Boycott Israel

You're condoning killing protestors, says a lot about you
[Maybe you do condone murdering Israelis with heavy rocks?
But here is why the rules were changed about two years ago.
Arabs stop throwing rocks with the intent of killing Israelis, and there will be no need for any ammunitions, wouldn't that be right? ]

The new rules follow a recent heated political debate over how to counter stone-throwing in some Palestinian neighbourhoods of East Jerusalem and on West Bank roads, which gained added momentum after the recent death of an elderly motorist who died after crashing his car during an alleged stone-throwing incident in the city.

“We intend to change the norm that has become established here: that the state of Israel allows these deadly and murderous objects to be thrown without response and without being thwarted,” said Netanyahu in a statement issued after the vote.

“Until recently, police officers would open fire when their own lives were at risk,” Netanyahu said. “From now on, they will be allowed to open fire – and they will know they have a right to do so – when anyone’s life is in danger.

“We have decided to penalise more severely adult stone-throwers with a minimum sentence of four years in prison and also to authorise larger fines for minors and their parents,” the statement added.

“These sanctions apply to all Israeli citizens and residents of Israel,” it said, referring to Palestinian residents of East Jerusalem who do not have Israeli citizenship.

In recent weeks Netanyahu’s declared “war on stone throwers” and promises of zero tolerance have replaced the issue of Iran’s nuclear programme as his main preoccupation.

(full article online)

Israel relaxes live-fire rules against Palestinian stone-throwers

How about telling the Arabs to use all the Billions they keep getting in order to educate for peace and build infrastructure for their Palestine State?

It is an interesting problem. One I would like to see addressed by our Team Palestine.

How should rock-throwing be addressed? What is the appropriate response?
End the occupation.

Oddly, the Hamas Charter speaks to the destruction of Israel as a religious duty.
Who was Israel's boogyman before there was Hamas?

That’s the same pointless cut and paste you cut and paste across multiple threads.

You should have paid attention during your koranology lessons to understand the ideological hatreds for Jews that are a part of Islamist ideology.

Note the meme the letter begins with, which minimizes the violent rock throwing of palestinians (which can, and has, caused serious injuries and even deaths), and implies it is only ever in response to the IDF killing someone (a blatant lie).

But even more than that; these haters are asking to dis-invite an Israeli just because they are Israeli. Victoria Hanna is an religious Jewess, the mother of 3 children. Her parents are from Egypt and Persia – no doubt kicked out or otherwise forced out due to persecution. She performs Aramaic hip hop and rhythmic raps on ancient Hebrew texts. She is not at all political from what I can see, and is not active on social media. Her crime here is being from Israel. She is not part of some conspiracy as they suggest – she just wants to do what she loves, which is performing.

(full article online)

BDS-Holes in New Zealand Show Their Bigotry

One good turn deserves another.

They have free speech, like anyone else.
What they do not have the right to, is incite anyone against Jews and Israel which is what they have always done and there is such a backlash against what they are standing for:

The destruction of Israel.

When Palestinians fight only for their right to have a State, which is endlessly being stopped by their leaders, then you will have a case.

What they do not have the right to, is incite anyone against Jews and Israel which is what they have always done and there is such a backlash against what they are standing for:

When Palestinians fight only for their right to have a State, which is endlessly being stopped by their leaders, then you will have a case.

When Palestinians fight only for their right to have a State, which is endlessly being stopped by their leaders,
Abbas, I'm gonna, I''m gonna, I'm gonna, - pffft.

Palestine's "leaders" have no followers.

When Palestinians fight only for their right to have a State, which is endlessly being stopped by their leaders,
Abbas, I'm gonna, I''m gonna, I'm gonna, - pffft.

Palestine's "leaders" have no followers.

They have the money, the weapons and the means.

And they follow the Quran to a Q.

"Kill the Jews".......

Palestinian speakers are blocked before they get there. Israeli speakers are blocked after they get there.

So I don't see your complaint.
The issue was the Pro Palestinian Students on campus and Free speech.

Stay on the subject.
It is. I was just pointing out your double standard.
Keep making me laugh. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.....

BDS: game changer in Germany

On 14 June, the Oldenburg District Court ordered Rihl not to repeat her defamatory statements about me. Riya Hassan, European coordinator of the Palestinian BDS National Committee (BNC), described the ruling as “a serious blow to Israel’s war of repression against the BDS movement.”

Hassan urged the German government to make clear that BDS activities should be protected as a form of free speech. Sweden, Ireland and the Netherlands have recently issued statements to that effect.

