Bought a new gaming pc today.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20200801_101441.jpg

I'm super excited

No more 4k with 40 fps for me lol

Well the next time you are unessential it will come in handy then...............

We are finally getting a few more people back but still way way down on numbers.....think it's PHASE 3 of the grand reopening...............some of those that came back are FAT NOW THOUGH.....I mean they been eating and the heat is killing them

LOL

Should have bought it at the beginning of this pandemic.

Buying gaming PC's is boring to me. I've been building systems since I was a junior in high school. That's fun. To order like 10 different components, 10 different user manuals and instruction manuals, tons of wires and connectors and all this shit and when you get done, you plug it in and suddenly a computer comes to life. To those who think a computer is simple, to start with a fresh machine you have to order:

1. A case
2. A power supply
3. A mother board
4. RAM for board
5. Hard drive
6. Video card
7. Keyboard and mouse if you want new there as well
8. Processor
9. Processor heat sink and fan
10. Used to have buy a sound card but computers are so powerful the built in sound cards in the motherboards are fantastic.
11. Any additional accessories you might want like another case fan, a 2nd hard drive, bluetooth capability, etc.

The only problem with doing it like this, and it's been knocked out pretty good with Win 10's ability to scan for drivers online, is that there is no one stop shop for drivers for everything like if you buy a premade machine from a company. So if you want drivers for the video card, you must go to the video card manufacturers website. Drivers for the motherboard, motherboard website. Drivers for any kind of accessories you have to go that website, which used to be a major PITA. But Win10 makes drivers easier to find, as does websites that will find them for you.

This way I can get exactly the specs I want and save money. 32GB is RAM is a little weak, I had 32 in my gaming machine back in 2017. 1TB solid state is ok, but again, these are like specs from my 2017 machine. But it will play games well.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Should have bought it at the beginning of this pandemic.

Buying gaming PC's is boring to me. I've been building systems since I was a junior in high school. That's fun. To order like 10 different components, 10 different user manuals and instruction manuals, tons of wires and connectors and all this shit and when you get done, you plug it in and suddenly a computer comes to life. To those who think a computer is simple, to start with a fresh machine you have to order:

1. A case
2. A power supply
3. A mother board
4. RAM for board
5. Hard drive
6. Video card
7. Keyboard and mouse if you want new there as well
8. Processor
9. Processor heat sink and fan
10. Any additional accessories you might want like another case fan, a 2nd hard drive, bluetooth capability, etc.

The only problem with doing it like this, and it's been knocked out pretty good with Win 10's ability to scan for drivers online, is that there is no one stop shop for drivers for everything like if you buy a premade machine from a company. So if you want drivers for the video card, you must go to the video card manufacturers website. Drivers for the motherboard, motherboard website. Drivers for any kind of accessories you have to go that website, which used to be a major PITA. But Win10 makes drivers easier to find, as does websites that will find them for you.

This way I can get exactly the specs I want and save money. 32GB is RAM is a little weak, I had 32 in my gaming machine back in 2017. 1TB solid state is ok, but again, these are like specs from my 2017 machine. But it will play games well.
I built my last one and was just going to upgrade it but this was too good a deal for the parts included

How does a gaming computer compare to a gaming platform like a play station?

PCs allow for more customization and are easier/cheaper to upgrade than a console like a PS4.

A decently built PC will always have better graphics, processing speed, memory storage and user optimization than a console.

And you can put together your own PC that will be a higher quality machine for nearly the cost of what the next gen consoles (PS5 and XBox Series X) will be.

Last edited:
How does a gaming computer compare to a gaming platform like a play station?

A gaming platform is like a Subaru. Yea, decent, reliable will get you where you need to go, but it won't do anything exceptionally well.

A gaming machine is like a Corvette. Powerful, fast and exceptionally good at graphic intensive games. You also can upgrade a gaming PC and keep it current for years. A PS4 is a PS4 and isn't really up gradable as everything is soldered together.

Gaming consoles are best for 18 wheeler drivers as they are self contained units and are small. Gaming PC's will be larger but will blow away any console with power and speed. And a PS4 is really just for gaming. A gaming PC can be used for any application you need a computer for. Consoles are great for plug and play ease. People who build gaming PC's usually are more involved in the PC itself and enjoy the build of the machine as much as using it later.

Try to compose a letter on a PS4.

Well the next time you are unessential it will come in handy then...............

We are finally getting a few more people back but still way way down on numbers.....think it's PHASE 3 of the grand reopening...............some of those that came back are FAT NOW THOUGH.....I mean they been eating and the heat is killing them

LOL
I bought an XBOX0NE during the lockdown....and haven't played it since I went back to work.

Forum List

Back