Bowling Stories

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Have always sucked at this. Being from NE, I was obligated to try Candle pin Bowling several times but hated it. Not a sport for me unless you get to hit someone (which could be very hazardous in bowling).

Have always sucked at this. Being from NE, I was obligated to try Candle pin Bowling several times but hated it. Not a sport for me unless you get to hit someone (which could be very hazardous in bowling).
I once broke the lane's record for gutter balls. Pretty big deal.

I like those things they let the really little kids use to roll the ball straight down the lane. Those things that block off gutter balls are pretty convenient too.

I can roll the ball straight and with some force. And that is about it. Works ok. To "aim" I have to step to the side.

Damn, you guys never really bowled?
My friend at the corner used to run the bowling alley and I was his ride to and from work.
He was expert and taught me how.
My style is not like his though. I'll never forget his style..extreme left spin, but he could get a strike every time almost.

Last edited:
I used to play and loved it. Not great at it, but good enough.

Same here. It was pretty popular when I was in college when they did the all you can bowl nights along with cheap pitchers. It was one of those things where drinkers and non-drinkers could both have an equally good time. Unfortunately the alley got sold and the new owners ended all you can bowl.

I bowled a 301.

Bowling is a great ametuer sport. You can win upto 150k in it as an ametuer. This allows me to go to tournements year round unless I win the hoynke classic. I can typically only golf two or three tournements per year and then I am at the max in cash prize and half to forgo any winnings for the rest of the season or get my pga card. PGA cards are not easy to obtain. Sure would like to obtain one though most golf courses allow you to play free if you hold a pga card. I have two good friends that have one and I am jealouse when they wip that out and get the free rounds. Kinda jealous when I see thier score cards tooo.

I was on a league for several years. Personal best game was 268.
One guy on league was a two handed roller and that powerful shot always delivered a strike. Saw him get many 300 games.

Forum List

Back