As our public and legal actions indicate, it is no longer possible to push solidarity for Palestinian rights under the carpet in Germany. Dozens of friends, colleagues and strangers contacted me to denounce these attacks on free speech, express interest in the Palestinian cause and ask to learn more. A new local network with strong international ties is in the making.

And while Israel’s supporters are doing their very best to thwart our activism, it is my impression that their efforts are futile in the long run. While the Israeli state has tanks and guns and many of the world’s most powerful governments on its side, the Palestinians have history on theirs. As Victor Hugo phrased it: “Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come.” BDS is such an idea. And its time has indeed come — even in Germany.

On 14 June, the Oldenburg District Court ordered Rihl not to repeat her defamatory statements about me. Riya Hassan, European coordinator of the Palestinian BDS National Committee (BNC), described the ruling as “a serious blow to Israel’s war of repression against the BDS movement.”

Hassan urged the German government to make clear that BDS activities should be protected as a form of free speech. Sweden, Ireland and the Netherlands have recently issued statements to that effect.

As our public and legal actions indicate, it is no longer possible to push solidarity for Palestinian rights under the carpet in Germany. Dozens of friends, colleagues and strangers contacted me to denounce these attacks on free speech, express interest in the Palestinian cause and ask to learn more. A new local network with strong international ties is in the making.

And while Israel’s supporters are doing their very best to thwart our activism, it is my impression that their efforts are futile in the long run. While the Israeli state has tanks and guns and many of the world’s most powerful governments on its side, the Palestinians have history on theirs. As Victor Hugo phrased it: “Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come.” BDS is such an idea. And its time has indeed come — even in Germany.

[You really need to update your sources beyond 2016]

How is the BDS movement viewed in Germany?

Unsurprisingly, BDS is extremely controversial in Germany. It goes without saying that calls to boycott Jewish products do not go down well in a country tarnished to this day by its own boycott policies during Nazi rule. Several critics have said that the boycott is a revival of the Nazi slogan “kauf nicht beim Juden” (don’t buy from Jews).

The movement is also criticized in Germany because it calls for a blanket boycott of Jewish goods from Israel, rather than just products made in illegal settlements.

In 2016 Gitta Connemann, deputy chair of the parliamentary group on Israel, told the Jüdische Allgemeine Zeitung (JAZ) that BDS is “anti-Semitism in its purest form” because it excludes Muslim-owned Israeli businesses from the boycott.

The cities of Munich and Frankfurt have responded by banning BDS from renting state-owned properties to host events.

Berlin is considering a similar measure after BDS spread a false rumour that the Israeli government was organizing a music event in the capital this summer. The BDS successfully lobbied several artists to drop out of the Pop-Kultur festival in Berlin’s Prenzlauer Berg, claiming that the Israeli government had an influence over its organization (a claim which was not true).

How Germany deals with activist movements against Israel

I will buy more stuff from Israel now. Whatever that is. Grapefruit or tangerines...wow, this intimidates the Muslim world? So what backlash should we fear, less suicidal bombers then?

I will buy more stuff from Israel now. Whatever that is. Grapefruit or tangerines...wow, this intimidates the Muslim world? So what backlash should we fear, less suicidal bombers then?

I lived for 6 months on an Israeli kibbutz (farm) and picked tangerines. Juicy and delicious.

Their crime at most was stone throwing.

This is clearly a use of excessive force and retaliation against protesters by live fire is unacceptable anywhere else, so why not Israel?
Hmm. So do you consider throwing rocks at someone to be a 'peaceful' thing? I've never thrown rocks at anyone because I know it to be considered everywhere in the world as an assault with a deadly weapon! Rocks can and will kill someone.

Remember that stoning was a punishment centuries ago? A punishment that lead to death.

I'll tell you what, and ask also if you would do anything different. I have a gun. Someone throws rocks at me, I will shoot back to defend myself.

But I suppose from your post that you would not? Laughable.
The IDF (Israeli Doofus Force) are too stupid to figure out why people throw rock at them.

And time after time and time again they keep going back to where people throw rocks at them. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
Israel is their country. The rock throwers are violating Israels law. Tough titty.

Where did I say kill? Lying about what others say, says a lot about you.

You replied to my post that Israel are using live fire on protestors, stating "tough titty".

What else can be implied?

You either agree or disagree with Israel murdering protestors, it's that simple.

So which is it?

Their crime at most was stone throwing.

