bombed for the raiders when THEY were in LA, and the NFL wants to risk ANOTHER NFL team bombing for a FOURTH tiime with another asinine relocation AGAIN?????????:rolleyes::cuckoo: WTF?

Greg Jones

You read the post before I got the chance to post the pics of what i was talking about on the horrible fan support the Rams had for 15 of the 20 years they were there in st louis. The NFL is totally killing themselves with all these relocations. This was the kinds of crowds the Rams drew every sunday 15 of the 20 years they were in st louis,this was the norm for their crowds every sunday. the majority of their years there.:haha::laughing0301:

20151101_152305.0.jpg

and look at this.,this is what the normal crowds the chargers had in san diego EVERY sunday.

qualcomm16_top.jpg

4e30add3bcd40.image.jpg

I think you can easily agree with me from these two pics that the chargers packed thenm in every sunday agreed? LOL

unfuckling believable that the chargers left THAT for THIS below.:abgg2q.jpg::rolleyes:

DuARZ99U4AAhVwk.jpg

dean spanos has egg on his face for this stupid move and thew NFL owners are pissed ayt him for moving the chargers. same thing will happen to davis.i can these two dumb and dumber.the rams move to LA was the ONLY NFL team that WAS justiffied..

Yeah...I felt REALLY bad for the Charger fans. They were filling the stadium and the franchise pulled out for pure greed..nothing else.

I realize NFL owners are business people.

But I also believe in karma...and the owners of the Chargers will get theirs one day for pulling out of San Diego. Pulling out of a great city like San Diego for no other reason then a little bit more profit when you are already stinking rich is pretty pathetic.

Greg Jones

20151101_152305.0.jpg

qualcomm16_top.jpg

4e30add3bcd40.image.jpg

DuARZ99U4AAhVwk.jpg

Yeah...I felt REALLY bad for the Charger fans. They were filling the stadium and the franchise pulled out for pure greed..nothing else.

But I also believe in karma...and the owners of the Chargers will get theirs one day for pulling out of San Diego. Pulling out of a great city like San Diego for no other reason then a little bit more profit when you are already stinking rich is pretty pathetic.

these NFL owners are greedy selfish assholes. I GUARANTEE if they knew that they would profit in several millions from killing their own mother,they would. Do NOT believe for a second they would not do that.

The NFL is a sad state when new stadiums take priority over history and tradition. as i said,the Rams move back to LA was the ONLY one that was justified.the majority of their years there as i got done proving,,they had half empty stadiums that looked like a ghosttown just as you see in those pics.

The Oakland fans and the San Diego fans as you saw in that pic,they did support their team.every sunday both those cities ALWAYS packed the house. there should be a law that as long as a city supports their team as oakland always has and san diego did for 55 years,that they should not be allowed to move. st louis i totally get the horrible support the Rams had there but not the raiders and chargers.fuck the NFL is what I always say.

Last edited:

Greg Jones

20151101_152305.0.jpg

qualcomm16_top.jpg

4e30add3bcd40.image.jpg

DuARZ99U4AAhVwk.jpg

these NFL owners are greedy selfish assholes. I GUARANTEE if they knew that they would profit in several millions from killing their own mother,they would. Do NOT believe for a second they would not do that.

The NFL is a sad state when new stadiums take priority over history and tradition. as i said,the Rams move back to LA was the ONLY one that was justified.the majority of their years there as i got done proving,,they had half empty stadiums that looked like a ghosttown just as you see in those pics.

The Oakland fans and the San Diego fans as you saw in that pic,they did support their team.every sunday both those cities ALWAYS packed the house. there should be a law that as long as a city supports their team as oakland always has and san diego did for 55 years,that they should not be allowed to move. st louis i totally get the horrible support the Rams had there but not the raiders and chargers.fuck the NFL is what I always say.

the NFL REALLY needs to be called the NO FAN LOYALTY LEAGUE.that describes them to a TEE.:mad:

you are co correct,i guarantee sometime in their life,karma will bite dean spanos and these other owners in the ass for doing this,that is just plain wrong and selfish and they will suffer in the end in their life.

20151101_152305.0.jpg

qualcomm16_top.jpg

4e30add3bcd40.image.jpg

DuARZ99U4AAhVwk.jpg

the NFL REALLY needs to be called the NO FAN LOYALTY LEAGUE.that describes them to a TEE.:mad:

The NFL should just state that any new franchise MUST stay put for at least 50 years if there is a minimum attendance level achieved (like 80%).

Of course, since the owners actually run the league - they will NEVER do that.

