Boycott the MLB All Star Game

Lets show the commisioner and idiot Joe Biden what we think of his screwing over the state of Georgia for racist politics. Let's hit MLB in the pocketbook. If we don't watch it on TV, they will get low ratings.
I'm not watching any baseball this year. I speak with my wallet and lack of support rather than forcing my position on others via censorship
Boycotts are private decisions not to buy. They are not censorship.
That's what I said...

Lets show the commisioner and idiot Joe Biden what we think of his screwing over the state of Georgia for racist politics. Let's hit MLB in the pocketbook. If we don't watch it on TV, they will get low ratings.

Under the US Constitution, The President has NO
jurisdiction over state law. You won;t find it.
The only thing idiotic is the thread premise.

That MLB decided – correctly – to relocate the all-star game has nothing to do with President Biden.

And as a private entity MLB is at liberty to do as it wishes, having nothing to do with the Constitution.

I'm not watching any baseball this year. I speak with my wallet and lack of support rather than forcing my position on others via censorship
Boycotts are private decisions not to buy. They are not censorship.
Social media not accommodating rightwing hate speech is also a private decision. It is not censorship.

The All-Star game, which at best was a mildly interesting exhibition game, has devolved into something so silly and pointless that it truly ought to be abandoned in favor of a 3-5 day "break" for the players to recharge their figurative batteries.

When the players and coaches voted on the starters, you had the benefit of seeing the players who were actually performing at a high level, but may have been off your "radar screen" because they were young, or played in a small market. But the players who voted took note of none of that, and voted for the best players. Turning the vote over to 12-year-olds - which is who basically controls it now - turned it into a farce.

The managers do not manage the game to win, but just to get everyone in - just like Little League. They should be embarrassed to even participate in it.

I haven't watched it in years, so although I would like to boycott the game because of MLB's horrific mistake of political pandering, I don't think I'm really eligible.

The All-Star game, which at best was a mildly interesting exhibition game, has devolved into something so silly and pointless that it truly ought to be abandoned in favor of a 3-5 day "break" for the players to recharge their figurative batteries.

When the players and coaches voted on the starters, you had the benefit of seeing the players who were actually performing at a high level, but may have been off your "radar screen" because they were young, or played in a small market. But the players who voted took note of none of that, and voted for the best players. Turning the vote over to 12-year-olds - which is who basically controls it now - turned it into a farce.

The managers do not manage the game to win, but just to get everyone in - just like Little League. They should be embarrassed to even participate in it.

I haven't watched it in years, so although I would like to boycott the game because of MLB's horrific mistake of political pandering, I don't think I'm really eligible.

You apparently don't know the All-Star game determines the home team for the World Series. Your knowledge is dated.

Under the US Constitution, The President has NO
jurisdiction over state law. You won;t find it.
Has anyone pointed out the unintentional irony of the OP in that MLB did not move the All Star game to "punish" GA? There's no evidence MLB is attempting to change the GOP law, and they have to know that the people who lose money aren't the gop legislators. In fact, Abrams and Sharpton told Manfred that there would be protests at the game, and some black players would actually boycott the game, BUT ABRAMS DIDN'T WANT THE GAME MOVED. SHE WANTED TO MAKE A POLITICAL STATEMENT. Manfred makes noise about "values" But the real reason for the move was to remove baseball from political stunts

People close to Manfred believe Abrams’ group and Sharpton also wanted the league to support other issues, including voter drives and H.R. 1, the For the People Act — sweeping election reform that recently passed the House.

"They wanted us to do more than just a pre-game ceremony...Baseball would have to be in the market for doing stuff involving voting rights," a senior MLB executive with direct knowledge of the matter tells Fox News.

MLB commissioner decided to move All-Star Game after pressure from Stacey Abrams on voting issues: sources | Fox News

And Kemp and the gop made the voting changes at least in part to pander to the "stop the steal" bs of Trump. I'd be shocked if Kemp didn't see the changes as helping the gop more than hurting it, but the point of moving the game is simply that the GOP PUT MLB IN THE POLITICAL CROSSHAIRS by apparently not foreseeing that Abrams and Sharpton would ram this game down their idiot throats in national media. But then Abrams publicly whips his ass nationally every time he raises his voter suppressing head. LOL

But MLB just chose not to be part of the spectacle Kemp created ..... again.

Forum List

Back