Boris Johnson warns of the lethality of the British strain

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Friday that the new English variant of covid-19, B117, may be associated with a higher level of mortality, although he said

Read more :

Boris Johnson warns of the lethality of the British strain | tellerreport.com
This "reporter" can't write in English at all. Or format a website. I would wonder if that's a toxic website, not safe. It says nothing we haven't read two or three weeks ago. Slightly higher transmission. Therefore if more people get COVID, more deaths because more are sick.

Not sicker, just more people sick.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Friday that the new English variant of covid-19, B117, may be associated with a higher level of mortality, although he said

Read more :

This "reporter" can't write in English at all. Or format a website. I would wonder if that's a toxic website, not safe. It says nothing we haven't read two or three weeks ago. Slightly higher transmission. Therefore if more people get COVID, more deaths because more are sick.

I’m translating this for you from a French site.

'We have been informed today that in addition to its faster spread, there is now also evidence that the new variant - the variant that was first discovered in London and the south-east (of England) - could be associated with a higher level of mortality,' said the UK Prime Minister at a press conference .

Patrick Vallance took the example of a man in his sixties, for whom the risk of mortality would be 10 per 1,000 patients with the old virus, and 13 to 14 per 1,000 with the variant.
'But it is of course a concern that there is an increase in mortality at the same time as an increase in communicability. '

Coronavirus: Le variant "anglais" pourrait être plus mortel, dit Johnson

Read more :

'We have been informed today that in addition to its faster spread, there is now also evidence that the new variant - the variant that was first discovered in London and the south-east (of England) - could be associated with a higher level of mortality,' said the UK Prime Minister at a press conference .

Patrick Vallance took the example of a man in his sixties, for whom the risk of mortality would be 10 per 1,000 patients with the old virus, and 13 to 14 per 1,000 with the variant.
'But it is of course a concern that there is an increase in mortality at the same time as an increase in communicability. '

Oh, it was originally in FRENCH!! Okay, I am aware the French don't like to speak English. We appreciate your doing so, Dahlia. I could probably struggle through the French version better than that website; feel free to post a URL to French articles.

According to your translation, there could indeed be a problem with slightly increased mortality. That would really stink. I guess we'll hear more about that soon, if true. Apparently the vaccine works on it. Need to get that vaccine OUT, first come, first served, quit with the barriers and appointments and selection.

Read more :

Oh, it was originally in FRENCH!! Okay, I am aware the French don't like to speak English. We appreciate your doing so, Dahlia. I could probably struggle through the French version better than that website; feel free to post a URL to French articles.

According to your translation, there could indeed be a problem with slightly increased mortality. That would really stink. I guess we'll hear more about that soon, if true. Apparently the vaccine works on it. Need to get that vaccine OUT, first come, first served, quit with the barriers and appointments and selection.
Thank you very much my first post with the link I gave was originally in English but I found this one in French because the announcement of Boris Johnson I saw in the French media live.
Johnson said, however, that all current evidence shows that both vaccines are still effective against new and old variants.

Thank you very much my first post with the link I gave was originally in English but I found this one in French because the announcement of Boris Johnson I saw in the French media live.
Johnson said, however, that all current evidence shows that both vaccines are still effective against new and old variants.
I sure hope that continues to be true. I have read some ominous rumblings about the South African variant possibly mutating out of range; I don't think they really know yet. Then last night I was reading this virus book and it said RNA viruses mutate MUCH MUCH more often than DNA viruses. COVID, of course, is an RNA virus. And, yeah, they are already finding all sorts of mutations. This is common enough with diseases that they call a bunch of nearby variants a "species," it said, and as long as it doesn't evade a vaccine (or change something direly for the worse, like transmissibility or virulence) it shouldn't matter. I hope.

B117 is a collection of 17 mutations, not just one. This is what makes it easy to propagandize in the media, because whomever mentions the ‘British strain’ does not explain this. The most important of the series of 17 is N501Y. N501Y happened first in Chinese lab mice. The ‘British strain’ has just been found in China.

China’s Tianjin Identifies Mutant Strain in Imported COVID-19 Case
’....first found in Britain....lived in Ghana....’

Which one is Boris talking about?

B117 is a collection of 17 mutations, not just one. This is what makes it easy to propagandize in the media, because whomever mentions the ‘British strain’ does not explain this. The most important of the series of 17 is N501Y. N501Y happened first in Chinese lab mice. The ‘British strain’ has just been found in China.

China’s Tianjin Identifies Mutant Strain in Imported COVID-19 Case
’....first found in Britain....lived in Ghana....’

Which one is Boris talking about?
Thank you Sir for the information this is not the way it is presented in France .

No, France is listening to Boris, who doesn’t know anything, just like the people in Wuhan are walking around, after all of the world violence, still not knowing where the virus comes from in their own country.

This is the Chinese report for the B117.1 mutation that matters, N501Y. It was published online on 30 Jul 2020 and parts or all of it can be translated into French to show the deception/confusion. Clicking on ‘expand’ in the abstract will show the locations involved:

China, Sep 2020, N501Y COVID-19 Mutation

Even most Japanese are duped about the Chinese mutation.

