Border Security: The Right Message Will Do

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Border Security: The Right Message Will Do
By J.B.Williams
February 7, 2007

Just about every American, Republican and Democrat alike, conservatives and liberals and even all three Americans in between (aka centrists), are scratching their heads still trying to figure out how something as basic as closing our borders to illegal (unidentified) entry, could be overlooked by so many bright folks, especially at a time when our country is under attack from multi-national terrorists.

Allegedly, the smartest folks in our land, politicians, (I said allegedly), can’t seem to agree on what to do about a growing illegal invasion of the U.S. borders. They have come up with literally dozens of wasteful spending spree proposals under the guise of border enforcement, but not a single one has managed to stop the rising tide of illegal and sometimes lethal invaders. Yet we are spending trillions to allegedly secure this nation from future terror attacks? (I said allegedly…)

Oh sure, we have sent more troops to the border to demonstrate just how serious we are about closing that border. Unfortunately, we sent those troops along with an order not to engage the invaders under any circumstances. We have two border patrol agents sitting in prison right this minute for overlooking that directive in their employee manual. They thought they were actually supposed to stop invaders from coming in, stupid them… Didn’t they read the campaign signs reading “FREE STUFF, education, medicine, food, come one come all” (paid for by the Democratic National Committee)?

for full article:
http://www.michnews.com/artman/publish/article_15701.shtml

Well, what can I say? J. B. Williams is right, it's important to secure both borders. That I could follow. But this:

Bush: Guest Workers Help National Security
By Staff, Feb 8, 2007

President George W. Bush said in Washington Thursday a U.S. guest worker program is vital to national security. Bush spoke during a visit to the Department of Homeland Security, addressing his remarks to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff.

"I firmly believe that in order for your Border Patrol agents to be able to do their job, we need a guest worker program so that people don't have to sneak in our country, and therefore, we can really enable your good folks to be able to focus on terrorism, drug runners, gun runners," Bush said.

The president said efforts to secure the border between the United States and Mexico will be effective, and said the department is "modernizing a border that needed to be modernized, whether it be through fencing or the different types of high-tech investments."

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/breakingnews/article_21263184.shtml

I don't think that's the message Williams has in mind. There's a guest worker program now, but Bush and the other Democrats won't rest until they get their blanket amnesty bill passed.

Rephrase: People are sneaking in because the border's not offically wide open. But if it was, the Border Patrol agents wouldn't have to worry about terrorism like DHS does. I'm sure he's the Border Patrol agents bestest friend these days.

Is this about Karl Rove's kid again? And how does one "modernize a border that needs to be modernized'? Dig another Rio Grande?

I wish there were more people in Washington who saw the situation like Williams does. He makes far more sense than the politicians in Washington.

And you're right--amnesty, I'm afraid, is a given. Both political parties see it as a win for them.

amnesty, I'm afraid, is a given. Both political parties see it as a win for them.

Yes.

Democrats like it because it's a big giveaway of resources, will probably build their voter base and will displace those awful, terrible white people who actually built this place.

Republicans like it because it makes for cheap corporate labor, and they can posture as "multicultural" and immune to charges of "racism."

Forum List

Back