Breaking News and Confirmed: Arizona Senate Passes Presidential Eligibility Bill 21-9

Gov. Jan Brewer on Wednesday shot down an effort by the Arizona Legislature to require presidential candidates to provide proof of citizenship in order to get on the state's ballot.

In her veto letter, Brewer said House Bill 2177 "creates significant new problems while failing to do anything constructive for Arizona."

The House and Senate could override the governor's veto with a two-thirds majority vote in each chamber, but on Monday, such a move appeared unlikely

Brewer vetoes presidential 'birther' bill

Two things, First, Gov. Brewer is exactly correct, the bill does nothing constructive for Arizona and I'm very sure the Sec. of State who has said publicly the bill has constitutional issues, our state would find itself in another court room. The other thing is this, regardless of the outcome of this bill President Obama is unlikely to win Arizona in the gerneral election against pretty much any Republican candidate.

Agreed on both points. I can only imagine she listened to her secretary of state who had previously said this would be a nightmare.

One would hope so, I have contended that issues like this one especially belong in the courts and for our legislature to take up matters such as these with ALL the problems facing our state, it would seem they would have better things to do. There are many Republicans in Arizona that didn't seem to share the legislature's opinion on this subject when it comes to the Presidents birthplace, among those, Jeff Flake, John McCain, and many others...

Republican Arizona Congressman Jeff Flake believes that birthers should “accept the reality” and acknowledge the fact that President Obama was born in the US.

“Barack Obama is a citizen of the country,” Flake said in an interview with CNN on Thursday. “We ought to get off this kick. And there are plenty of differences we have with the president between Republicans and Democrats than to spend time on something like this.”Jeff Flake Birthers | | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

One of things lost here was the Gov. also put her veto on the campus gun bill which would have allowed students to carry guns on campus at Arizonas public Univirsites and schools. Again, our legislature seems to be lost in legislation such as this and unable to come to grips with the real problems of our state and thats a huge deficit that was left by the previous administration (now Homeland Security Director), just to name a few.

Birthers embarrass themselves
Birthers embarrass the Republican party

They don't embarrass President Obama

Ok, then the country can be treated to this:

The 2012 democratic convention.

upsidedown002.jpg

http://hotair.cachefly.net/media.michellemalkin.com/archives/images/upsidedown002.jpg

Agreed on both points. I can only imagine she listened to her secretary of state who had previously said this would be a nightmare.

One would hope so, I have contended that issues like this one especially belong in the courts and for our legislature to take up matters such as these with ALL the problems facing our state, it would seem they would have better things to do. There are many Republicans in Arizona that didn't seem to share the legislature's opinion on this subject when it comes to the Presidents birthplace, among those, Jeff Flake, John McCain, and many others...

Republican Arizona Congressman Jeff Flake believes that birthers should “accept the reality” and acknowledge the fact that President Obama was born in the US.

“Barack Obama is a citizen of the country,” Flake said in an interview with CNN on Thursday. “We ought to get off this kick. And there are plenty of differences we have with the president between Republicans and Democrats than to spend time on something like this.”Jeff Flake Birthers | | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

One of things lost here was the Gov. also put her veto on the campus gun bill which would have allowed students to carry guns on campus at Arizonas public Univirsites and schools. Again, our legislature seems to be lost in legislation such as this and unable to come to grips with the real problems of our state and thats a huge deficit that was left by the previous administration (now Homeland Security Director), just to name a few.

obama is an embarrassment to most Americans. At least those who care about this country.

“Barack Obama is a citizen of the country,” Flake said in an interview with CNN on Thursday. “We ought to get off this kick. And there are plenty of differences we have with the president between Republicans and Democrats than to spend time on something like this.”

Jeff Flake Birthers | | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

A lot of birthers and partial birthers bring up the question, 'why doesn't Obama just show his long form and put it to rest?'

That bold part is why. The more time Republicans spent infighting each other over this, the less time they spend shooting grape shot at Obama's and the Dem's policies. It's a distracting issue that plays well for the left.

Very true!........Obama does a good enough job of embarrassing himself.

You know, with things like accusing innocent cops with zero facts....Constantly throwing the dirtbags he fills his administration with under the bus.....Insulting Jews with ridiculous, and uninformed Passover statements......And on and on and on and on and on and on and on!

The man is a fuckin' dufus, nothing more!

Last edited:
Ironically Brewer will now get thrown under the bus.

Ironic because she already looks like she was run over by a bus.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Imagine being home waiting for that fossil to come home horny. oh dear god.

