Brain-eating amoeba detected in Texas community’s water supply

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
LAKE JACKSON, Texas (KXAN) — Residents of Lake Jackson in Brazoria County, south of Houston, are being warned not to use their tap water because a brain-eating microbe could be inside it.

On Friday, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, warned the Brazosport Water Authority that the city’s water supply could be contaminated with naegleria fowleria, according to The Guardian.

Next up....attack of the killer tomatoes followed by an intergalactic space war because 2020.

LAKE JACKSON, Texas (KXAN) — Residents of Lake Jackson in Brazoria County, south of Houston, are being warned not to use their tap water because a brain-eating microbe could be inside it.

On Friday, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, warned the Brazosport Water Authority that the city’s water supply could be contaminated with naegleria fowleria, according to The Guardian.

Next up....attack of the killer tomatoes followed by an .intergalactic space war because 2020.

What's the big deal? You have to get the water up your nose in order for it to go to the brain. I read about it after a child died of it in Florida I think it was. Got it at a water park IIRC.

Next up....attack of the killer tomatoes followed by an intergalactic space war because 2020.

No regulators were hurt by the microbes...there are none in Texas.

Brazoria County (Dow Chemical) is famous for two things; petrochemicals and prisons.

Next up....attack of the killer tomatoes followed by an .intergalactic space war because 2020.

What's the big deal? You have to get the water up your nose in order for it to go to the brain. I read about it after a child died of it in Florida I think it was. Got it at a water park IIRC.
So drinking the water isn't the issue but taking a bath in it is? I feel so much better now.

1601177468046.png

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

There's no such thing as "brain eating amœba" — it's the whole kit and kaboodle of cleanliness-obsessed Catholic nuns screaming from here to kingdom come about a little sand or grit in the tap water — and oh, by the way there's a graded and inspected restaurant where they serve something to eat and drink so you don't have to worry about the quality of the water in your own home.

Oh, I thought it was about a parasite that's infected I thoughtCapital Hill.

Anyways, YIKES!
That's what I thought, "naegleria fowleria" just sounds like a scientific term for
"Negative Followers" aka doom and gloomers

ure they have....but it's expensive and corners need to be cut so the Ivory tower can get new Furniture (again, this year)
(Only those who work at a City Hall will get it)
It's not expensive, I have used it in my swimming pool.

That's somewhat unsettling...

Forum List

Back