Mainichi, 23 Jan 2021, Tokyo Girl With No Travel History To UK Infected With New Coronavirus Variant
’....The girl has not been in the United Kingdom and has not had any contact with anyone who has been overseas....The girl was in close contact with a male Tokyo resident in his 40s....’

If the N501Y mutation can arise naturally in Chinese mice after six passages in these animals, why is the little girl’s case all that surprising?

It's natural for viruses to mutate. That's why there's a "new" flu vaccine every year.

But laboratories can have viruses dancing to a faster song. If they didn't then the Liberal elite would lose the control they acquired with that they bought. Funding more virulant mutations? Just a cost of doing business. Probably written off as "public relations" expense.

The N501Y mutation arises naturally in both mice and humans, so why are the Japanese and other media acting as if it were a mystery? Because the nomenclature was never true science. You don’t call a collective of 17 virus mutations B117.1 without it becoming CIA-like propaganda, certain to cause trouble later. The mutation Fauci got backwards in his video, D614G, occurred naturally in humans hosts, within about one week apart, in both Germany and China. Neither country was in collaboration.

What information is Boris basing his lethality claims upon? If there’s a published report, we’ve yet to see it, and the only report Homo sapiens should start the investigation with is the Chinese one:

30 Jul 2020

Dahlia's interesting thread was an early warning; this news did not otherwise hit American news coverage yesterday. But it led on the front page of the Wall Street Journal this morning.

I read it carefully: the estimates are all over, from a third more lethal (only from 10 to 13 in a thousand people dead who catch the disease) to almost double, but we're not talking huge numbers here in the first place.

The research is so preliminary that I doubt it's true. It looks too likely to be a propaganda effort to me: scare people into remaining under government control by saying it's worse, it's worse, wear your mask, wear your mask, follow all government orders, don't protest, don't complain, don't go outside. I don't trust anything this preliminary at all, and besides, what can anyone do about it? The masks don't work, the lockdowns are killing the economy and starving people.

I suppose the British and European and American governments are all copying China's rigid control of the population. It does no good about the disease, which is just spreading faster, but governments love control.

None of this matters if mutations don't let the virus evade the vaccine. If it does, we'll be glad of our natural immune systems. But I don't think we are there yet.

#12: The sequences show that there was no lab manipulation and escape is highly doubtful. COVID-19 came from nature, exactly where? The Chinese have been thorough and already know the origin, as they now have the confidence to invite the WHO to help them dramatize the story and begin to project conspiracy theories onto non-communist countries.

The Chinese report for N501Y is for six passages of the virus in the same mouse host, so the only thing we’ve found that comes close is the Italian patient’s similar convalescent plasma, PT 188, for the E484K mutation:

’....For six passages and 38 days, PT 188 plasma neutralized the virus....and did not show any signs of escape. However, after 7 passages and 45 days, the neutralizing titer decreased to 1/320. Sequence analysis revealed a deletion of the phenylalanine in position 140 (F140) on the S-protein NTD N3 loop in 36% of the virions. In the subsequent passage (P8), this mutation was observed in 100% of the sequenced virions and an additional 2-fold decrease in neutralization activity was observed....1/160. Following this initial breakthrough, a second mutation occurred after 12 passages and 80 days of plasma-virus co-incubation. This time, the glutamic acid in position 484 of the RBD was substituted with a lysine, which occurred in 100% of the virions.’

No, France is listening to Boris, who doesn’t know anything, just like the people in Wuhan are walking around, after all of the world violence, still not knowing where the virus comes from in their own country.
No, I was thanking you for your information and to say that France is the one who tells nonsense, it does not surprise me either

Dahlia's interesting thread was an early warning; this news did not otherwise hit American news coverage yesterday. But it led on the front page of the Wall Street Journal this morning.

I read it carefully: the estimates are all over, from a third more lethal (only from 10 to 13 in a thousand people dead who catch the disease) to almost double, but we're not talking huge numbers here in the first place.

The research is so preliminary that I doubt it's true. It looks too likely to be a propaganda effort to me: scare people into remaining under government control by saying it's worse, it's worse, wear your mask, wear your mask, follow all government orders, don't protest, don't complain, don't go outside. I don't trust anything this preliminary at all, and besides, what can anyone do about it? The masks don't work, the lockdowns are killing the economy and starving people.

I suppose the British and European and American governments are all copying China's rigid control of the population. It does no good about the disease, which is just spreading faster, but governments love control.

None of this matters if mutations don't let the virus evade the vaccine. If it does, we'll be glad of our natural immune systems. But I don't think we are there yet.
This pandemic is hurting us all, it’s hard, and maybe it’s a conspiracy to dictate people’s lives? all this makes no sense here in France when there are many cases of covid and death the government doesn’t really do much to help hospitals and when it less case it confines everything and the hecatomb of the economy that is there and that will come in the future will be like a horror movie , I say like that because that is what I think and feel unfortunately.

Forum List

Back