Brady gives Butler the truck...

Brady deserves MVP....

And I read a couple of days ago, or maybe yesterday morning that Tom was going to give the rookie the truck, which is truly nice of him to do such!

As far as Carroll, Carroll was FORCED to call the passing play, BECAUSE Belichick was a GENIUS, and out smarted him....

Pats had 3 timeouts left, and refused to use one, which the Seahawks were counting on....them using one, but when they didn't and it was 2nd down, Carroll felt he had to do the passing play in order to stop the clock...

hind site is 20/20 and it didn't work out for Carroll.....but he was forced in to that position of calling for a pass, by Belichick imho.
Read option and throw it to the back of the end zone or into the stands where it could not be intercepted if you dont have anything. That call will go down in history as the dumbest play ever called.
Yea, it was a dumb play, but Belichick still forced him in to the position of having to call a passing play vs a running play....
I was tuning in for the Blacklist, and that was the only play I saw.

As an LSU fan, I am so used to Les Miles snatching defeat from the jaws of victory that it did not even phase me.

I was surprised at all the hubbub the next day.

Brady deserves MVP....

And I read a couple of days ago, or maybe yesterday morning that Tom was going to give the rookie the truck, which is truly nice of him to do such!

As far as Carroll, Carroll was FORCED to call the passing play, BECAUSE Belichick was a GENIUS, and out smarted him....

Pats had 3 timeouts left, and refused to use one, which the Seahawks were counting on....them using one, but when they didn't and it was 2nd down, Carroll felt he had to do the passing play in order to stop the clock...

hind site is 20/20 and it didn't work out for Carroll.....but he was forced in to that position of calling for a pass, by Belichick imho.
Read option and throw it to the back of the end zone or into the stands where it could not be intercepted if you dont have anything. That call will go down in history as the dumbest play ever called.
Yea, it was a dumb play, but Belichick still forced him in to the position of having to call a passing play vs a running play....
Why did he have to call a passing play instead of a running play?
Because if he called a running play and the guy was tackled behind the line of scrimmage, then the Pats would have piled up on him, taking their good ole time getting back up and run a good deal of time off the clock....

Belichick didn't use a time out, then Belichick put out his defense to tackle the running back, he had 8 in the box, Carrol saw this and chose the pass play.
Carroll had a time out left.
yes, he had ONE timeout left to use...

Brady deserves MVP....

As an LSU fan, I am so used to Les Miles snatching defeat from the jaws of victory that it did not even phase me.

Same with all years I have been an OU fan....shit happens....

Brady deserves MVP....

True, no one forced him to throw it where he did, but himself.....But that is the nature of the game.....
The play forces you to throw it there. Thats what I mean by dumb. That play is ok in the first quarter. Practically on the goal line with 40 seconds to go, Lynch in the lineup, and this is the call Pete Carroll makes? If I were Wilson I would have argued with the coach over that one.
Brady deserves MVP....

Probably thought the other team expected a run...
Everyone in the country expected a run. The problem was the Pats would not have been able to stop it.

exactly,matter of fact they ranked 31st out of all 32 teams in those goal line stands,they were atrocious at stopping the run in goal line stands and could not stop beast the entire fouth quarter.If I am Lynch,i give carrol the middle finger and go sign with someone else next year.matter of fact I don't know why any of the players would want toplay for him next year,none of them could believe he did not run Lynch in for the winning touchdown.

pete the cheat.

Brady deserves MVP....

Same with all years I have been an OU fan....shit happens....
There are a lot of OU's.

There is only ONE LSU!!!

Because if he called a running play and the guy was tackled behind the line of scrimmage, then the Pats would have piled up on him, taking their good ole time getting back up and run a good deal of time off the clock....

Belichick didn't use a time out, then Belichick put out his defense to tackle the running back, he had 8 in the box, Carrol saw this and chose the pass play.
So why would it have been a problem to run a read option? Wilson could have ran it in.

Brady deserves MVP....

this is why.

