Boy the Dodgers really got screwed

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
First of all, they won 106 games and the Giants won 107 so the second best team in baseball had to play a Wild Card game against St Louis. Somehow that ain't right.

In the next series because they didn't win their division, the Dodgers played the Giants and Giants got the home field advantage which I suppose was fair. But the two best teams in baseball should not have been pitted against one another so early in the playoffs.

So now, because the Dodgers are considered a Wild Card team, Atlanta got the home field advantage even though the Dodgers won 18 more games in the regular season. The Braves ended up with two 9th inning walk-offs at home to take a 2-0 lead.

The entire system needs to be revamped by MLB. Can't happen soon enough.

On a happy note for Dodger fans, they came from a 3-1 deficit against Atlanta last year and won. Go Blue!

1634578053953.png

Worst travesty of all is the "wildcard game," in which two successful teams play a ONE GAME PLAYOFF to see which one gets into the next series. No baseball championship should be decided by a single game. It is necessary in scholastic sports at times because of time constraints, but for professionals a one game playoff is a travesty, allowing one player (the best pitcher) to determine the outcome of a vital "series."

The decision to go to multiple divisions - shared by most professional sports - facilitated the real possibility of a below-.500 team winning it all, which is ridiculous. Or, as we see with SF/LA, the two best teams in MLB squaring off early in the playoffs.

It is almost as though they are trying to make as much money as possible, and damn the integrity of the game. How dare they?!

First of all, they won 106 games and the Giants won 107 so the second best team in baseball had to play a Wild Card game against St Louis. Somehow that ain't right.

In the next series because they didn't win their division, the Dodgers played the Giants and Giants got the home field advantage which I suppose was fair. But the two best teams in baseball should not have been pitted against one another so early in the playoffs.

So now, because the Dodgers are considered a Wild Card team, Atlanta got the home field advantage even though the Dodgers won 18 more games in the regular season. The Braves ended up with two 9th inning walk-offs at home to take a 2-0 lead.

On a happy note for Dodger fans, they came from a 3-1 deficit against Atlanta last year and won. Go Blue!

View attachment 553312
Your a bitch.

View attachment 553312
you cant the change the rules just because you dont like them.....and its no ones fault that the 2 teams with the most wins played in the same division.....its just the way it happened....

View attachment 553312
Being a Reds fan, I just want you to know how my heart bleeds for you and your big money team.

In fact, I can even feel the tears well up in my eyes over it.

Can there never be any justice in this world?

Incidentally, MLB is dead. The same old tired teams are there every year.

Being a Reds fan, I just want you to know how my heart bleeds for you and your big money team.

In fact, I can even feel the tears well up in my eyes over it.

Can there never be any justice in this world?

Incidentally, MLB is dead. The same old tired teams are there every year.

Thank you for your heartfelt condolences ;) But Yankees payroll is far bigger than Dodgers and how’d they do this year?

As for “same old tired teams”? Hmmm, sure doesn’t look that way to me!

Worst travesty of all is the "wildcard game," in which two successful teams play a ONE GAME PLAYOFF to see which one gets into the next series. No baseball championship should be decided by a single game. It is necessary in scholastic sports at times because of time constraints, but for professionals a one game playoff is a travesty, allowing one player (the best pitcher) to determine the outcome of a vital "series."

The decision to go to multiple divisions - shared by most professional sports - facilitated the real possibility of a below-.500 team winning it all, which is ridiculous. Or, as we see with SF/LA, the two best teams in MLB squaring off early in the playoffs.

It is almost as though they are trying to make as much money as possible, and damn the integrity of the game. How dare they?!
The schedule is woefully unbalanced and the interleague games can be terrible as each team plays select teams who may be better. The best situation would be 2 fifteen team leagues. Balance as much as they can with that.

6th inning. Dodgers are having a tough time. 1-4 Braves, at this moment but in baseball, anything can happen. It will be good to see that Braves in the W.S. but it's not over yet.

Forum List

Back