Boy King?

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Lotta people flapping thier gums about Obama the "Boy King" meaning he is an out of control despot.

Here are the facts
2009 Obama signing statements...7
2001 Bush signing statements...24

Wouldn't this be a fair gauge of Hubris?

Who was the Boy King again?

Your thoughts?

Spin it anyway you want to. It's your story... No matter how you do it though, Owe Bama is just plain fucked up.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Lotta people flapping thier gums about Obama the "Boy King" meaning he is an out of control despot.

Here are the facts

Your thoughts?

it goes unnoticed if the signing statements are done by a president of ones own party, it seems...?

i haven't seen a thing to make me think obama is a or thinks he is a ''boy king'' yet these repubs act as though the world is coming to an end but when bush was president i was certain he was the evil one, the antichrist or cheney certainly was! :eek:

:rofl:

i guess it's someone elses turn to be totally freaked out!

Here are the facts

Your thoughts?

it goes unnoticed if the signing statements are done by a president of ones own party, it seems...?

i haven't seen a thing to make me think obama is a or thinks he is a ''boy king'' yet these repubs act as though the world is coming to an end but when bush was president i was certain he was the evil one, the antichrist or cheney certainly was! :eek:

:rofl:

i guess it's someone elses turn to be totally freaked out!

I Know!! (spoken like Craig Ferguson:lol:)

I wonder why in 15 months nobody has brought this fair factual comparison? Well I know why the fundis haven't ..but really ... it is such a no-brainer:lol: Thanks for your input.

Here are the facts

Your thoughts?

I assumed by boy king they meant inexperienced. A despot is a tyrant.

I can't wait until the 2012 presidential debates and someone with a brain starts challenging candidates with facts, like when SS & Medicare go bankrupt. Then add in the total deficit times the rising interest rates.....we'll see who is a boy and who knows what they're doing.

How much TARP money did ACORN get?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I can't wait until the 2012 presidential debates and someone with a brain starts challenging candidates with facts, like when SS & Medicare go bankrupt. Then add in the total deficit times the rising interest rates.....we'll see who is a boy and who knows what they're doing.

I didn't know ACORN got TARP money. Send us your link. I would be interested in seeing it.

This thread is about signing statements...try and pay attention..try to stay on topic or start a thread on SS, ACORN and medicare.

Thank you.

Obama Pulls Back from Signing Statements | 44 | washingtonpost.com

'There is no doubt that the practice of issuing such statements can be abused," Obama said in the memo. "I will issue signing statements to address constitutional concerns only when it is appropriate to do so as a means of discharging my constitutional responsibilities."

7 huh....constitutional concerns only huh...

Presidential Signing Statements

February 17, 2009 Statement on Signing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
March 11, 2009 Statement on Signing the Omnibus Appropriations Act, 2009
March 30, 2009 Statement on Signing the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009
May 20, 2009 Statement on Signing the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009
June 2, 2009 Statement on Signing the Ronald Reagan Centennial Commission Act
June 24, 2009 Statement on Signing the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2009
November 11, 2009 Statement on Signing the Military Spouses Residency Relief Act

'There is no doubt that the practice of issuing such statements can be abused," Obama said in the memo. "I will issue signing statements to address constitutional concerns only when it is appropriate to do so as a means of discharging my constitutional responsibilities."

February 17, 2009 Statement on Signing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
March 30, 2009 Statement on Signing the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009
May 20, 2009 Statement on Signing the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009
November 11, 2009 Statement on Signing the Military Spouses Residency Relief Act

I didn't research the whole topic. I just had a question about it floating in my head..a general question and I saw the discrepency in the numbers.. That's why I brought it here for discussion. So what you are saying is Obama is confined by a previous statement?

How many pieces of legislation did President Bush force on the people against their will?

I didn't research the whole topic. I just had a question about it floating in my head..a general question and I saw the discrepency in the numbers.. That's why I brought it here for discussion. So what you are saying is Obama is confined by a previous statement?

it is a good topic....the aba oppsed bush doing it and will oppose obama....obama ran on change and that it wouldn't be four more years of bush.....new boss same as the old boss.....obama said what he said....words mean things ....he should pick his words more carefully.....

it is a good topic....the aba oppsed bush doing it and will oppose obama....obama ran on change and that it wouldn't be four more years of bush.....new boss same as the old boss.....obama said what he said....words mean things ....he should pick his words more carefully.....

I hear your points but in the spirit of fairness could you provide Obamas statement? Yes words do mean something and I would like to see them.

Here are the facts

Your thoughts?

Obama = Bush-III

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Here are the facts

Your thoughts?

My thoughts? An analogy:

You have a female friend who is in a relationship with an abusive man. He is disrespectful, unfaithful, arrogant, steals from her. He cheats, mocks her when she isn't around, never looks out for her interests or feelings. Only stays with her because she sleeps with him. And she asks you for advice.

Your advice? "Well, remember the boyfriend before that, he was WAY worse, so stick with this one since he's not as bad as the one before."

Yeah. Great logic.

One day, I predict around November 25th, 2045, the left will end their obsession with George W. Bush. But no sooner. Until then, they will not back away from Obomber's pelvis long enough to see the destruction he is bringing in our future.

Here are the facts

Your thoughts?

My thoughts? An analogy:

You have a female friend who is in a relationship with an abusive man. He is disrespectful, unfaithful, arrogant, steals from her. He cheats, mocks her when she isn't around, never looks out for her interests or feelings. Only stays with her because she sleeps with him. And she asks you for advice.

Your advice? "Well, remember the boyfriend before that, he was WAY worse, so stick with this one since he's not as bad as the one before."

Yeah. Great logic.

One day, I predict around November 25th, 2045, the left will end their obsession with George W. Bush. But no sooner. Until then, they will not back away from Obomber's pelvis long enough to see the destruction he is bringing in our future.

OK fair enough... But...If you want to go down this road I insist we go down it honestly..which reminds me of a recent short story of my own...bear with me.

Then there is that annoying smoking guy that is already sitting on your desk when you show up for the days activities in the oval office. He calmly explains some "truths" and how it really works and you are so stunned that you can't even speak...and when he puts his cigarrette out in the top of your desk right next to those other ciggy burns that no one seems to want to talk about ...and he walks out of your office...you finnaly "get it" and start thinking about Michelle and the brats and all that hopey changy promises shit ...well it just doesn't seem so ...well...practical... any more.

Obama is in for one or two terms. The people that really make most of the laws and the rules are probably really amused with things like elections but tommorow is going to be another workng day. They make allowances ..pay huge somes of money ..expect returns of a thousand to one....

That doesn't mean we should not talk about how to get our country back. Do I think that the lions of industry would threaten our president.? Gosh no... they don't take him that seriously. They have people that can do that.

Last edited:

Here are the facts

Your thoughts?
Presidential statement signing started with Monroe. There have been 250 since Reagan. Not sure where you got 7 for Bush.

Obama has been called a lot things, but a boy. He's 49 years old.

How many pieces of legislation did President Bush force on the people against their will?

ahem....i can't believe you are even asking that? sheesh....shows your blind spot avatar!

btw, obama forced nothing on anyone.....congress created and voted for the health reform bill....he signed what was PASSED by congress avatar....

Forum List

Back