Boycott Israel

Academia has gone even further with the enmity to Israel, falsely accusing Israel of breaching international law. They mobilize as part of the global boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) movement to turn Israeli academics into intellectual pariahs by excluding them from the intellectual marketplace of ideas. It is a one-dimensional approach seeking to silence Israel’s narrative with boycotts and arrest warrants.

These myths they propagate become widespread on the blogosphere, with groups on Facebook, threads on Twitter and countless videos on YouTube forming the basis of a digital pogrom against the Jewish narrative, whereby social media and on-line networking are employed to make the demonization of Israel part and parcel of mainstream discourse.

This process of delegitimization is an affront to freedom of speech, a fundamental right in a democracy.

They do this to no other country. Not to Syrian academics; not to Iranian or Saudi Arabian academics; not North Korean academics; not the scholars of many other countries with despotic regimes and a prevailing absence of human and civil rights, not to mention academic freedom. Only Israeli academics.

(full article online)

The Academic Pogrom Against Israel

Academia has gone even further with the enmity to Israel, falsely accusing Israel of breaching international law. They mobilize as part of the global boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) movement to turn Israeli academics into intellectual pariahs by excluding them from the intellectual marketplace of ideas. It is a one-dimensional approach seeking to silence Israel’s narrative with boycotts and arrest warrants.

These myths they propagate become widespread on the blogosphere, with groups on Facebook, threads on Twitter and countless videos on YouTube forming the basis of a digital pogrom against the Jewish narrative, whereby social media and on-line networking are employed to make the demonization of Israel part and parcel of mainstream discourse.

This process of delegitimization is an affront to freedom of speech, a fundamental right in a democracy.

They do this to no other country. Not to Syrian academics; not to Iranian or Saudi Arabian academics; not North Korean academics; not the scholars of many other countries with despotic regimes and a prevailing absence of human and civil rights, not to mention academic freedom. Only Israeli academics.

(full article online)

The Academic Pogrom Against Israel
Tissue?

<snip>Their crime at most was stone throwing.

This is clearly a use of excessive force and retaliation against protesters by live fire is unacceptable anywhere else, so why not Israel?
Hmm. So do you consider throwing rocks at someone to be a 'peaceful' thing? I've never thrown rocks at anyone because I know it to be considered everywhere in the world as an assault with a deadly weapon! Rocks can and will kill someone.

Remember that stoning was a punishment centuries ago? A punishment that lead to death.

I'll tell you what, and ask also if you would do anything different. I have a gun. Someone throws rocks at me, I will shoot back to defend myself.

But I suppose from your post that you would not? Laughable.

And I repeat because you chose to ignore the point:

"retaliation against protesters by live fire is unacceptable anywhere else, so why not Israel?"

Is retaliation against protesters by live fire acceptable in the US big mouth?

Show me some examples.

Their crime at most was stone throwing.

This is clearly a use of excessive force and retaliation against protesters by live fire is unacceptable anywhere else, so why not Israel?
Hmm. So do you consider throwing rocks at someone to be a 'peaceful' thing? I've never thrown rocks at anyone because I know it to be considered everywhere in the world as an assault with a deadly weapon! Rocks can and will kill someone.

Remember that stoning was a punishment centuries ago? A punishment that lead to death.

I'll tell you what, and ask also if you would do anything different. I have a gun. Someone throws rocks at me, I will shoot back to defend myself.

The IDF (Israeli Doofus Force) are too stupid to figure out why people throw rock at them.

And time after time and time again they keep going back to where people throw rocks at them. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
Israel is their country. The rock throwers are violating Israels law. Tough titty.

You're condoning killing protestors, says a lot about you

The IDF (Israeli Doofus Force) are too stupid to figure out why people throw rock at them.

And time after time and time again they keep going back to where people throw rocks at them. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
Israel is their country. The rock throwers are violating Israels law. Tough titty.

[Maybe you do condone murdering Israelis with heavy rocks?
But here is why the rules were changed about two years ago.
Arabs stop throwing rocks with the intent of killing Israelis, and there will be no need for any ammunitions, wouldn't that be right? ]

The new rules follow a recent heated political debate over how to counter stone-throwing in some Palestinian neighbourhoods of East Jerusalem and on West Bank roads, which gained added momentum after the recent death of an elderly motorist who died after crashing his car during an alleged stone-throwing incident in the city.

“We intend to change the norm that has become established here: that the state of Israel allows these deadly and murderous objects to be thrown without response and without being thwarted,” said Netanyahu in a statement issued after the vote.

“Until recently, police officers would open fire when their own lives were at risk,” Netanyahu said. “From now on, they will be allowed to open fire – and they will know they have a right to do so – when anyone’s life is in danger.

“We have decided to penalise more severely adult stone-throwers with a minimum sentence of four years in prison and also to authorise larger fines for minors and their parents,” the statement added.

“These sanctions apply to all Israeli citizens and residents of Israel,” it said, referring to Palestinian residents of East Jerusalem who do not have Israeli citizenship.

In recent weeks Netanyahu’s declared “war on stone throwers” and promises of zero tolerance have replaced the issue of Iran’s nuclear programme as his main preoccupation.

(full article online)

Israel relaxes live-fire rules against Palestinian stone-throwers

How about telling the Arabs to use all the Billions they keep getting in order to educate for peace and build infrastructure for their Palestine State?

"retaliation against protesters by live fire is unacceptable anywhere else, so why not Israel?"

Show me some examples.
Not since Kent State in 1970. There was a big stink about that.

Show me some examples.

Still happens all the time in Israel where they have not caught up with the civilized world.

Show me some examples.

