Breaking News: Alabama Chief Justice Orders Judges to Just Ignore Pro-Gay Marriage Federal Ruling

You have been smashed every time you try to bring this up.

That is never going to change.

• Banned
EDIT UPDATE: It is being reported that multiple county judges are not issuing marriages licenses. They are abiding by Roy Moores order.

This is outstanding news. The Alabama Chief Justice is taking ethical moral action to stop the travesty of same sex marriage. 80% of Alabamans rejected same sex marriage and the state law should stand.

SCOTUS Allows Gay Marriages in Alabama Setting up Showdown with State 8217 s Chief Justice Mediaite

That will work out as well as this did

80% who are wrong do not make their wrongness right.

Jacksonian democracy cannot invalidate civil liberties except by constitutional amendment, and that will not happen.

Gay marriage will soon be legal in all 50 states and there is not a damn thing social conservatives stuck in the 1950s can do about it. If you people want to keep fighting progress and push more potential voters away from your party by all means, it's your political funeral.

Not true at all. Moore issued a common sense order to protect the will of people in Alabama who 80% reject same sex marriagee. Again.........80%.

I think the people need to be heard and not some fat pig in a black rob. The courts are starting to threatens our democracy!

Bring the issue to the ballot and let the choice of the people stand! This is how democracy works...Or let the legislative make the choice. What ever comes first.

EDIT UPDATE: It is being reported that multiple county judges are not issuing marriages licenses.
They will end up in contempt of court and in their own county jails for six months if any are that foolish.

Nah, they'll be okay. They're caught between a federal order and a dumb ass head of the state judiciary. Inaction is a legit response. I've read a few interviews and they're not taking a stand. They're just not sure what to do.

The Alabama supreme court justice however will likely be removed from office. Again.

Not true at all. Moore issued a common sense order to protect the will of people in Alabama who 80% reject same sex marriagee. Again.........80%.

I think the people need to be heard and not some fat pig in a black rob. The courts are starting to threatens our democracy!

Bring the issue to the ballot and let the choice of the people stand! This is how democracy works...Or let the legislative make the choice. What ever comes first.

So if the people vote to outlaw guns in your state.....you'll be turning yours in?

Another sane judge. We need more of them.

Ignoring a federal court order is just dumb. He's grandstanding....as he's certain to lose. And lose his job. If I were to guess, I'd say he's tired of being a judge and wants political office.

Forum List

Back