Hey McRocket it is comedy gold that people here are saying LA RAM is the one full of shit saying the Vegas stadium will not be ready in 2020.

Here is proof only an idiot would think the vegas stadium will be ready that year.again here is a recent pic of it under construction.the next football season after this year will just be a year and a couple of months away from now,does THIS stadium look like its making progress to be ready by then?:abgg2q.jpg::laughing0301:

safe_image.php

Lets now take a look at the Inglewood stadium that is right on track to be ready that same year. This article from 2018 says it was 40% ready back then

THIS one from jan 2019 says it is 60% ready,they look like THEY are making good progress,vegas is not.all the ingleowood stadium has lef to do is atach the roof,thats it.

dont you agree this stadium DOES look ready for 2020?

New video shows Rams' stadium in Inglewood is 60 percent done

this stadium DOES look rwady by 2020 to go.

D2TrRahU4AETuNI.jpg

Notice how the pro vegas people have high tailed it out of here and the cat has got their tongue after i took them to school that the Inglewood project is right on cue looking ready for the 2020 season. From these pics,i would say that is no lie that they are 60% ready. yet you never here any of the media people say things like vegas looks 60% ready.:abgg2q.jpg:

In FACT,get this,the pro vegas people are REALLY going to be in panic mode now to admit being wrong when they see the latest information on it.Here is Sam Farmer saying the same thing about the vegas project i have been saying.comedy gold.:abgg2q.jpg::laughing0301::laughing0301::lmao:

@OakStadiumWatch

1. Sam Farmer‏Verified account @LATimesfarmer Apr 27
    Looks a little quiet on that Raiders construction site. Better step it up.

:2up::abgg2q.jpg::iyfyus.jpg::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laugh:

Last edited:
here is what one of the objective oakland fans said when someone said the vegas stadioum will be reayd for 2020

That is funny as shit they done nothing going on 3 weeks that I no

He nailed it.:2up::beer:

Wow, I wonder what kind of penalties and contractor, and possibly city will face should the stadium not be ready? Can the Raiders stay in Oakland another year? This seems like a huge cluster all around.

Hey McRocket it is comedy gold that people here are saying LA RAM is the one full of shit saying the Vegas stadium will not be ready in 2020.

Here is proof only an idiot would think the vegas stadium will be ready that year.again here is a recent pic of it under construction.the next football season after this year will just be a year and a couple of months away from now,does THIS stadium look like its making progress to be ready by then?:abgg2q.jpg::laughing0301:

safe_image.php

Lets now take a look at the Inglewood stadium that is right on track to be ready that same year. This article from 2018 says it was 40% ready back then

THIS one from jan 2019 says it is 60% ready,they look like THEY are making good progress,vegas is not.all the ingleowood stadium has lef to do is atach the roof,thats it.

D2TrRahU4AETuNI.jpg

92019014-edcb-4fcc-abd8-1e8b46cbbd09-large16x9_41619raiders.jpg

There's a better picture of the Vegas one.

And remember we are talking about two completely different stadiums. LA is a 5 billion dollar stadium, Vegas is building a 1.8 billion dollar one.

I heard Vegas is determining when/if they will need to start a 3rd shift to open Aug 4th, but so far that isn't necessary.

Not sure if construction goes the same as the plant I started, but there the ground work and steel framing went PAINFULLY slow. Then poof, it was skinned and looked almost done in a month. It was amazing how we went from sticks to a real looking building.

safe_image.php

D2TrRahU4AETuNI.jpg

And remember we are talking about two completely different stadiums. LA is a 5 billion dollar stadium, Vegas is building a 1.8 billion dollar one.

I heard Vegas is determining when/if they will need to start a 3rd shift to open Aug 4th, but so far that isn't necessary.

Not sure if construction goes the same as the plant I started, but there the ground work and steel framing went PAINFULLY slow. Then poof, it was skinned and looked almost done in a month. It was amazing how we went from sticks to a real looking building.

damn straight it WILL be neccessary.LOL Dont fall for the media propaganda,it will never be ready by the regular season.:abgg2q.jpg:

Look at the inglewood stadium,they got the roof ready for attachment,this one doesnt have that ready.:abgg2q.jpg:

theres a REASON why sam farmer made this statememnt about it recently.LOL

Sam Farmer‏Verified account @LATimesfarmer Apr 27
Looks a little quiet on that Raiders construction site. Better step it up.:2up:

Farmer has NOT said that about the Ingelwood site cause IT is right on schedule.