This is clearly a use of excessive force and retaliation against protesters by live fire is unacceptable anywhere else, so why not Israel?
Hmm. So do you consider throwing rocks at someone to be a 'peaceful' thing? I've never thrown rocks at anyone because I know it to be considered everywhere in the world as an assault with a deadly weapon! Rocks can and will kill someone.

Remember that stoning was a punishment centuries ago? A punishment that lead to death.

I'll tell you what, and ask also if you would do anything different. I have a gun. Someone throws rocks at me, I will shoot back to defend myself.

The IDF (Israeli Doofus Force) are too stupid to figure out why people throw rock at them.

And time after time and time again they keep going back to where people throw rocks at them. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
Israel is their country. The rock throwers are violating Israels law. Tough titty.

Rock throwing is a criminal offense in the US, dumbass, it is not considered a form of protest.

Legal status
  • In the United States, rock-throwing is a felony[14][15] and rock-throwers could face criminal charges, dependent on the circumstances that may include second degree murder,[16] aggravated assault, throwing a missile into an occupied vehicle, criminal possession of a weapon, reckless endangerment of life, and aggravated assault with a lethal weapon.[10][17][18] Punishment upon conviction varies as with all punishments for all crimes. A Florida judge sentenced a teenager to serve life in prison for throwing rocks at cars.[16] A New England judge, ruling on teenagers convicted of throwing stones at passing trains, at windows, resulting in eye injuries to passengers, sentenced them to be kept in an eye-injury ward of a hospital for two weeks with their eyes bandaged, in order to make them understand the consequence of their delinquency.[19] Rock throwers can be charged, tried and convicted even when no injuries or damage result.[20]
  • In Great Britain, expansive legislation on public disorder introduced in 1986 allows stone throwers to be sentenced on average to 3.5 years in prison if the criminal justice system can prove that the action took place in a riot.[21]
  • Under Australian law, rock throwers can be sentenced to up to 5 years in prison.
  • Under American law they can receive very long sentences and even be sentenced to life in prison.[16][22][23] Under American law, individuals who were part of a group engaged in rock-throwing can be convicted and imprisoned even if they did not personally throw any missiles.[24][25]
  • In New Zealand, individuals who throw rocks at cars can serve 14 years for endangering transport.[26]
  • In Vietnam, youths convicted of "vandalism and battery" for throwing stones at vehicles have been imprisoned.[27]
  • In Turkey the Islamic Justice and Development Party (AKP) introduced a range of legal measures criminalizing both Kurdish political claims and protest activities by the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK). The harsh sentences handed down against stone throwing children (taş atan çocuklar) led to a public outcry and to an amendment reducing the length of the sentences on the grounds that it was inappropriate from ‘a criminal justice point of view’.[28]

A criminal offense doesn't equate to murdering the offender.

I see that the punishments you quoted are jail terms, not the death penalty.

Dumbass........

[Maybe you do condone murdering Israelis with heavy rocks?
But here is why the rules were changed about two years ago.
Arabs stop throwing rocks with the intent of killing Israelis, and there will be no need for any ammunitions, wouldn't that be right? ]

The new rules follow a recent heated political debate over how to counter stone-throwing in some Palestinian neighbourhoods of East Jerusalem and on West Bank roads, which gained added momentum after the recent death of an elderly motorist who died after crashing his car during an alleged stone-throwing incident in the city.

“We intend to change the norm that has become established here: that the state of Israel allows these deadly and murderous objects to be thrown without response and without being thwarted,” said Netanyahu in a statement issued after the vote.

“Until recently, police officers would open fire when their own lives were at risk,” Netanyahu said. “From now on, they will be allowed to open fire – and they will know they have a right to do so – when anyone’s life is in danger.

“We have decided to penalise more severely adult stone-throwers with a minimum sentence of four years in prison and also to authorise larger fines for minors and their parents,” the statement added.

“These sanctions apply to all Israeli citizens and residents of Israel,” it said, referring to Palestinian residents of East Jerusalem who do not have Israeli citizenship.

In recent weeks Netanyahu’s declared “war on stone throwers” and promises of zero tolerance have replaced the issue of Iran’s nuclear programme as his main preoccupation.

(full article online)

Israel relaxes live-fire rules against Palestinian stone-throwers

How about telling the Arabs to use all the Billions they keep getting in order to educate for peace and build infrastructure for their Palestine State?

It is an interesting problem. One I would like to see addressed by our Team Palestine.

How should rock-throwing be addressed? What is the appropriate response?

Not by murder that's for sure. Arrest the perpetrators and charge them with the equivalent punishment for assault would be appropriate.

That's how civilized nations deal with it.

Forum List

Back