Boy Escapes Brown Bear Stalking Him...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012

The footage may be alarming, but the boy seen in the video claims he wasn’t scared at all.

A 12-year-old Italian boy named Alessandro recently ran into a bear during a family hike in the mountains of Trentino, but instead of fleeing in fear, he asked his mom’s partner to start filming.

“When I went down to [collect] some pine buds … the bear’s head was 2 meters away from me,” Alessandro told Italian news network RAI of the hair-raising moment, according to a translation. “I turned slowly, I saw the bear wasn’t so aggressive, and I asked [my mom’s boyfriend] if he could make me a video.”

I probably would have just shit myself, as the bear gnawed on my head. :dunno:

You know, if you have a bear stalking you, the best thing to do is go downhill. Bears have short front legs and longer back legs, meaning that it is hard for them to go downhill. And, if they try and go too fast, they end up turning into a furry rolling boulder.

Learned that in jr. high when I was a Scout. We were camping up in the mountains, and a few of us decided to go on a hike. Well, about 1/2 mile into it, we heard some bear cubs, looked up the hill, and saw the 2 cubs and momma bear. We were already downhill from her in the bottom of the ravine, and we took off down the trail. She didn't come down to where we were, but she side hilled us for about 1/2 mile before turning around and going back to her cubs.

Why didn't you just fire a couple warning shots with your pistols ?

Because we didn't have guns. It was a Scout camping trip, and we were all in 5th and 6th grade. Besides, we all knew how to handle bears, as they are pretty common up in that part of Montana.

This is almost as much not news as the woman who called police in a park.

Jesus, how difficult is it? Current RELEVANT events.

angry bear standing (4).jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back