Boston has its snowiest month on record

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
Boston's brutal winter has made its way into the record books.
After yet another blizzard last week, the city marked its snowiest month since record-keeping started in 1872, forecasters said Sunday.
"It's official, Boston has reached its snowiest month on record with 45.5 total inches," the National Weather Service tweeted early Sunday. "The old record was 43.3 in January 2005."
Boston has its snowiest month on record - CNN.com
Is it something surprising for the city? As I see this problem: the city population must be ready and protected from such usual things as cold and snow. But it didn't happen. The problem is still harmful. Why?

Just looking at the photos from our son, DIL and grand kids make me cold.

Climate change, not to be confused with "weather", is real, its here and people are having to deal with the results of it.

Just looking at the photos from our son, DIL and grand kids make me cold.

Climate change, not to be confused with "weather", is real, its here and people are having to deal with the results of it.

So which one caused that four feet of snow? In Boston? In February? To go with that other three feet of snow? In Boston? In January?

Remember, folks, it's just weather. Boston will be underwater in ten years.

I heard on the national news last night that it would be a "last resort" to dump all that snow into the Boston Harbor. I guess they are worried about starting the flood early.
ROTFL110x85.gif

not a big deal to me and I find it amusing that people aren't able to take care of themselves . He11 , I grew up with huge amounts of snow and I'd go to work on the Railroad when it was 50 below zero . Also lived in Buffalo where winters are said to be brutal but were actually mild compared to the U.P. .

here is an unpaid expert, no government grants coming his way to sway his opinion. remember follow the money! Founder of the weather channel now an outsider because he can see through the BS and will not preach the religion of the left

now I see roads closed because of a blizzard . I'd hitch hike to Chicago in a blizzard take shelter under a bridge if traffic was sparse . Course I was 16 years old and after I got my own car after I'd drive down m28 in a blizzard to Munising Michigan just to buy beer and peanuts . Now I suppose there are gov men on the 2 lane highway stopping your travel due to safety concerns .

quite a country that's being created !! A country of gov men the herders and taxpayers the sheep .

These damn Yankees are burning too much heating oil and natural gas...which Texas sends them to keep their asses from freezing to death.

And burning all this heating oil & natural gas is causing Global Warming which is what is making it so cold in New England, and yet the damn Yankees blame Texas for the Global Warming, and want to kill the oil and natural gas business.

A Northeast liberal pinhead is nothing if not a fool and a hypocrite.

After yet another blizzard last week, the city marked its snowiest month since record-keeping started in 1872, forecasters said Sunday.
"It's official, Boston has reached its snowiest month on record with 45.5 total inches," the National Weather Service tweeted early Sunday. "The old record was 43.3 in January 2005."
Is it something surprising for the city? As I see this problem: the city population must be ready and protected from such usual things as cold and snow. But it didn't happen. The problem is still harmful. Why?
How did the same month rank in terms of temperature?

Boston's just getting back to normal.

When I was a kid living just South of Boston I walked 2 miles uphill in blinding snow to school several times each winter. Then back home in the late afternoon by which time the drifts had made the walk home uphill, too.

Massachusetts is a GREAT place......

to be from.

climate change mentioned , I don't know or care . I remember back in the early 70s when the big pseudo news was the coming Ice Age . It never came I guess .

More evidence that "man-made global warming" is a religion rather than a science. Even though the snow is over your head you have to have faith rather than trust your common sense and you have to trust the dogma issued by the high priests even if you can see that they are hypocrites who use the religion to gain political power.

One, it's all coming at once...the work crews simply can't clear it. It is literally coming faster than they can work.

Two, it is at the point now there is simply nowhere to put it! There are 6-8' snowbanks everywhere. Intersections are dangerous because there is absolutely no visibility!

New Topics

Forum List

Back