BP Is Killing Us. White House Response Pitiful...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
This BP oil spill really is a catastrophic calamity. This White House has completely under-played its deadly impact. They have done nothing so far. It's also very shocking to see the MSM under-playing this calamity as well. This spill really is much much worse than they're telling the people. The deadly impact of this massive spill is going to be felt for many years by people in the Gulf region. And where are all those hysterical Leftists who used to screech 24/7 about those "Evil Oil Companies?" Not hearing a peep out of these same Leftists over this awful tragedy. Where did they all go? What has changed? All that has changed is that one of their own is now in the White House. Therefore they along with the Liberal Press are no longer interested in that "Evil Oil Company" rhetoric. If there was ever a time for their "Evil Oil Company" rhetoric,it would be right now.

Their guy even recently ended the 20yr ban on offshore oil drilling in some areas. Not one Leftist screeched about the "Evil Oil Companies" after that announcement. I don't think i have ever seen a more blatant example of dishonesty & hypocrisy. The Left should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion. The people on the Gulf coast will now just sit and wait like cattle being led to slaughter as the deadly oil spill creeps towards them this weekend. This White House's response has been truly pitiful. They wont even criticize BP for God's sake. Talk about sucking up to the "Evil Oil Companies?" BP is literally killing us and it doesn't look like this White House or the MSM are very concerned about this. BP should be held accountable but it's just not gonna happen. Hey Leftists,feel free to to start screeching about those "Evil Oil Companies." Now it would actually be appropriate.

Last edited:
LOL at LAN
Bitch if Obama does and bitch if he does not.
I thought that your philosophy was that industry could and should take care of itself?
Walk the talk or shaddup.

How can you expect us to take you seriously acting like this?

:cuckoo:
Someone didn't do their research.
For one, it is all they are talking about today. I am actually watching coverage about it on MSNBC as we speak.

Last edited:
I have started watching the MSNBC series named American greed or somesuch. Pretty interesting and stuff you would never see on FOX.

All of you who want to whine about an accidental oil spill should put your actions where your mouths are.

Stop heating your homes with oil, stop driving your cars or doing anything else that uses petroleum products.

Then maybe I'll listen to you.

This White House's response has been woefully inadequate. I can't believe anyone is defending them. What did happen to all that "Evil Oil Company" Rhetoric?" Not hearing any of that from the Leftists today. Why the sudden change of heart? I'm just shocked that this White House and the MSM are under-playing this tragic calamity this way. My God,could you imagine if there were a Republican President in there? I seriously doubt the Leftists and MSM would be under-playing this awful tragedy this way. Such hypocrisy. How sad.

My car get's 40 miles to the gallon, and every car I ever owned got more than 35 to the gallon. ;)
I also rode the bus for three years when I lived downtown.
And my house is heated by natural gas.

It's too late now. The awful damage has been done. BP and this White House should be held accountable.

My car get's 40 miles to the gallon, and every car I ever owned got more than 35 to the gallon. ;)

You still use gasoline and what about all the other products you use that contain petroleum by-products?

My God,you can't even get this White House to criticize BP at this point. Talk about sucking up to the "Evil Oil Companies?" Yikes!

P.S. here's a clue for you,in case you hadn't, this administration isn't into all that heated cowboy rhetoric

This White House's response has been woefully inadequate. I can't believe anyone is defending them. What did happen to all that "Evil Oil Company" Rhetoric?" Not hearing any of that from the Leftists today. Why the sudden change of heart? I'm just shocked that this White House and the MSM are under-playing this tragic calamity this way. My God,could you imagine if there were a Republican President in there? I seriously doubt the Leftists and MSM would be under-playing this awful tragedy this way. Such hypocrisy. How sad.

I can only come to one conclusion.

You're deaf.

President Obama has asked Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar to travel to the Gulf Coast "to ensure that BP and the entire government is doing everything possible to respond to this incident," Gibbs said.

Salazar is already at BP's command center in Houston, and he is scheduled to meet with oil industry officials on how to deal with the spill later today.

BP Oil Spill of 'National Significance,' According to Obama Administration - ABC News

You still use gasoline and what about all the other products you use that contain petroleum by-products?

Please show me where I said oil was evil? And that we shouldn't use it?

And PS my best friend's dad works for BP. ;)

Too late for that spin. The awful damage has been done. This awful calamity has been under-played by this White House and MSM. It really is a much worse tragedy than they are telling the people. There is nothing they can do now to change things. Not even one Leftist is here criticizing BP. That's the absolute height of dishonesty & hypocrisy in my opinion. These same people couldn't get enough of that "Evil Oil Company" rhetoric in the past. So what has changed? Their guy even recently lifted the 20yr ban on offshore oil drilling in areas. My God,could you imagine if a Republican President had done that? BP really is killing us. Not to mention all the sea-life they have destroyed as well. Will BP get a free pass? Looks like it.

This BP oil spill really is a catastrophic calamity. This White House has completely under-played its deadly impact. They have done nothing so far. It's also very shocking to see the MSM under-playing this calamity as well. This spill really is much much worse than they're telling the people. The deadly impact of this massive spill is going to be felt for many years by people in the Gulf region. And where are all those hysterical Leftists who used to screech 24/7 about those "Evil Oil Companies?" Not hearing a peep out of these same Leftists over this awful tragedy. Where did they all go? What has changed? All that has changed is that one of their own is now in the White House. Therefore they along with the Liberal Press are no longer interested in that "Evil Oil Company" rhetoric. If there was ever a time for their "Evil Oil Company" rhetoric,it would be right now.

Their guy even recently ended the 20yr ban on offshore oil drilling in some areas. Not one Leftist screeched about the "Evil Oil Companies" after that announcement. I don't think i have ever seen a more blatant example of dishonesty & hypocrisy. The Left should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion. The people on the Gulf coast will now just sit and wait like cattle being led to slaughter as the deadly oil spill creeps towards them this weekend. This White House's response has been truly pitiful. They wont even criticize BP for God's sake. Talk about sucking up to the "Evil Oil Companies?" BP is literally killing us and it doesn't look like this White House or the MSM are very concerned about this. BP should be held accountable but it's just not gonna happen. Hey Leftists,feel free to to start screeching about those "Evil Oil Companies." Now it would actually be appropriate.

SCREETCH, SCREETCH

BP downplayed the amount of oil spilled. The RW lead by Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh chanted "Drill Baby Drill" and the Republican Party Platform calls for more oil exploration off of our coasts. Most of the far left opposes drilling off our shores and most moderate Democrats and Republicans support Green Energy R&D; which is laughed at by the RW Fringe.
The Obama Administration has the Coast Guard on site and the OP suggests he is not doing enough. Maybe he should fly over the disaster in Air Force One for a photo session as Booooooosh did? Would that make the OP happy?
Any wonder why the RW Fringe is thought of as fools and hypocrites?

Last edited:
Like i said,too little too late. There is nothing they can do now. Maybe you pious "Evil Oil Company" Leftists should have opposed your Hopey Changey's decision to lift the 20yr ban on offshore oil drilling. Now that would have shown some honesty & courage on your part. Instead you same Leftists actually applauded him for his decision. Shame Shame.

New Topics

Forum List

Back