Border Wall

So border fences that have guard towers do prevent people from crossing the border.

I get the feeling you're trying to push me to a point where you think you can "win".

The reality is the US/Mexico border is 2,000 miles long.

The Berlin Wall was 96 miles long.

The Berlin Wall alone would not have worked. People were willing to scale that to escape. The Wall merely slowed people down, and there were ways UNDER the wall. One was a subway tunnel that went under it.

It had 116 watch towers, or more than one a mile, or 300 watch towers, or 186 watch towers depending on who you listen to. Either way it was more than one a mile.

The number of troops there was a lot. Imagine how much this would cost the US, it just wouldn't be feasible.

Also it's not necessary. The US Mexico border isn't two countries which are essentially at war with each other. You want to stop people getting into the US, you don't need an expensive wall to do that.

Oh. So you are saying that walls do work.
cc5qzg0bbar71.png

So, you are for open borders and letting thousands illegally cross every single day, hundreds of thousands per year. And, we'll give them free food, free medicine, free money, etc and allow them to spread Covid into our country while blaming increased cases on the unvaccinated.

So, you are for open borders and letting thousands illegally cross every single day, hundreds of thousands per year. And, we'll give them free food, free medicine, free money, etc and allow them to spread Covid into our country while blaming increased cases on the unvaccinated.

That;s how leftists think. A hospital saved tens of thousands of people but if one dies, tear down the entire hospital. That's why we have to fight to keep people with this mindset out of power.

Well, there is that and the fact that most illegals are here on expired visas, not from tunneling or running across the border.
40% is most? Since when?

So allowing 100% of the border crossers is better than allowing only 40% of them?

Such is what passes for logic among progs.

I get the feeling you're trying to push me to a point where you think you can "win".

The reality is the US/Mexico border is 2,000 miles long.

The Berlin Wall was 96 miles long.

The great wall of China was 34,000 miles long. I think our technology is much more advanced than theirs.

The Berlin Wall alone would not have worked. People were willing to scale that to escape. The Wall merely slowed people down, and there were ways UNDER the wall. One was a subway tunnel that went under it.

It had 116 watch towers, or more than one a mile, or 300 watch towers, or 186 watch towers depending on who you listen to. Either way it was more than one a mile.

How man people got across the Berlin wall in the 35 years that it was up?

The number of troops there was a lot. Imagine how much this would cost the US, it just wouldn't be feasible.
It takes more troops without a wall than it does with a wall, dumbass. It's easily feasible. If Israel can build a 230 mile wall, then we can build a 2000 mile. Whenever someone claims it isn't feasible, they are obviously lying out their ass.

Also it's not necessary. The US Mexico border isn't two countries which are essentially at war with each other.

Yeah, actually, it is.

You want to stop people getting into the US, you don't need an expensive wall to do that.

The how do you do it, turd?

A discrete wall that is easily defended around the Capitol is somewhat different from a thousand mile wall that can NOT BE defended in a like manner
The Berlin Wall worked. All we need to do is add guard towers next to the border wall.

Forum List

Back