Last edited:
Wow, I wonder what kind of penalties and contractor, and possibly city will face should the stadium not be ready? Can the Raiders stay in Oakland another year? This seems like a huge cluster all around.

considering the city of oakland has an even stronger case against the NFL against relocation than clevelands did when cleveland sued Modell and the NFL against relocation when Modell threaten ed to take the team name and colors with him but to avoid court,settleout of of court and left the name and colors,I think you mean will the EXPANSION team be in vegas in 2020.:abgg2q.jpg:

a huge cluster indeed.the whole thing is a mess.:2up:

safe_image.php

D2TrRahU4AETuNI.jpg

damn straight it WILL be neccessary.LOL Dont fall for the media propaganda,it will never be ready by the regular season.:abgg2q.jpg:

Look at the inglewood stadium,they got the roof ready for attachment,this one doesnt have that ready.:abgg2q.jpg:

Farmer has NOT said that about the Ingelwood site cause IT is right on schedule.

The LA stadium is still scheduled to be ready for the 2019 season right? :04:

These stadiums must all be huge cluster Effs. What do you expects, government is heavily involved. I was talking to one of the major contractors to the Eagles Citizens Bank Park and he said that one of the HVAC subs forgot to install any heating systems in ALL the super boxes. They had to go back and retrofit all of them. It was a total zoo.

safe_image.php

D2TrRahU4AETuNI.jpg

All the more reason to be confidant the vegas stadium will not be ready for the 2020 season because the media initially in 2016 when the Rams moved back to LA were also saying Inglewood would be ready for the 2019. season,how did that one turn out?:D I had my doubts back then as well thinking the media was being too optimistic with their 2019 prediction,so many things can go wrong in these projects causing a delay.:D

Sam Farmer is the most objective sportswrtier i know, he calls it like he sees it and like i said,he hasnt been saying that about Inglewood that they better step it up.there is a REASON for that.:abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:

safe_image.php

D2TrRahU4AETuNI.jpg

All the more reason to be confidant the vegas stadium will not be ready for the 2020 season because the media initially in 2016 when the Rams moved back to LA were also saying Inglewood would be ready for the 2019. season,how did that one turn out?:D I had my doubts back then as well thinking the media was being too optimistic with their 2019 prediction,so many things can go wrong in these projects causing a delay.:D

Sam Farmer is the most objective sportswrtier i know, he calls it like he sees it and like i said,he hasnt been saying that about Inglewood that they better step it up.there is a REASON for that.:abgg2q.jpg:

the other reason I am confidant the Raiders wont be in Oakland is They don't have funding and now are facing a lean and litigation. That stadium will be built for unlv only if it does get built. People around here dont understand how much trouble Mark Davis and the NFL really are in.

Davis is so cash strapped,its comedy gold unless you are a raider fan of course.He will never be able to afford the relocation fee like Kroneke can for the Rams. Kroneke is the richest owner in the NFL.He is a businessman and real estate developer,he has a great mind for things like this and knows how to get things done. Davis is a complete moron and baffon,oakland fans hate him and want him out as owner.

this vegas stadium situation is the biggest clusterfuck of an operation the NFL has ever dug a hole for themselves in other than being stupid enough to make LA A two team city ignoring what people like sam farmer said that LA is only a one team football city,that two teams in LA have NEVER worked yet they somehow thought the chargers would succeed in LA with the Rams as well.:rolleyes:

safe_image.php

D2TrRahU4AETuNI.jpg

I was just giving you crap. It will be interesting to see if they make it.

As for the name, I don't ever think Modell really cared about the Browns name and logo which is why he didn't fight for it. Not really a fan favorite logo (outside Cleveland), where as the Raider one I think carries more "cool" factor throughout the US.

I don't really see any legal merits to their case. If Amazon moves from Seattle, I don't think they should have to change their name. Their lease expired, and they didn't want to stay, and not like the Raiders is solely an Oakland team. It's an anti-trust suit that free movement of an owner of his business can't move of his own will (kinda the opposite of an anti-trust case).

It seems their case is built on NFL teams giving favoritism to cities without NFL teams over current NFL cities. Or that other owners are enriching themselves by getting relocation money from the raiders. But that payment literally goes against the antitrust theory because the Raiders have to spend 370 million or whatever to leave. That's not an incentive from the league to move.

MAYBE it could be used as a method to pressure the Raiders to settle, knowing dirty laundry might be aired. But even then, I still don't see the Raiders giving up their name. It's tough to say the NFL pressured the Raiders to move, when for the Raiders to move, they had to pay the NFL 378 million to do so.

Forum List

Back