Breaking! Colin Powell dies

then why were they in Libya? the reality is NATO’s mission changed after the Cold War, and certainly could be used in the Far East
Could be? Sure, I guess..if 'could be' is the standard you are going for. Likely?

Nope...logistics and public opinion in the NATO countries, argue strongly against that sort of military adventurism.

Libya was a bit of a 'one off'. I note that NATO refused the US request for alliance in 2003 in Iraq.

Given that NATO is basically toothless without the US...point seems to be a bit moot.

then why were they in Libya? the reality is NATO’s mission changed after the Cold War, and certainly could be used in the Far East

They had SEATO for a while, but when the U.S. abandoned Viet Nam to the commies it broke up. I'm not sure if the ASEAN group is a replacement or not, but with Democrats in office doing their very best to ruin American diplomacy and start wars all over the place none of it matters any more, it will all break out soon, probably by the mid-terms, when Biden needs a war to deflect from his abject failures. He will probably invade one our allies and hand it over to Putin or Xi. In any case, nobody in their rights minds thinks Biden would honor any treaties at all, any more than Obama did, so Taiwan can forget any aid, so can Korea, Japan, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, etc., etc.

Could be? Sure, I guess..if 'could be' is the standard you are going for. Likely?

Nope...logistics and public opinion in the NATO countries, argue strongly against that sort of military adventurism.

Libya was a bit of a 'one off'. I note that NATO refused the US request for alliance in 2003 in Iraq.

Given that NATO is basically toothless without the US...point seems to be a bit moot.
could be as in NATO could be used in Asia. That was the question.

the answer isn’t likely…it is, yes NATO’s mission allows it to be used anywhere in the world, not just to deal with the UsSR that doesn’t exist

Hey Q-bert---What part of NATO has to do with China and Taiwan? The purpose of NATO was, and is, to deter the former Soviet Union..and now Russian Federation, from military designs on Europe. While some NATO members have allied themselves with the US--in other military adventures--NATO is strictly Euro-centric.

BTW..where and when, exactly..has China 'moved' on Taiwan..other than rhetorically, that is?

It always amuses me how idiots think that the winning or losing of an election has jack to do with the US military and its readiness~

Oh look, a Nazi is lying.

Another demon got his horns.

You really are an idiot.

Not because of your lies, but because you honestly think you can get away with such idiotic lies..

could be as in NATO could be used in Asia. That was the question.

the answer isn’t likely…it is, yes NATO’s mission allows it to be used anywhere in the world, not just to deal with the UsSR that doesn’t exist

Nato and Taiwan are distinct clauses.

Nato is (was) a deterrent to Soviet Agression.

China moving on Taiwan shows the danger of weakness (and treason).

Nato is unlikely to move on China to defend freedom. But Japan will, and South Korea - as they would be next to be invaded.

Oh look, a Nazi is lying.

Another demon got his horns.

You really are an idiot.

Not because of your lies, but because you honestly think you can get away with such idiotic lies..
NATO should have been eliminated after the fall of the USSR. Sadly the MIC has way too much power, which prevents logical thinking and peaceful coexistence.

Libya is a perfect example of the failure of imperialism and interventionism. A functioning peaceful nation is destroyed causing massive death, suffer, destruction, and refuge crisis.

Amazingly only a few out of the mainstream commenters dares speak the truth about Libya. Proving the power of the MIC to control the media, government, and politicians.

Powell was a Great General.
Show some respect for what he did to defend America.
We all made mistakes.
Show respect to General Powell.
He was a soldier who followed the orders of the president of the united states.
He was a war hero.

LOL..that sir..is your stock in trade...sad though..that you are really so bad at it~

You know, I can point to a dozen outright lies by you in this thread, that is things you know to be false but say anyway.

You can't come up with anything from me that is dishonest, only that I'm an enemy of your filthy Reich.

For instance, you know full well China has moved against Taiwan, including flying nuclear bombers into their airspace, in recent weeks, but chose to lie because your party is a vassal of China.

See, you actually do lie, deliberately, regularly. You have no integrity, you'll say anything to promote your Reich or to smear enemies of your Reich.

I don’t like to speak I’ll of the dead, but Powell was nothing more than a lackey for the oligarchy and MIC. He was instrumental in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
People who open with a cliche like "I don't like to speak ill of..." use it as a means to speak ill of their hated target, Mr. Gipper, which is as screwy a malicious usage of language to damage someone unfairly as it has ever been. The leftist lockstep press uses the faux phrase to damage their hatred for conservative Republican leaders for a long 4 years of calumnyssimo.

U.S. Senator: Covid "Vaccine" Linked To Almost 20,000 U.S. Deaths, Real Total "Dramatically" Underreported

wwwDOTrumbleDOTcom/vnv15x-sen-johnson-no-point-to-mandate-with-covid-vaccine-weve-had-16766-deaths.html

Ex-NYT Reporter: Covid Vax Tied To "Unprecedented" Rise In Non-Covid All-Cause U.S. Deaths In 20-50 Age Group?

From Tucker Carlson Tonight Show (October 20, 2021)

wwwDOTtwitterDOTcom/EdDieHasKill_/status/1451278908637257736?t=fgat2_7JivNrCCD0kB9D-w&s=19

Taiwan: More Dead By Covid Vax Than By Covid

wwwDOTntdDOTcom/more-die-after-vaccination-than-from-covid-19-in-taiwan_688004.html

As you are here to parrot the Q-bert narrative. Anyone who thinks that the CIA is wasting time and resources on this 2-bit board..is an idiot.
You do make a cool cheer-leader..I hope your partners-in-idiocy appreciate you~
I took you off ignore fir a split second to see what babble he was replying to you on,whatever you say paid Langley shill,we all know what your agenda is here trollboy.back to ignore,thank the heavens for the ignore feature.

See my multiple posts in this thread proving Powell was a lackey for the MIC. A warmonger all the way. If there’s a heaven and hell, he’s burning for eternity.
:thankusmile: :yes_text12::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:Amen,you have owned and taken her and everybody else who keeps coming back with babble thst he should RIP to school major big time that he was a mass murderer checkmating them on thst too many times to remember.:up::thup:

CIA, I don't know about. but the Gestapo is here looking for Trump voters.
Indeed our government makes the third reich look like a bunch of choir boys theway they are violating our human rights with vaccines,this is murder on a global scale like nothing ever in history with these vaccines they are forcing people to take or lose thier jobs.Hitler and Stalin had nothing on our government.I knew we had an evil and demonic government but I never imagined nazi Germany would come to America as it has,I never thought we would see the day when the government would deem their citizens a terrorist if they supported a president but because me and you are trump supporters,the government considers US terrorists. Man we are living in dangerous times now unlike any other moment in our history.

Powell was a Great General.
Show some respect for what he did to defend America.
We all made mistakes.
Show respect to General Powell.
He was a soldier who followed the orders of the president of the united states.
He was a war hero.
Oh god how the sheep have been brainwashed by the lamestream media. :cuckoo: Beam me up Scotty,there is no intelligent life forms on this planet,this dude loves a quarterback that’s a cheater so no surprise he would love a mass murderer as well.

Forum List

Back