Jerry Rice And Tim Brown Say Bill Callahan Threw Super Bowl XXXVII

carrol is no different than callahan.Look at his history at USC when they accused him of the same thing.fuck the NFL.

A couple people before the year began told said that if there was a superbowl this year and it was a close game,carrol would throw it,i told them they were insane back then.they were right though.i should have listened.Im done with the playoffs and superbowls,the NFL has played me for a sucker long enough and for the last time,never again though.

if my chargers are not in the playoffs again next year like this past season,then I wont be watching a single playoff game next year or any Monday night games either.the nfl has played me for a sucker long enough.no more though.

Brady deserves MVP....

this is why.

carrol is no different than callahan.Look at his history at USC when they accused him of the same thing.fuck the NFL.

A couple people before the year began told said that if there was a superbowl this year and it was a close game,carrol would throw it,i told them they were insane back then.they were right though.i should have listened.Im done with the playoffs and superbowls,the NFL has played me for a sucker long enough and for the last time,never againt though.
The best theory I heard was that the play was run so Wilson would get the MVP instead of Lynch. It simply made no sense. If they would have scored on that play I would have still thought it was dumb for taking a risk like that.

So why would it have been a problem to run a read option? Wilson could have ran it in.
yea, it is a would-a, could-a, should-a....situation for certain....

this is why.

A couple people before the year began told said that if there was a superbowl this year and it was a close game,carrol would throw it,i told them they were insane back then.they were right though.i should have listened.Im done with the playoffs and superbowls,the NFL has played me for a sucker long enough and for the last time,never againt though.
The best theory I heard was that the play was run so Wilson would get the MVP instead of Lynch. It simply made no sense. If they would have scored on that play I would have still thought it was dumb for taking a risk like that.

Yeah I laughed at that b.s crap when I heard that.amazing how so many apologists here don't want to deal with reality that the NFL is no different than baseball or basketball,that its rigged as well. the way they keep a secret is you just have a few involved like the coach,the quarterback or a couple officials.when you got just a couple involved,then its easy to keep it a secret.easy as pie.

here is a video everyone should look at.jeremy showed it to me and it woke me up and made me make the easy decision that Im done with the NFL if its not my team the chargers.

The big fail was encroachment on the one yard line. That stupid play ended Seattle's possibility of getting a safety and returning the free kick to get in field goal range to win the game. The fight was stupid too, another 15 yards ended it for sure.

Ah yes, rewards for playing football, was the big paycheck not enough?
Maybe he should have sold it to pay off the $60,500 tax bill for winning the Super Bowl/
Tom Brady faces 60 500 IRS bill for winning Super Bowl WashingtonExaminer.com
He probably has that for pocket change.
Without a doubt but $60,500 is a rather steep tax bill for winner's pay of $97,000 for Super Bowl XLIX
Hell do some charity work and recoup most of that. I'm pretty sure he has set himself up as a business entity like most professional athletes do.

AthleteTax.com Your number one resource for information on taxs for athletes

Maybe he should have sold it to pay off the $60,500 tax bill for winning the Super Bowl/
Without a doubt but $60,500 is a rather steep tax bill for winner's pay of $97,000 for Super Bowl XLIX
Why is it so high? 61k in taxes on $97k winning doesn't seem right?? What kind of 'tax' is it?

Hell do some charity work and recoup most of that. I'm pretty sure he has set himself up as a business entity like most professional athletes do.

AthleteTax.com Your number one resource for information on taxs for athletes
Sure it helps with tax avoision...

Why is it so high? 61k in taxes on $97k winning doesn't seem right?? What kind of 'tax' is it?

Americans for Tax Reform said he will have to pay $42,000 on his share of the $97,000 for playing in the championship, and another $18,500 for giving away the red Chevy Colorado pickup truck he won for being MVP to fellow player Malcolm Butler, who caught the game-winning. “That's a $5,000 gift tax on top of a $13,500 income tax on the truck, for a combined federal tax hit of $18,500,” said ATR, headed by Washington tax foe Grover Norquist.

Forum List

Back