Breaking News: White House Met Three Romney Advisors To Draft Obamacare!!

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
They beans are starting to spill. From Cains failure as a CEO at Godfathers Pizza, Perry's soft heart for Illegal Aliens and now it is confirmed that Romney's own advisors went to the White House to help draft Obamacare. This is terrible and it is exactly what Governor Palin warned us about with these Rinos, Crony Capitalizm. It's true. These politicians are ate up with it. I want to see how Romney will spin this one.

Romney Advisors | White House | Romneycare | Obamacare | The Daily Caller

The Obama administration may have relied much more heavily on Romney’s Massachusetts healthcare legislation as a blueprint for Obamacare than was previously believed.

White House visitor logs obtained by NBC News revealed that three of Romney’s healthcare advisers had up to a dozen meetings with senior administration officials, including one in the Oval Office presided over by President Barack Obama.

“They really wanted to know how we can take that same approach we used in Massachusetts and turn that into a national model,” MIT economist and Romney healthcare adviser Jon Gruber told NBC.

What’s more, the records show Gruber was given a $380,000 contract in 2009 to help draft new legislation based on the Massachusetts healthcare law.

The White House tapped another Romney adviser, John Kingsdale, who in 2006 was put in charge of the state agency tasked with implementing Romney’s healthcare plan. In 2009, Kingsdale attended three White House meetings on healthcare.

A third Romney adviser, John McDonough, attended four White House healthcare meetings. McDonough shared an “innovator in health” award with the Massachusetts governor, after leading a health advocacy group in Massachusetts and working with Romney as a consumer advocate on the legislation.

Though Obama has repeatedly said that he modeled Obamacare on Romney’s healthcare plan, Romney has tried to wash his hands of the association.

Last edited:
I heard about this this morning...hardly breaking.

And as to it? Obama wants to go up against Romey just so he can tell the American people that he used RomneyCare as a model. We've known this.

Where is the news in that? Big DUH factor I suppose.

If he gets the nod it will be funny watching the Dems attack Romney over this.

Yeah, who would you rather vote for: The one who did it in one state or the one who did it nationwide?

Last edited:

Yeah, whih would you rather vote for: The one who did it in one state or the one who did it nationwide?

why would he attack him? he'll effusively talk about how romneycare was the inspiration for obamacare.

that will make the right insane. he doesn't *have* to attack.

Yeah, who would you rather vote for: The one who did it in one state or the one who did it nationwide?
Geez, I'd almost vote for Ron Paul over Rimney. Almost.

We'll see how the primaries play out.
In '08 Romney did OK in FL, having puked out in Iowa and NH. With FL moving its primary up I think Perry will do well there, taking the wind out of Romney's sails. Super Tues will be the decider though. Romney did worse than Huckabee, who I thought was a crap candidate.

Romney's program for healthcare was carried out in just one of fifty laboratories which we proudly tout is the genious of our federalism It's much easier to fix or abandon a state program compared to an overarching federal program. I have no problem with Romney's work on Massachusetts healthcare access issue, and see it as an asset; I'm pretty sure that folks who aren't dogmatists or purists will be likewise unperturbed. Surely he learned something by doing it there.

Last edited:
Romney's program for healthcare was carried out in just one of fifty laboratories which we proudly tout is the genious of our federalism It's much easier to fix or abandon a state program compared to an overarching federal program. I have no problem with Romney's work on Massachusetts healthcare access issue, and see it as an asset; I'm pretty sure that folks who aren't dogmatists or purists will be likewise unperturbed. Surely he learned something by doing it there.

Unlike Obamacare it was certainly Constitutional. But that doesn't maek it a bright idea or a success. In fact it has been a dismal failure, with exploding costs and desperate containment measures by the successor governor.
And Romney has not disavowed it at all.
So what do we make of someone who made a tremendous drastic mistake in governance, one that demonstrates his basic philosophy, and yet does not admit its wrongness, despite ample evidence? Is that really what we want in the Oval Office? No, I think not.

New Topics

Forum List

Back