I've thought about it and observed her and she seems to be one of those women who used to be hot in their younger years.

I'll bet you'd still take a little of that white meat, wouldn't you, Malcolm?

Gov. Jan Brewer on Wednesday shot down an effort by the Arizona Legislature to require presidential candidates to provide proof of citizenship in order to get on the state's ballot.

In her veto letter, Brewer said House Bill 2177 "creates significant new problems while failing to do anything constructive for Arizona."

The House and Senate could override the governor's veto with a two-thirds majority vote in each chamber, but on Monday, such a move appeared unlikely

Brewer vetoes presidential 'birther' bill

Two things, First, Gov. Brewer is exactly correct, the bill does nothing constructive for Arizona and I'm very sure the Sec. of State who has said publicly the bill has constitutional issues, our state would find itself in another court room. The other thing is this, regardless of the outcome of this bill President Obama is unlikely to win Arizona in the gerneral election against pretty much any Republican candidate.

Jeff Flake? Damn, how appropriate. John McCain is a wishy-washy opportunist with no principles, and you Arizonans who elected him deserve him.

It isn't a reality until he shows a birth certificate.

“Barack Obama is a citizen of the country,” Flake said in an interview with CNN on Thursday. “We ought to get off this kick. And there are plenty of differences we have with the president between Republicans and Democrats than to spend time on something like this.”

Yeah the Constitution isn't really that important, is it?

Jeff Flake Birthers | | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Again, that pesky Constitution is making waves.

What is a "univirsite?"

Now it heads to the Arizona republican dominated house and then to Governor Jan Brewers desk to be signed. This is going to make the White House implode over this as this is now mainstream thanks to Trump making this constitutional crisis come to light. Now since Arizona Senate has taken the first step in becoming the first state to pass a presidential eligibility bill to make sure a candidate produces more documentation to ensure that they are actually a natural born citizen, I think it will make other states like Texas go ahead and pass theirs with other states following. Obama is in trouble.

Arizona Senate Passes Proof of Eligibility Legislation; One Step Closer To... Got Papers!? | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

As reported, Montana, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Indiana, Connecticut, Missouri and Iowa are pursuing legislation that will require presidential and vice-presidential candidates prove they're Constitutionally Eligible. The Arizona legislation just passed HB 2177 in the Senate and it now moves on to the Arizona House and then to Gov. Brewer for her signature.

Your link is bogus! What is the current status of this bill? I can find no mention of it.

LMFAO!!! I read the comments there by the libs-- OMG, TOO FUNNY!! They're freaking out, spewing and cracked lips- worried their messiah is done~ Liberals would rather the Constitution be usurped than give up power.. Make no mistake about it. Oh well-- TOOO BAD! I'd say that's checkmate once the House passes it.. DingleBarry will HAVE to show a legal BC or not run. Hahahahahahahaha LOLOL Ohhh, it's just too good.

That's something.

The law won't stand up to the Constitution and you talk about usurped?
U.S. Constitution: States conduct the selection of presidential electors in ANY MANNER THEY PLEASE.

That's electors, not candidates being allowed on the ballot. Your reasoning is flawed.

Now it heads to the Arizona republican dominated house and then to Governor Jan Brewers desk to be signed. This is going to make the White House implode over this as this is now mainstream thanks to Trump making this constitutional crisis come to light. Now since Arizona Senate has taken the first step in becoming the first state to pass a presidential eligibility bill to make sure a candidate produces more documentation to ensure that they are actually a natural born citizen, I think it will make other states like Texas go ahead and pass theirs with other states following. Obama is in trouble.

Arizona Senate Passes Proof of Eligibility Legislation; One Step Closer To... Got Papers!? | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

As reported, Montana, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Indiana, Connecticut, Missouri and Iowa are pursuing legislation that will require presidential and vice-presidential candidates prove they're Constitutionally Eligible. The Arizona legislation just passed HB 2177 in the Senate and it now moves on to the Arizona House and then to Gov. Brewer for her signature.

Well, will Obama be impeached after the fact for defauding The American People?

Your link is bogus! What is the current status of this bill? I can find no mention of it.

because it never became law, it died as a bill when the az senate refused to bring a vote on it

because it never became law, it died as a bill when the az senate refused to bring a vote on it

Thank you! That was my impression, but I could not prove it.

Thank you! That was my impression, but I could not prove it.

Does that mean the ultrarightwingnutcases took out that lube and tissues for nothing?

Forum List

Back