Brady gives Butler the truck...

They should have given the truck to someone who really needs one...
No money in that. Free marketing if they give it to the Super Bowl MVP. its like the difference between say your or me announcing we are going to Disneyland vs Brady or another celebrity doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Brady deserves MVP....

And I read a couple of days ago, or maybe yesterday morning that Tom was going to give the rookie the truck, which is truly nice of him to do such!

As far as Carroll, Carroll was FORCED to call the passing play, BECAUSE Belichick was a GENIUS, and out smarted him....

Pats had 3 timeouts left, and refused to use one, which the Seahawks were counting on....them using one, but when they didn't and it was 2nd down, Carroll felt he had to do the passing play in order to stop the clock...

hind site is 20/20 and it didn't work out for Carroll.....but he was forced in to that position of calling for a pass, by Belichick imho.

Brady deserves MVP....

And I read a couple of days ago, or maybe yesterday morning that Tom was going to give the rookie the truck, which is truly nice of him to do such!

As far as Carroll, Carroll was FORCED to call the passing play, BECAUSE Belichick was a GENIUS, and out smarted him....

Pats had 3 timeouts left, and refused to use one, which the Seahawks were counting on....them using one, but when they didn't and it was 2nd down, Carroll felt he had to do the passing play in order to stop the clock...

hind site is 20/20 and it didn't work out for Carroll.....but he was forced in to that position of calling for a pass, by Belichick imho.
Read option and throw it to the back of the end zone or into the stands where it could not be intercepted if you dont have anything. That call will go down in history as the dumbest play ever called.

Brady deserves MVP....

Read option and throw it to the back of the end zone or into the stands where it could not be intercepted if you dont have anything. That call will go down in history as the dumbest play ever called.
True, no one forced him to throw it where he did, but himself.....But that is the nature of the game.....people make mistakes..I played the game of football on teams for a dozen years, lost most of the time...So I know how to take those situations without bursting a vein...

Brady deserves MVP....

Yea, it was a dumb play, but Belichick still forced him in to the position of having to call a passing play vs a running play....

Brady deserves MVP....

True, no one forced him to throw it where he did, but himself.....But that is the nature of the game.....
The play forces you to throw it there. Thats what I mean by dumb. That play is ok in the first quarter. Practically on the goal line with 40 seconds to go, Lynch in the lineup, and this is the call Pete Carroll makes? If I were Wilson I would have argued with the coach over that one.

Brady deserves MVP....

Yea, it was a dumb play, but Belichick still forced him in to the position of having to call a passing play vs a running play....
Why did he have to call a passing play instead of a running play?

Brady deserves MVP....

True, no one forced him to throw it where he did, but himself.....But that is the nature of the game.....
The play forces you to throw it there. Thats what I mean by dumb. That play is ok in the first quarter. Practically on the goal line with 40 seconds to go, Lynch in the lineup, and this is the call Pete Carroll makes? If I were Wilson I would have argued with the coach over that one.
yeah wilson should have done what jim harbaugh did with mike ditka on a monday night game with the bears when he ignored ditkas call and called a different play,only it did not work and he got a severe profanity mouthful from ditka,but this is the superbowl for god sakes,wilson should have insisted they call beasts number.carrol would not have exploded like ditka did.

Brady deserves MVP....

this is why.

Jerry Rice And Tim Brown Say Bill Callahan Threw Super Bowl XXXVII

carrol is no different than callahan.Look at his history at USC when they accused him of the same thing.fuck the NFL.

Brady deserves MVP....

Brady deserves MVP....

Probably thought the other team expected a run...

Brady deserves MVP....

Because if he called a running play and the guy was tackled behind the line of scrimmage, then the Pats would have piled up on him, taking their good ole time getting back up and run a good deal of time off the clock....

Belichick didn't use a time out, then Belichick put out his defense to tackle the running back, he had 8 in the box, Carrol saw this and chose the pass play.

Brady deserves MVP....

Brady deserves MVP....

Probably thought the other team expected a run...
Everyone in the country expected a run. The problem was the Pats would not have been able to stop it.

Brady deserves MVP....

Because if he called a running play and the guy was tackled behind the line of scrimmage, then the Pats would have piled up on him, taking their good ole time getting back up and run a good deal of time off the clock....

Belichick didn't use a time out, then Belichick put out his defense to tackle the running back, he had 8 in the box, Carrol saw this and chose the pass play.
Carroll had a time out left.

Forum List

Back