Still happens all the time in Israel where they have not caught up with the civilized world.

A video about the protests about the Vietnam war.

Yes, everything to do with Israel.

:)

Where did I say kill? Lying about what others say, says a lot about you.

Rock throwing is a criminal offense in the US, dumbass, it is not considered a form of protest.

Legal status
  • In the United States, rock-throwing is a felony[14][15] and rock-throwers could face criminal charges, dependent on the circumstances that may include second degree murder,[16] aggravated assault, throwing a missile into an occupied vehicle, criminal possession of a weapon, reckless endangerment of life, and aggravated assault with a lethal weapon.[10][17][18] Punishment upon conviction varies as with all punishments for all crimes. A Florida judge sentenced a teenager to serve life in prison for throwing rocks at cars.[16] A New England judge, ruling on teenagers convicted of throwing stones at passing trains, at windows, resulting in eye injuries to passengers, sentenced them to be kept in an eye-injury ward of a hospital for two weeks with their eyes bandaged, in order to make them understand the consequence of their delinquency.[19] Rock throwers can be charged, tried and convicted even when no injuries or damage result.[20]
  • In Great Britain, expansive legislation on public disorder introduced in 1986 allows stone throwers to be sentenced on average to 3.5 years in prison if the criminal justice system can prove that the action took place in a riot.[21]
  • Under Australian law, rock throwers can be sentenced to up to 5 years in prison.
  • Under American law they can receive very long sentences and even be sentenced to life in prison.[16][22][23] Under American law, individuals who were part of a group engaged in rock-throwing can be convicted and imprisoned even if they did not personally throw any missiles.[24][25]
  • In New Zealand, individuals who throw rocks at cars can serve 14 years for endangering transport.[26]
  • In Vietnam, youths convicted of "vandalism and battery" for throwing stones at vehicles have been imprisoned.[27]
  • In Turkey the Islamic Justice and Development Party (AKP) introduced a range of legal measures criminalizing both Kurdish political claims and protest activities by the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK). The harsh sentences handed down against stone throwing children (taş atan çocuklar) led to a public outcry and to an amendment reducing the length of the sentences on the grounds that it was inappropriate from ‘a criminal justice point of view’.[28]

RE: Boycott Israel
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

I think you have make a mistake here.

(COMMENT)

Protests staged by the Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP), and similar anti-Israeli occur both here in the US (UCLA → University of California-Irvine → and Boston-U) and in Israel; but nothing on the order of American anti-War student protests, demonstrations and riots of the late 1960's and the early 1970's. The SJP (and other anti-Israeli hate groups) rarely draw draw more than 800 - to - 1000 students. And not very often at that; maybe once a year or so. Where as CSN&Y were singing protests like the 1970 Kent State University event in Ohio, or the great Draft Card Burning in Washington. There were many anti-War activities and some very famouus groups: Weather Underground Organization (WUO), and the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS). None of which had a gathering of less than a couple thousand students (even for a school like Kent State).

But there was a very significant difference in the protests, demonstrations and riots of a true anti-War complexion; that being in the US, it was US Citizens of the establishment versus the US Students of the Nation. Americans were criticizing Americans in America. It is not like the Arab-Palestinians trying to export trouble to the US on a question under debate in America, by Americans.

"I disapprove of what you say,
but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
Evelyn Beatrice Hall's
paraphrase of
François-Marie Arouet, (AKA: nom de plume Voltaire)

As the Vintage Contemporaries would say → One More Thing: The pro-Palestinians and the Arab League Nations they report to represent, have absolutely NO ROOM to talk concerning the Israels status in the civilized world. Israel and the Israelis are so much farther ahead of the regional Arab-Palestinans, that they will not be able to catch-up and achieve the same status as that of the Israels.

Most Respectfully,
R

Arabs stop throwing rocks with the intent of killing Israelis, and there will be no need for any ammunitions, wouldn't that be right? ]

The new rules follow a recent heated political debate over how to counter stone-throwing in some Palestinian neighbourhoods of East Jerusalem and on West Bank roads, which gained added momentum after the recent death of an elderly motorist who died after crashing his car during an alleged stone-throwing incident in the city.

“We intend to change the norm that has become established here: that the state of Israel allows these deadly and murderous objects to be thrown without response and without being thwarted,” said Netanyahu in a statement issued after the vote.

“Until recently, police officers would open fire when their own lives were at risk,” Netanyahu said. “From now on, they will be allowed to open fire – and they will know they have a right to do so – when anyone’s life is in danger.

“We have decided to penalise more severely adult stone-throwers with a minimum sentence of four years in prison and also to authorise larger fines for minors and their parents,” the statement added.

“These sanctions apply to all Israeli citizens and residents of Israel,” it said, referring to Palestinian residents of East Jerusalem who do not have Israeli citizenship.

In recent weeks Netanyahu’s declared “war on stone throwers” and promises of zero tolerance have replaced the issue of Iran’s nuclear programme as his main preoccupation.

(full article online)

How about telling the Arabs to use all the Billions they keep getting in order to educate for peace and build infrastructure for their Palestine State?

It is an interesting problem. One I would like to see addressed by our Team Palestine.

How should rock-throwing be addressed? What is the appropriate response?

(full article online)

It is an interesting problem. One I would like to see addressed by our Team Palestine.

Death by stoning?

(full article online)

Rock throwing is the response.

(full article online)

End the occupation.

(full article online)

End the occupation.

Oddly, the Hamas Charter speaks to the destruction of Israel as a religious duty.

(full article online)

End the occupation.

Oddly, the Hamas Charter speaks to the destruction of Israel as a religious duty.
Who was Israel's boogyman before there was Hamas?

Forum List

Back