Boycott the Trump economy?

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
Many voters are reportedly indifferent to the impeachment process and other grievances against Trump and will make their 2020 voting decisions on their personal welfare: I’m doing ok and will vote for Trump because the economy is doing ok.

Should liberals sabotage the economy to make that less true? By sabotage, I mean simply refusing to buy anything that is not essential to your survival: the latest smart phone, the latest vehicle, the most stylish clothes. Stay home more and don’t travel and eat out less often. All that would presumably cause a recession that would negate support for Trump. A side effect is that less consumption would have the environmental benefit of consuming less resources and fuel.

Of course, all that would require self-discipline by the left, a quality I doubt that have.

Liberals are greedy animals they can't resist shiny objects...that's how you catch them....hang a gift from a tree branch and when they climb to get it the weight of all of them in one tree will collapse the whole bundle of them into a nasty heap....then you smack em in the head...

Many voters are reportedly indifferent to the impeachment process and other grievances against Trump and will make their 2020 voting decisions on their personal welfare: I’m doing ok and will vote for Trump because the economy is doing ok.

Should liberals sabotage the economy to make that less true? By sabotage, I mean simply refusing to buy anything that is not essential to your survival: the latest smart phone, the latest vehicle, the most stylish clothes. Stay home more and don’t travel and eat out less often. All that would presumably cause a recession that would negate support for Trump. A side effect is that less consumption would have the environmental benefit of consuming less resources and fuel.

Of course, all that would require self-discipline by the left, a quality I doubt that have.
Funny how both parties hope for the worst and talk down any good news when they're not in power.

Wingers: Peas in a pod.

Americans should give up following anyone who uses labels that have no meaning. I would suggest attempting a New Year's resolution for consideration; abandon believing in lieu of thinking. Just say "no" to partisanshitheads. This "I'm ok, fuck the nation and society" is exactly how we got here. We got here precisely because the public has no discipline at all. The wealthiest nation in the world, an oligarchy, reduced to citizen shaming when the illusion and spectacle fail.

Now, about your economic system:

upload_2019-12-28_12-29-53.png

The Productivity–Pay Gap

Link takes the data out to 2018.

Funny how both parties hope for the worst and talk down any good news when they're not in power.

The unsubstantial people must be kept quibbling among themselves or the whole thing goes tits up if they ever unite to challenge concentrated wealth and power.

I don't recall very many of us cheering the economic crash that happened during Obama's first term.

I don't recall very many of us cheering the economic crash that happened during Obama's first term.

The crash started during Bush's term and helped propel Obama into office.

How bizarre. You think the crash happened after Bush?

I don't even know how to respond to that. That's troubling, literally. The amount of available information that you are choosing to ignore is breathtaking.

Americans should give up following anyone who uses labels that have no meaning. I would suggest attempting a New Year's resolution for consideration; abandon believing in lieu of thinking. Just say "no" to partisanshitheads. This "I'm ok, fuck the nation and society" is exactly how we got here. We got here precisely because the public has no discipline at all. The wealthiest nation in the world, an oligarchy, reduced to citizen shaming when the illusion and spectacle fail.

Now, about your economic system:

You did really well up to your link- which is not really accurate in terms you're wanting to espouse- it shows productivity vs pay, which is, at it's core "labeling"- productivity increases with advancing technology- like better tools for mechanics, air nailers for carpenters and automation in the assembly lines, etc.
OUR economy is a controlled economy- isn't that what you really want? You just want your label to control it. Right?
The *best* economy doesn't favor one over another- it's called free trade and/or free enterprise- free is defined as unencumbered, not my guy is better than your guy- favoring with your guy introduces encumbered- so, may I suggest you, and others reading this exercise your new years resolution?

We talk about the Electoral College. Do you realize the nine smallest states land wise have 17 Democratic Federal Senators and 1 Independent Senator. That is 18 Prog Senators right there. 18. Its almost like those states have the fix in.

New Topics

Forum List

Back