Breakdown of what the Healthcare Bill does, Year by Year

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
I figured many if not most would be interested in reading this:

FACTBOX-US healthcare bill would provide immediate benefits | Reuters

This is just the first year (this year):

WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR OF ENACTMENT

*Insurance companies will be barred from dropping people from coverage when they get sick. Lifetime coverage limits will be eliminated and annual limits are to be restricted.

*Insurers will be barred from excluding children for coverage because of pre-existing conditions.

*Young adults will be able to stay on their parents' health plans until the age of 26. Many health plans currently drop dependents from coverage when they turn 19 or finish college.

*Uninsured adults with a pre-existing conditions will be able to obtain health coverage through a new program that will expire once new insurance exchanges begin operating in 2014.

*A temporary reinsurance program is created to help companies maintain health coverage for early retirees between the ages of 55 and 64. This also expires in 2014.

*Medicare drug beneficiaries who fall into the "doughnut hole" coverage gap will get a $250 rebate. The bill eventually closes that gap which currently begins after $2,700 is spent on drugs. Coverage starts again after $6,154 is spent.

*A tax credit becomes available for some small businesses to help provide coverage for workers.

*A 10 percent tax on indoor tanning services that use ultraviolet lamps goes into effect on July 1.

The Capital Markets have spoken.

On a 2-year note the US government must now pay 350 basis points MORE than a private company.

That's what ObamaCare has done for us

Let me just add this tidbit:

A look at the health care overhaul bill - Yahoo! Finance

COST: $940 billion over 10 years, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

HOW MANY COVERED: 32 million uninsured. Major coverage expansion begins in 2014. When fully phased in, 95 percent of eligible Americans would have coverage, compared with 83 percent today.

INSURANCE MANDATE: Almost everyone is required to be insured or else pay a fine. There is an exemption for low-income people. Mandate takes effect in 2014.

More on link.

Immie

I figured many if not most would be interested in reading this:

FACTBOX-US healthcare bill would provide immediate benefits | Reuters

This is just the first year (this year):

WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR OF ENACTMENT

*Insurance companies will be barred from dropping people from coverage when they get sick. Lifetime coverage limits will be eliminated and annual limits are to be restricted.

*Insurers will be barred from excluding children for coverage because of pre-existing conditions.

*Young adults will be able to stay on their parents' health plans until the age of 26. Many health plans currently drop dependents from coverage when they turn 19 or finish college.

*Uninsured adults with a pre-existing conditions will be able to obtain health coverage through a new program that will expire once new insurance exchanges begin operating in 2014.

*A temporary reinsurance program is created to help companies maintain health coverage for early retirees between the ages of 55 and 64. This also expires in 2014.

*Medicare drug beneficiaries who fall into the "doughnut hole" coverage gap will get a $250 rebate. The bill eventually closes that gap which currently begins after $2,700 is spent on drugs. Coverage starts again after $6,154 is spent.

*A tax credit becomes available for some small businesses to help provide coverage for workers.

*A 10 percent tax on indoor tanning services that use ultraviolet lamps goes into effect on July 1.

Um, where's our 3,000% savings?

Why don't you put the cost to businesses, which equates heads rolling and MORE incentive to move overseas. Caterpillar just announced its going to cost them $100 million a year! Heck I bet Mexico is looking mighty good to them. My home state of IL can NOT take such a hit. Guarantee they are not the only ones feeling the pain. I guarantee they are not the only ones looking toward Mexico (or even Canada)!

Heck the biggest beneficiary of this bill might be Mexico! Heck Obama might have solved illegal immigration by moving all the American Jobs there!

Forum List

Back