Boston Globe - Gaza Civil War Is Israel's Fault

red states rule

May 30, 2006
The Boston Globe attacked Israel and praised Yasser Arafat. More rewriting of history by the liberal media

Senseless in Gaza
June 14, 2007

snip........

The Hamas campaign to eradicate Fatah from Gaza is certainly not the sole cause of Gazans' misery. They long suffered from Israel's suffocating occupation, and then from Ariel Sharon's foolishly unilateral withdrawal in 2005, a move that allowed Hamas to bid for power with the misleading claim that its rockets and suicide bombings had driven Israeli soldiers and settlers out of Gaza. Gazans were victimized as well by the corruption and misrule of Yasser Arafat's Fatah cronies.

The bitterness of the civil war that has forced the United Nations relief agency to suspend all but emergency deliveries of food and medical supplies is clear in the epithets the two sides use for each other. Hamas calls the Fatah fighters "the Jew-American army" while Fatah, alluding to Iran's backing for Hamas, calls the Sunni Muslims of Hamas "the Shi'ites."

What looms ahead is a division between a Fatah-ruled West Bank and a Gaza that is already being called Hamastan. Arafat may be remembered today for his many failings, but the cardinal rule of all his exasperating deceits and maneuvers was to avoid precisely this sundering of the Palestinian national movement. Arafat understood that without Palestinian unity there could be no hope of an independent Palestinian state.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/editorials/articles/2007/06/14/senseless_in_gaza/

RSR sez:

"The Boston Globe attacked Israel and praised Yasser Arafat. More rewriting of history by the liberal media"

The Boston Globe sez:

"Gazans were victimized as well by the corruption and misrule of Yasser Arafat's Fatah cronies".

high praise indeed! :)

RSR sez:

"The Boston Globe attacked Israel and praised Yasser Arafat. More rewriting of history by the liberal media"

The Boston Globe sez:

"Gazans were victimized as well by the corruption and misrule of Yasser Arafat's Fatah cronies".

high praise indeed! :)

You must of ignored these statements

They long suffered from Israel's suffocating occupation, and then from Ariel Sharon's foolishly unilateral withdrawal in 2005, a move that allowed Hamas to bid for power with the misleading claim that its rockets and suicide bombings had driven Israeli soldiers and settlers out of Gaza. Gazans were victimized as well by the corruption and misrule of Yasser Arafat's Fatah cronies.

and

Arafat understood that without Palestinian unity there could be no hope of an independent Palestinian state.

You must not have read the entire link - nothing new for you

You must of ignored these statements

They long suffered from Israel's suffocating occupation, and then from Ariel Sharon's foolishly unilateral withdrawal in 2005, a move that allowed Hamas to bid for power with the misleading claim that its rockets and suicide bombings had driven Israeli soldiers and settlers out of Gaza. Gazans were victimized as well by the corruption and misrule of Yasser Arafat's Fatah cronies.
and

Arafat understood that without Palestinian unity there could be no hope of an independent Palestinian state.

You must not have read the entire link - nothing new for you

Do you disagree that the first bolded statement is hardly praising Arafat?

Do you disagree with the Globe's underlined suggestion that Arafat knew that unity was critical to a Palestinian state?

and I can tell you, having travelled through both the west bank and gaza on numerous occasions, the standard of living there was abysmal and the Israeli occupiers were unconcerned with justice or diplomacy - only maintaining iron fisted contol.

Do you disagree that the first bolded statement is hardly praising Arafat?

Do you disagree with the Globe's underlined suggestion that Arafat knew that unity was critical to a Palestinian state?

Arafat was a fucking terrorist and blood thirsty killer

Only the liberal media would have good things to say about this thug, and at the same time, bash Israel

Arafat was a fucking terrorist and blood thirsty killer

Only the liberal media would have good things to say about this thug, and at the same time, bash Israel

calling him corrupt is a good thing?

and answer my question: what about Arafat's position about palestinian unity being necessary for the birth of a palestinian state do you disagree with?

calling him corrupt is a good thing?

and answer my question: what about Arafat's position about palestinian unity being necessary for the birth of a palestinian state do you disagree with?

Hitler had the same vison about Germany

tell me: how is Arafat's vision of uniting two warring factions - Hamas and Fatah - any different than Bush's vision of uniting sunnis and shiites in Iraq?

Arafat would kill anyone who got in his way, and was a terrorist

It that to easy for you to understand?

you didn't answer the question. I did not talk about his methods, but his vision for a unified Palestine versus Bush's vision of a unified Iraq.

can you address that point and explain the difference?

you didn't answer the question. I did not talk about his methods, but his vision for a unified Palestine versus Bush's vision of a unified Iraq.

can you address that point and explain the difference?

I know you would not care if Arafat was a terrorist - you have to defend the liberal media and bring Bush bashing into the topic

and, of course I know that Arafat was a terrorist. I have written the final drafts of a score of communiques from Arafat to Waldheim. I know what a prick he was. His point was still valid, however: he did not believe that the palestinians could ever convince Israel or the rest of the world, for that matter, that they deserved their own state if they could not be unified in their efforts to do so. Do you disagree with that point?

and, of course I know that Arafat was a terrorist. I have written the final drafts of a score of communiques from Arafat to Waldheim. I know what a prick he was. His point was still valid, however: he did not believe that the palestinians could ever convince Israel or the rest of the world, for that matter, that they deserved their own state if they could not be unified in their efforts to do so. Do you disagree with that point?

He tried to accomplish those goals with terrorism and murder

and the liberal Boston Globe praises him and blames Israel for the current violence.

That is the topic of this thread

I knew when Israel gave in to terrorist demands, they would pay a price. They have and still are

He tried to accomplish those goals with terrorism and murder

and the liberal Boston Globe praises him and blames Israel for the current violence.

That is the topic of this thread

I knew when Israel gave in to terrorist demands, they would pay a price. They have and still are

the topic of the thread? I quoted a sentence from your link regarding Arafat's views for palestinian statehood. I quoted a sentence where the Globe called him corrupt. you refuse to address either. and you talk about ME staying away from the topic of the thread? :rofl:

the topic of the thread? I quoted a sentence from your link regarding Arafat's views for palestinian statehood. I quoted a sentence where the Globe called him corrupt. you refuse to address either. and you talk about ME staying away from the topic of the thread? :rofl:

MM the defender of the liberal media

Globe says:

"Ariel Sharon's foolishly unilateral withdrawal in 2005, a move that allowed Hamas to bid for power with the misleading claim that its rockets and suicide bombings had driven Israeli soldiers and settlers out of Gaza"
RSR says:

"I knew when Israel gave in to terrorist demands, they would pay a price. They have and still are"

sounds to me like RSR could have written the article for the Globe.... if RSR could actually write, that is.

Globe says:

"Ariel Sharon's foolishly unilateral withdrawal in 2005, a move that allowed Hamas to bid for power with the misleading claim that its rockets and suicide bombings had driven Israeli soldiers and settlers out of Gaza"
RSR says:

"I knew when Israel gave in to terrorist demands, they would pay a price. They have and still are"

sounds to me like RSR could have written the article for the Globe.... if RSR could actually write, that is.

When one give in to the demands of terroists - you will suffer for it

Now if the Dems would learn that lesson.............

Forum List

Back