Bought a new TV last Saturday and just learning how to use it. Samsung 4K Ultra HDR Smart LED TV

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
This is my first time buying a TV since 2010. And I noticed new TV today are not ready to be placed on a TV stand as soon as you take it out the box. You have to screw the legs on at the bottom so you can put it on the stand. I dont think I want another new tv after this one because the set up process is too aggravating.

Yes, my eldest so bought the same kind of TV a couple of years back and it's a pain.

And I want to know why when I change the source to TV and watch over the air channels, the TV cuts off after a few hours

And I want to know why when I change the source to TV and watch over the air channels, the TV cuts off after a few hours
that's the power saver. You have to go to settings to turn it off or set a longer duration.

I've never bought a TV.

. . . well, not technically.

I screwed a delivery up once, and scratched one up a bit. . . and had to pay for that out of my several months paychecks back in the nineties. It wasn't any big deal. I still have that one in storage someplace. But it is a bit outdated.

But, for the time, it was about the end of the run for CRT tech. . . and it is a sweet stereo, Picture in Picture, set up.

Should I ever want to find some old classic video game systems, to replace the ones I lost in the flood, those always look best on CRT tech.

. . . other than that, I don't know why, but I always end up with other folks left over TEE VEE's. Everyone always wants new, bigger, faster, better. SO I just sort of fall into free TV's all the time.

:heehee:

This is my first time buying a TV since 2010. And I noticed new TV today are not ready to be placed on a TV stand as soon as you take it out the box. You have to screw the legs on at the bottom so you can put it on the stand. I dont think I want another new tv after this one because the set up process is too aggravating.
Watch out about the tech in those new TEE VEE's. Make sure to turn off the passive subliminal mind control tech off. . . .

Otherwise, you will start having all sorts of unwanted thoughts, delusions, paranoia, and feelings that will making living very uncomfortable.

They don't design todays televisions to last 10 years or more.

With ever evolving electronic technology, the television that you just purchased will likely be obsolete in less than 5 years.

They don't design todays televisions to last 10 years or more.

With ever evolving electronic technology, the television that you just purchased will likely be obsolete in less than 5 years.
It's destructive and wasteful is what it is. . .

The legs aren't attached because most intelligent people mount then on the wall.

Derp

The legs aren't attached because most intelligent people mount then on the wall.

Derp
Right. . . because the whole world is as well off as you, owns their home and property, stays in the same place and settles, and can put holes in their walls.

. . . why do you make the assumption that all folks are just like you?

It probably won't last 3-4 years anyway, though maybe a Samsung or an LG might. Good luck with it. I've only owned one big screen and will probably never buy another one.

Right. . . because the whole world is as well off as you, owns their home and property, stays in the same place and settles, and can put holes in their walls.

. . . why do you make the assumption that all folks are just like you?

Well, the holes are small, and putty and a little spackle aren't hard to use.

Well, the holes are small, and putty and a little spackle aren't hard to use.
Most places will use any excuse to keep your security deposit.

It just isn't worth the risk. . . let you want to repaint the entire place.

If you were a landlord, and were showing a new tenet a place, would you want little white spackled holes all over the wall?

Most places will use any excuse to keep your security deposit.

It just isn't worth the risk. . . let you want to repaint the entire place.

If you were a landlord, and were showing a new tenet a place, would you want little white spackled holes all over the wall?

Well, I didn't claim white putty and spackle would look okay on brown or red walls. Probably need colored putty and spackle on those.

How big do you think the mounting screws are, anyway? 3-4 feet in diameter each? Nobody is allowed to hang pictures in rental properties and stuff?

Forum List

Back